Author Topic: Sellers to Praise  (Read 143664 times)

spazz

Re: Sellers to Praise
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2012, 07:52:11 AM »
I must also sing the praise for emovieposter, just received my first shipment from them (Sugar Hill) & everyone I dealt with was beyond awesome. The packaging was bullet proof so much so that even Canada Post was at a loss trying to damage it (received it unscathed). Just a awesome experience.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2012, 11:13:32 PM »
Canada Post do try very hard to inflict damage
Chris

Offline Hallucination Generation

• Collector
« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2012, 04:09:09 PM »
ddilts399 a.k.a. Movieposters4U for The Dark Knight Rises Adv. B on ebay.  Superbly packaged and excellent condition.

rare_authentic_cinema_posters a.k.a Hallucination Generation for rare Joker poster on ebay.  Excellent packaging and communication.

Thanks.  :)

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2013, 11:43:51 PM »
Recently purchased a rolled RotLA (Amsel art) from a seller named Rick Dignan, who used to own a store called "Dreams" in San Anselmo, CA. Package got lost temporarily by USPS, but Rick remained in contact with me daily. Friendly guy, great seller, nice items.

Also (but these should be obvious by now),
+1 for ddilts399
+1 for Dan
Witty signature goes here.

Offline lynaron

• Collector
« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2013, 01:49:18 PM »
I was in Paris this weekend and visited one of the last of the walk in poster stores left on the earth :(.  Picked up the small French (22''x33'') affiche from CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF (LA NUIT DU LOUP-GAROU) ;D.  I highly recommend INTEMPOREL (22 rue Saint-Martin, 75004, Paris) and the owner Stanislas Choko.  Nice guy and a nice store with some great posters on the wall (a beautiful LAWRENCE OF ARABIA and some French films I didn't recognize).  While I was there a couple was looking at a pair of Rita Hayworths, a US three sheet from LADY FROM SHANGHAI and another French monster sized Rita.  Check his website:  www.intemprel.com.  If nothing else go to Paris and walk along the Seine, have a crepe and enjoy one of the most beautiful cities in Europe  ;).
I'll raise a glass to the illusion but drink to the reality.

Sci-Fi_Sorcerer

« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2013, 10:31:40 PM »
theres a large colony of drop bears on the WA/SA border, the bus driver wouldn't let us out for a piss (smoke) for a hundred mile stretch. I saw a lot of Kangaroo carcasses on that part of the road. quite scary.

What on earth is a drop bear? Consider the "black cats" that roam NSW, SA and Victoria. I once met a retired circus performer who said a panther from the show gave birth to a litter of cubs(?) and he was told to take them down to the river and drown them. He couldn't do it, so he drove them into the bush and left them. This was supposed to have happened in the 1950's in country Victoria.

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2013, 10:35:16 PM »
We have the Denmark panther down here. Never seen it myself.
Did see a "Tasmanian tiger " apparently, between Perth and Albany.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Sci-Fi_Sorcerer

« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2013, 10:37:31 PM »
Yes it is.
Accidents like this giraffe-plane disaster are rare, but as one who travels the roads an awful lot, the number of deer I see in this condition is criminal.
I always carry containers, blankets and gloves to aid distressed animals.
In most cases, there isn't much time to save them, but I always try.
Right now, we have too many Canada Geese fledglings on the shoulders of the highways in New York.
Despite repeated calls to the DEC, the bureaucrats are reluctant to relocate the broods.
They are as useless as tits on a bull.

And you know all about boobs, don't you?   ;)

Sci-Fi_Sorcerer

« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2013, 10:38:28 PM »
We have the Denmark panther down here. Never seen it myself.
Did see a "Tasmanian tiger " apparently, between Perth and Albany.

But what is a drop bear?

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2013, 10:40:31 PM »
Chris

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2013, 11:56:16 PM »
Yeah those Drop Bears are pretty bad down that way Ari, so I've heard anyway. Saw a rare dead one on the side of the road the other day when walking the dogs, figured it had been nailed by a convertible, when it missed its mark...gave it a kick for good measure. Bastards.
David

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2013, 12:05:08 AM »
Once a drop bear latches onto you, there's no escape...

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2013, 12:14:54 AM »
I accidentally rooted a drop bear once, long story, starts with tequila ends with an arrest. Bad night.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2013, 12:18:22 AM »
I accidentally rooted a drop bear once, long story, starts with tequila ends with an arrest. Bad night.

You are a twisted man.
God love you.

guest4185

« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2013, 01:24:15 AM »
I still have a slight scar on my arm from a koala hanging from it about 6-7 yearsd ago. Poor thing had survived a bushfire and was a bit scared and wasn't keen to let go. I was helping at a recovery shelter and being a fairly big male got to handle most of the troubled souls. There were some lovely placid little creatures as well.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2013, 01:34:11 AM »
Good for you, Rick.
I found this earlier.  They are such unique critters.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3wvVegFwrYE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3wvVegFwrYE</a>

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2013, 07:24:22 AM »
But what is a drop bear?
Imported batch of Haggis that escaped into the bush while being transported...aggressive critters.

Stew

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2013, 12:20:42 PM »
Ha, my Step-Daughter is up at Edinburgh this weekend. She's just sent me pics of the Frankenstein pub we were in last time all of us were up in Edinburgh. The Zoo is quite the ticket also.
It's more than a Hobby...

Pronay

« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2013, 03:56:34 PM »
fantomas38000 - super accurate descriptions of posters, talked with them & had my 4 posters easily combined in shipping.  they got from barcelona to orlando in two days.  well packed, the package took on a sizable dent but that didn't get through all of the layers.  really happy all around

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2013, 05:11:34 PM »
fantomas38000 - super accurate descriptions of posters, talked with them & had my 4 posters easily combined in shipping.  they got from barcelona to orlando in two days.  well packed, the package took on a sizable dent but that didn't get through all of the layers.  really happy all around

While they do a fine job in most respects and seem to be getting better, their packaging could be improved, particularly for international shipping. Their biggest problem, though, is their overall over-grading (not a lot, but persistent) and undocumented problems (writing and/or stickers on back, holes, etc.).  I would not avoid them as a seller since the still offer more good than bad, but one should know what to expect...

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2013, 05:55:39 PM »
While they do a fine job in most respects and seem to be getting better, their packaging could be improved, particularly for international shipping. Their biggest problem, though, is their overall over-grading (not a lot, but persistent) and undocumented problems (writing and/or stickers on back, holes, etc.).  I would not avoid them as a seller since the still offer more good than bad, but one should know what to expect...

+1

I bought a poster recently that was listed as a 4/5 (implying 8/10).  I would probably grade it a C5 tops. 

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2013, 09:21:01 PM »
+1

I bought a poster recently that was listed as a 4/5 (implying 8/10).  I would probably grade it a C5 tops. 

You have to factor in the Euro conversion ;)
Chris

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2013, 10:10:26 AM »
+2 , photobusta set with holes punched in them I would think should be an advertised defect regardless of how common that is.

Pronay

« Reply #123 on: March 15, 2013, 12:14:15 PM »

guess I lucked out then

Mirosae

« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2013, 11:07:02 AM »
MOVIE POSTER EXCHANGE NEW WEBSITE

Not sure if this should go here. But I just want to say that the new MPE website is FANTASTIC. What an improvement. I thought it was good, but now it makes my life so much better. I find it easier to navigate. It looks great.

Top marks thumbup

http://www.movieposterexchange.com//