Author Topic: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2846726 times)

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
Re: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #300 on: April 07, 2010, 07:04:18 PM »
Thanks, Ron...I will definitely look up J. Fields.  At this point I am just looking for the best deal, but do not want to sacrifice quality at the same time.  Still, I would be more picky if I was restoring, but at this point I am taking Carson's advice and just putting it on linen, cracks and holes and all, so it will keep from deteriorating any more.  I like the old poster look, I don't want this one looking too clean at this point.

Wonka, I had Poster Conservation do a few posters for me.  They are very friendly to deal with, did a great job, the price was good, and the turnaround time was quick.  The posters did not need any major work, but they look almost brand new after having them done.  Here are a couple pictures of a 30x40 Taxi Driver before and after linen-backing/restoration, and a Big Lebowski after.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #301 on: April 07, 2010, 07:15:29 PM »
Poster Conservation aka Lee Milazzo (and Angie and Cindy) does great work and the turn-around time is so fast it's unreal

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #302 on: April 08, 2010, 01:46:30 AM »
  I would take Voodoo Woman and Troll 2 over stuff like Gone in 60 Seconds and Armageddon any day.

We talkin' posters or movies here?
As for the Voodoo Woman 1 sheet.  It's worth every penny -- looks virtually unused -- and is far superior to the crap distributed for the other three films. I think the buyer got a sweet deal at $265.

wonka

« Reply #303 on: April 08, 2010, 09:21:24 AM »
Thanks on the advice re Poster Conservation, guys.  Again, I am just looking for a straight up linen backing job, no restoration, but I will definately give them a shout.  Good stuff!

Dale, sorry, I hate that movie.  The icing on the cake was Ben Affleck and his talking animal crackers...ugh.

Carson

« Reply #304 on: April 11, 2010, 04:57:20 PM »
I have John (postermountain) address the gaps and holes by painting the same general color on the canvas itself. Added color only goes on the _canvas_ not the poster. It's when you start patching and airbrushing that it detracts from the poster (imo) as well as gets expensive. It'll make sense when you do it.

lovin' this daybill that just went:

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #305 on: April 11, 2010, 05:06:53 PM »
It was won by a member of NS4GE.  He posted it the other day.  Absolutely gorgeous daybill

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #306 on: April 11, 2010, 05:28:45 PM »
Yeah, that's Matt's Outlaw.  Ain't it a beaut?  He posted it under New Acquisitions.  Lucky bugger also bagged the beautiful Aussie 3sheet of Clint in For A Few Dollars More

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,612.45.html

He's one of those mega-rich Australian poster collectors I've heard about.....
Cheers, Matt!
 cheers

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #307 on: April 12, 2010, 07:14:58 AM »
I got a good deal out of this one:  "Sometimes in life, you just gotta say "What the f*ck", and unload some of your huge movie poster collection for a fraction of what they're worth..."

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #308 on: April 13, 2010, 09:30:10 PM »
Somebody want to explain this? 

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #309 on: April 13, 2010, 09:33:40 PM »
I was going to ask why the Kids Are Alright went for $160 but now after seeing Mel's post...well.. Ill say nevermind.

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #310 on: April 13, 2010, 09:36:48 PM »
PEGGY CUMMINS!
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Bruce

« Reply #311 on: April 13, 2010, 09:44:17 PM »
I'd explain, but then my post would be deleted.

<OO

Bruce

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #312 on: April 13, 2010, 10:02:41 PM »
I'd explain, but then my post would be deleted.

<OO

Bruce

Don't be a sensitive dork.  It's not becoming!  Explain if you care to.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #313 on: April 13, 2010, 10:08:41 PM »
That's right where Gun Crazy should be in terms of price range.  Heritage has sold a few for more $$$.

It's a classic poster!  No surprise at all in my opinion...
Chris

Bruce

« Reply #314 on: April 13, 2010, 10:12:55 PM »
OK. Two collectors who have a goodly amount of money both wanted the poster, and saw that the clearly described defects are not very serious.

Two guys with plenty of dough + only one example of the poster = a high selling price.

Bruce

P.S. How come I get chastised and nothing is said about your drunk with power moderator?

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #315 on: April 13, 2010, 10:43:54 PM »
One of the things I've been most guilty of in life is having a good point and then letting it get lost in the delivery.  I also know that in any situation, each party plays a role of some sort.  Jeannie's heart was in the right place in that she was working to protect the forum by curtailing commercial advertising efforts.  At the same time, she and I both know that you have a LOT to say that could be considered commercial, but which is also of interest aside from advertising.  It's damned hard to draw the line.  Also, it's a pain in the ass even having to watch a line, Bruce.  If I were to lean one way or another towards Grey Smith and Heritage for instance, I could be accused of favoritism towards that site.  Same goes if I lean towards you.  The one thing that Thierry and I do want is a PAID-advertising-free forum. 

In other words, some advertising is good, in the right place such as the for-sale or dealer sections.  Advertising is not good in other sections.  Paid advertising will never be good.  As a moderator, as with me as an owner, Jeannie was doing her best to balance these issues and points of view.  Respectfully, you started crossing the line a bit with personal jabs and that's what started this particular ball rolling.  In times past, it's Dave whose done so, and had Dave done so in this instance, it would have been him rather than you.  Or, for that manner, it would have been anyone that started getting personal.

I don't know if this helps you hash it out in your mind, Bruce, but it's the best I can come up with on short notice ;-)
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #316 on: April 13, 2010, 11:14:06 PM »
Yeah, I dropped out at $6500.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #317 on: April 13, 2010, 11:15:50 PM »
Yeah, I dropped out at $6500.
laugh
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #318 on: April 13, 2010, 11:45:16 PM »
People don't understand, also what goes behind the scenes, and once you are in the position where you need to decide what stays and what goes, its hard.
EG, I have have had SO MANY emails saying I don't play fair, strangely I have only deleted ONE post since NS4 Started, and it was particularly hmm, well, I don’t know how to explain.
But the main complainers are the same people who week after week sneak FS posts into threads.
I choose to ignore it usually, as it shows the postee (?) with their true colours.
Go against the rules, after a while people spot the MO.
And can block that users posts if you like (not sure about here but NS4 you can)
Same on Mopo, I delete all the FS posts before I read any of it.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #319 on: April 14, 2010, 12:03:12 AM »
Somebody want to explain this? 

All I can say is CONGRATS to Bruce and the high bidder!!

Bruce

« Reply #320 on: April 14, 2010, 12:06:37 AM »
OK, Holiday. I will be a good boy!

Bruce

cinemarts

« Reply #321 on: April 15, 2010, 03:19:37 AM »
Spot on for a GUN CRAZY one sheet.
I'm not sure what's not to get on that price.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #322 on: April 15, 2010, 07:08:42 PM »
I hazz captured the 3D Prison Girls!

The seller thinks the censor tape will come off.

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #323 on: April 15, 2010, 09:31:35 PM »
Spot on for a GUN CRAZY one sheet.
I'm not sure what's not to get on that price.

Some of us are new/newer to this. We ask questions.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #324 on: April 15, 2010, 09:44:46 PM »
Zorba, if you are ever looking for some resources for relative poster prices/values/auction results just check out emovieposter.com or ha.com...

Both archives are great resources!
Chris