Author Topic: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2846132 times)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #425 on: June 03, 2010, 01:13:45 PM »
POST AUCTION ONLY.
Like most of us suffering from Obama-nomics, I search for deals.  When I find something I've been looking for at a low opening bid, I check the counter and hope that you other crack-addicts haven't already found it.
I would hate to find one of my 'finds' outed on the forum and lose it all over again.

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #426 on: June 03, 2010, 04:39:21 PM »
Instead of posting an auction up before it has ended in the open forum, why don't you just PM me and you and I can discuss it privately. That way you still get to talk about it and you don't have to wait 6 days to do so all while being courteous to others.   8)

This isn't directed at any one person, the offer is open to everyone.  ;)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #427 on: June 03, 2010, 06:51:16 PM »
I understand and agree forums are a tiny fraction.
Holding off discussing an auction, especially when Mel knows he won't be participating in them, is just a small courtesy to provide fellow collectors who may be participating in the auction.
If it's under $1000 give it a few days to close before discussing. Announcing a poster mid-auction serves no purpose aside from satisfying a fleeting posting urge or Mel offsetting his idle time.

Carson, I'm going to put you down as voting for (new) choice E: "No discussion of pending auctions unless I feel like it."  

A few months ago you spent your "idle time" on this forum posting several updates during a pending auction of the extremely rare unicorn Lost In Translation poster on Emovie.  You started posting when it was $150 until it finished at $250.  Anybody on this forum could have jumped into the fray and pushed the price higher because of your postings.

A few months later you specifically stated that that poster was nearly impossible to find.

Also you - and several others - routinely post when Alamo posters go on sale.  These types of postings have created an extreme "buying frenzy" that makes it impossible for many to purchase those posters.

Bottom: You've got zero "street cred" on this issue.

**** posting from January 2010 ******

***** recent posting*****

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #428 on: June 03, 2010, 06:59:07 PM »
The alamo posters are not even in the same solar system, there are normally 200 of them and advertised on 10 websites at a minimum. It is a friendly GO NOW post to HELP people try to obtain something and that does not change the end pricing.

I could even give 2 shits less about stuff on Bruce's and Rich's site as people make time to look at them with known end times and can plan their life around it. Ebay is all I really care about. I don't have time everyday to look at every poster listed and refresh the poster category nine thousand times a day. When I do take time out to browse or search for something I want, yes it does piss me off when someone else "outs" it.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #429 on: June 03, 2010, 07:25:08 PM »
That and the fact that Alamo posters are not an auction.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #430 on: June 03, 2010, 07:33:46 PM »
I have a solution. everytime you want to out an auction, do this: where ever you would put the title of the item and the ebay link, I suggest you insert the term "lick anus".. so a potential outing of a Star Wars Birthday  poster by seller Funkystars would look like this:

Hey folks I just found a lick anus poster on lick anus being sold by lick anus.
The link to the poster being sold on lick anus is lick anus
also, I hope that any board member who wins the lick anus poster has alot of fun looking at his lick anus poster that he won from lick anus.

Lick anus rules

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

• Post-aholic
« Reply #431 on: June 03, 2010, 07:37:28 PM »
oh.. sorry to any lick anus fan who will have to pay more for his lick anus poster now that I outed his shit

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

• Post-aholic
« Reply #432 on: June 03, 2010, 07:51:27 PM »
here's a screen grab of the Lick Anus auction listed on Lick Anus

-------

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #433 on: June 03, 2010, 08:13:13 PM »
ahh rich, one of a kind.

Back to the thread...

I still think outing auctions as a crime is crazy.
I dont sell via auction, so I am not someone who is better off with it.
It seems collectors, just always want a bargain, and sure everyone does, BUT, if you are bidding AT AUCTION, whether it be Ebay or MPB or HA or whatever, you have to respect the fact OTHERS might want it, and if they want it more than you, OR they happen to have a few more bucks in the bank, OR they are a dealer and have a buyer lined up, or WHATEVER, and they win.... THATS WHAT AN AUCTION IS.

An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

• Post-aholic
« Reply #434 on: June 03, 2010, 08:37:01 PM »
We understand your view, Ari, though how many times can essentially the same point be made by you and Rich? What makes it worth your time? Why is posting a poster mid-auction so significant to you and Rich? I've asked this question previously. If you look back, it's now 3 times in which you and Rich have made the same points.
let me answer you this way Carson:

We understand your view, Carson, though how many times can essentially the same point be made by you and (lick anus)? What makes it worth your time? Why is posting a poster mid-auction so significant to you and (lick anus)? I've asked this question previously. If you look back, it's now 3 times in which you and (lick anus) have made the same points.

note: any similarity between Lick Anus and any person living or dead is purely coincidental

-------

Carson

« Reply #435 on: June 03, 2010, 08:38:00 PM »
We understand your view, Ari, though how many times can essentially the same point be made by you and Rich? What makes it worth your time? Why is posting a poster mid-auction so significant to you? I've asked this question previously. If you look back, it's now 3 times in which you and Rich each have made the same points.

If you review the thread it's plain to see. The majority don't like to have their poster auctions posted during auction and prefer keeping the thread, as titled, post auction.

• Post-aholic
« Reply #436 on: June 03, 2010, 08:40:28 PM »
whoa.. Twilight Zone.. I quoted Carson prior to his commenting.. I must have ESPN

-------

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #437 on: June 03, 2010, 08:45:58 PM »
Rich if I ever get to be the in the subject in the parens, I would prefer to move to the front side of the bus and not one with a gear shift.  :P

• Post-aholic
« Reply #438 on: June 03, 2010, 08:49:51 PM »
Rich if I ever get to be the in the subject in the parens, I would prefer to move to the front side of the bus and not one with a gear shift.  :P

duly noted.. (lick anus) doesn't want any stickshifts

wynk

-------

Carson

« Reply #439 on: June 03, 2010, 09:07:39 PM »
let me answer you this way Carson:

We understand your view, Carson, though how many times can essentially the same point be made by you and (lick anus)? What makes it worth your time? Why is posting a poster mid-auction so significant to you and (lick anus)? I've asked this question previously. If you look back, it's now 3 times in which you and (lick anus) have made the same points.

note: any similarity between Lick Anus and any person living or dead is purely coincidental

I readded my post just as you posted, Rich; fascinating, I'm sure. To answer your question, what makes it worth my time, Rich, it's in recalling when I was a younger collector buying on a shoe string. $5 was a lunch at subway. The thread is called post-auction for good reason. If not posting a poster mid auction as a small courtesy to others can save a collector $5 or a dollar it's worthwhile. No collector should need to pay more for a poster, essentially, because Mel is filling his idle time posting auctions he won't be participating in.

Further, it's worth my time as a member and moderator to listen to what the majority is expressing and if you review the majority would rather not have their posters posted while they're bidding on them. Do you not get that, Rich? If not, how can I make it expressly clear. Help me help you.  :) And are you married?

• Post-aholic
« Reply #440 on: June 03, 2010, 09:14:55 PM »
Further, it's worth my time as a member and moderator to listen to what the majority is expressing and if you review the majority would rather not have their posters posted while they're bidding on them. Do you not get that, Rich? If not, how can I make it expressly clear. Help me help you.  :) And are you married?

what majority.. 3 people vs 4 people??
I suggest a thread just called "Auction" or "Out the Auction" or even "Pre-end-of-sale-auction-outing"

how often does it happen to begin with??
what empirical evidence do you have that shows whether such comment has positively or negatively affected any bidder??
how do you reconcile the reported hipocrissy that Mel has pointed out in your posts??
to be sure.. not being able to talk about something IS CENSORSHIP

and I'm not currently married (lick anus) didn't like my jokes.

-------

Carson

« Reply #441 on: June 03, 2010, 09:18:37 PM »
Again, Rich, I'm asking you (or Mel) why it's so critical for you to post mid auction? Please elaborate. I've explained my feeling on the matter. Why is it so crucial to you?

• Post-aholic
« Reply #442 on: June 03, 2010, 09:23:39 PM »
Again, Rich, I'm asking you (or Mel) why it's so critical for you to post mid auction? Please elaborate. I've explained my feeling on the matter. Why is it so crucial to you?

Carson, you approach the question from the wrong direction, and that's why you don't see our side. The real question is: why do you think that because you want to save a few bucks that our speech should be curtailed

that is the true root of the situation. I want to talk if I so choose. You wish to stifle my chat.

-------

Carson

« Reply #443 on: June 03, 2010, 09:40:01 PM »
How do I reconcile the post Mel mentioned? I reconciled it 3 months ago in this thread. Here's the post, Rich: Here

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #444 on: June 03, 2010, 09:42:17 PM »
wow, we need live chat, lets take this to the octogon on styleC

Carson

« Reply #445 on: June 03, 2010, 09:47:40 PM »
I'll post a poll to end it.

• Post-aholic
« Reply #446 on: June 03, 2010, 09:50:43 PM »
LOL.. my friend.. that is a pathetic response. Mel showed how you outed an auction that still had days to run. So obviously you didn't think there was anything wrong with it at the time. Did someone spoil your fun on something else afterward, and so now you're up in arms against it? That's what I call a lack of consistent philosophy and that's what I'm saying you need to reconcile.

But that only answers ancillary issues. Again, the real question: why do you think that because you want to save a few bucks that our speech should be curtailed

that question gets to the root of the issue.
Why is it that your interests trump my own??
Why does your personal interest have greater weight than my interest?

answer that. is there FREE SPEECH or is there ONLY THE SPEECH YOU LIKE?

-------

• Post-aholic
« Reply #447 on: June 03, 2010, 09:53:13 PM »
and (lick anus) with a poll.. It's Holiday's forum right??
let him decide if there will be censorship or not.

-------

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #448 on: June 03, 2010, 09:54:24 PM »
Just a thought - but perhaps someone posting about an auction mid-auction is actually doing so nefariously?

What I mean is, they post it here (outside the for sale section) and they actually have an interest in the auction results (they may be the seller/know the seller/be the consignor etc).  It actually becomes sneaky advertising and we all know how bent prudish forum members get when for sale posts aren't put in the proper place!

Really I just wanted to add some fuel to the fire  :D
Chris

• Post-aholic
« Reply #449 on: June 03, 2010, 09:57:13 PM »
so you're saying that if I post a comment that Lick anus is selling Lick anus on Lick anus, that I actually know anus??
Just a thought - but perhaps someone posting about an auction mid-auction is actually doing so nefariously?

What I mean is, they post it here (outside the for sale section) and they actually have an interest in the auction results (they may be the seller/know the seller/be the consignor etc).  It actually becomes sneaky advertising and we all know how bent prudish forum members get when for sale posts aren't put in the proper place!

Really I just wanted to add some fuel to the fire  :D
so you're saying that if I post a comment that Lick anus is selling Lick anus on Lick anus, that I actually know anus??  laugh1

-------