Author Topic: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2846125 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #8675 on: July 31, 2016, 04:43:50 PM »
You'll do that soon enough.

Counting the days ;)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #8676 on: July 31, 2016, 04:48:19 PM »
You'll do that soon enough.

Counting the days ;)

T

I do that much 3 times a week and twice on Feb 29th

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #8677 on: July 31, 2016, 04:54:01 PM »
So $1.7 mil.  Is that a lot?  This HA crop didn't seem as good as in previous sales, imo.  I had less on my list.

How does 1.7 compares to other sales?

T
Gotta be the worst time of the year to have a signature auction.  If it was my stuff I would've insisted it go later this year.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8678 on: July 31, 2016, 05:25:40 PM »
Why is that?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #8679 on: July 31, 2016, 05:40:12 PM »
Dog days of summer.  A few estate sale companies in my area go entirely dark at this time of the year, and then things pick up again later in August.  Our street is a ghost town right now, everyone is at the cottage, etc.  It's prime vacation time.  I made a few scores during the Guernsey's WW1 and WW2 auction on this very day last year, had the same auction taken place at any other time I'm doubt I would have been able to pick anything up. 

Probably Heritage wants to pre-empt EMP (and last year, Morrie's stuff) by having it now.  I think Bruce is smarter waiting until later in August.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #8680 on: July 31, 2016, 06:06:22 PM »
Dog days of summer.  A few estate sale companies in my area go entirely dark at this time of the year, and then things pick up again later in August.  Our street is a ghost town right now, everyone is at the cottage, etc.  It's prime vacation time.  I made a few scores during the Guernsey's WW1 and WW2 auction on this very day last year, had the same auction taken place at any other time I'm doubt I would have been able to pick anything up. 

Probably Heritage wants to pre-empt EMP (and last year, Morrie's stuff) by having it now.  I think Bruce is smarter waiting until later in August.

historically, Heritage has a Signature Auction in July. Their auctions are scheduled many months in advance.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8681 on: July 31, 2016, 06:27:20 PM »
My pickings this time around.

Two linenbacked posters!!!!!!  Never thought it would happen.  I've wanted them forever and decided i would not find them in near mint folded condition.  So I took the plunge.  They both seem in great LB condition and the price was too good, especially on the Postman, which usually sells for $3k + in this condition.

After I move, I'm actually thinking of maybe, maybe putting these 2 together on the wall.  They look identical in some ways.

The last 3 are collection fillers.  Methodically.  One piece at a time.

T
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 06:29:56 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline keith

• Beginner
« Reply #8682 on: July 31, 2016, 07:35:55 PM »
The last 3 are collection fillers.  Methodically.  One piece at a time.

This was on my watchlist, but I forgot to log in this morning and bid! Congrats.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8683 on: August 01, 2016, 01:23:54 AM »
$200.  So cheap.  The cherry on the cake.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #8684 on: August 01, 2016, 06:05:12 AM »
Didn't think you 'did' Bond...!

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
« Reply #8685 on: August 01, 2016, 07:13:24 AM »
$200.  So cheap.  The cherry on the cake.

T

Great score at $200. I've had a couple of these and they've sold for more than that.

Congrats.
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8686 on: August 01, 2016, 10:48:49 AM »
Didn't think you 'did' Bond...!

It is not one of my main collections, but if you check my website, there is an entire Bond page.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline hepcatpunk

• Hobbyist
« Reply #8687 on: August 01, 2016, 01:21:41 PM »
That Terminator quad was a good buy.   Thought about throwing up a bid for it but couldn't. 

Regret not doing the same for the OHMSS 3-sheet---that was a nice one I thought.  And lost my only bid on the Jedi advance quad----figure I can get that for cheaper some day (fingers crossed).
-Brian

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8688 on: August 04, 2016, 09:23:39 PM »
This ridiculousness reminded me that we haven't seen the Scarlett OS for sale in a while now.  It's funny how some of these titles pop up by the dozens and suddenly dry up.

T
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 09:25:08 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #8689 on: August 05, 2016, 09:13:59 AM »
!

$150 before it all kicked off. 

Lucky seller.  Happy Bruce.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #8690 on: August 09, 2016, 02:09:06 PM »

Offline rumble

• Hobbyist
« Reply #8691 on: August 11, 2016, 09:32:38 PM »
Those Ghana posters are awesome!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8692 on: August 14, 2016, 12:12:24 AM »
A nice result for this first release Spanish OS for To Catch A Thief, finishing at $420.00 this past Tues.  clap clap clap

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4329229

Really nice artistic renditions of Grant & Kelly, too.

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8693 on: August 17, 2016, 01:23:18 AM »
Quite the result on this one tonight. For this international version OS for the 1954 Bing Crosby flick, White Christmas, closing at $3277.00

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4335321

Nice artwork and the tinted photos are really nice, too.

-Jeff

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #8694 on: August 17, 2016, 01:36:37 AM »
Was that the best seller of the evening?
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8695 on: August 17, 2016, 01:44:16 AM »
Was that the best seller of the evening?

Yuppers.

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8696 on: August 17, 2016, 02:12:44 AM »
I sat out of that one (linenbacked posters are not my thing) but I watched it nevertheless.  I already own a good number of posters that sold tonight and it's always fun to see how much some of them have gained in value.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #8697 on: August 17, 2016, 12:02:29 PM »
Quite the result on this one tonight. For this international version OS for the 1954 Bing Crosby flick, White Christmas, closing at $3277.00

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4335321

Nice artwork and the tinted photos are really nice, too.

It seemed to be hanging at low values, so I had talked myself into a $1500 bid, but waited till 7 PM and it was past that in a flash.
-Jay-

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
« Reply #8698 on: August 17, 2016, 02:33:21 PM »
That was one I was surprised the bidding stayed low... until it didn't :o

Offline Filmlobbycards

• Hobbyist
« Reply #8699 on: August 17, 2016, 04:21:44 PM »
This Chaplin/Keaton US OS for The Bell Boy had an estimate of $3-6K.

http://movieposters.ha.com/itm/movie-posters/comedy/the-bell-boy-paramount-1918-one-sheet-28-x-41-/a/7128-86088.s

It sold for $35,850.00 !!  faint2.gif   thumbsup.gif

That was a spectacular result and a one of a kind poster.......A lot of classic comedy pieces have been doing very well lately

This folded animal crackers window card went huge!!
$13,145

This Keaton lobby card was very pricey !!
$4,899

and as a side note one of my Keaton lobby cards just sold to a Director at AMPAS for
$750

More proof that the market for quality material from the golden age of cinema is still very much alive and well!!!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 04:47:26 PM by Filmlobbycards »
Tait