Author Topic: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2845848 times)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #8250 on: January 31, 2016, 04:37:47 PM »
Yeah, about 8"x11". 

a flyer? what did that sell for?

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8251 on: January 31, 2016, 04:42:59 PM »
$250-$300...  I was about to bid on it, I had my finger on the bid button, when I realized its size.  Great design, but too small.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #8252 on: January 31, 2016, 05:08:40 PM »
They saved the best for last with this one.  The price was too high for even the mermaid admirers.

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/43315970_summer-hotel-balaton-sommerhotel-ungarn-travel-poster
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 05:13:06 PM by Neo »

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8253 on: January 31, 2016, 06:11:08 PM »
$250-$300...  I was about to bid on it, I had my finger on the bid button, when I realized its size.  Great design, but too small.

T

spew

this was just another auction with a retailer selling wares at a price lower than their gallery prices and calling it an auction
makes you wonder what their retail gallery prices are!

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8254 on: January 31, 2016, 06:21:58 PM »
Well, actually, I think these prices are pretty close to their gallery prices.  But if they run an auction, they need to start much lower, if only to make us think that we're getting it for cheap.  They were probably banking on rarity, but it didn't work.  An expensive poster is an expensive poster, even if it's never to be seen again.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #8255 on: January 31, 2016, 06:24:44 PM »
Sounds odd only selling only 10℅ of auction items. Someone's head should roll... or some people have money and time to waste or auction house exposure is worth it... Or maybe it is still profitable.... what do I know

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8256 on: January 31, 2016, 06:40:42 PM »
Steve, if they own all of the material, they just made sales. If the items were consignments, why waste the time?

T is correct with his last comment also " if they run an auction, they need to start much lower, if only to make us think that we're getting it for cheap."

that is the nature of an auction. Letting people set the price (within parameters - I no longer believe in $1 auctions for instance) by allowing them to get it at a reasonable bargain if there is no competition. It's a situation where the seller & the buyer both give something up (so to speak) "I'm willing to sell it to you at a low price, if you'll actually pay me, but if there are other bidders - I hope you will compete so that I can achieve a benefit by having allowed you to potentially get a bargain on my item."

-------

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #8257 on: January 31, 2016, 09:53:01 PM »
Looks like the international community of poster collectors gave these guys a big F-U

I bet they barely broke even after paying liveauctioneers fees.  Most of their posters were too small or had condition issues to command that sort of money and the 0% BP was just a ruse.  Even the non-movie posters were ridiculous (if any of you were paying attention) i mean $200 for a Winter Fair poster, $150 for a detergent commercial? Glad i didn't waste a Sunday here although they do have a nice logo

« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 09:54:29 PM by Crazy Vick »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8258 on: January 31, 2016, 10:23:20 PM »
Looks like the international community of poster collectors gave these guys a big F-U

I bet they barely broke even after paying liveauctioneers fees.  Most of their posters were too small or had condition issues to command that sort of money and the 0% BP was just a ruse.  Even the non-movie posters were ridiculous (if any of you were paying attention) i mean $200 for a Winter Fair poster, $150 for a detergent commercial? Glad i didn't waste a Sunday here although they do have a nice logo

I watched the bulk of it, but less so, when it got into the soap/shoes/necktie and smattering of travel posters that were closer to the end. The opening bids on everything for the most part, were pie in the sky openings. If I recall, I think the lowest opening bid, on just a few of the posters, was $80.00

To see the opening prices and passes on many of the opening lots, inc Alien, ESB, Close Encounters, Some Like IT Hot, etc, seemed to set the tone for things to come.  :-\

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8259 on: January 31, 2016, 10:29:14 PM »
This one sold for $800.00.

Roman Holiday, from the 1960's release (per the auction description). The design didnt do much for me (or Audrey), imo.

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/43315808_roman-holiday-movie-poster

-Jeff

Mirosae

« Reply #8260 on: February 01, 2016, 03:27:53 AM »
This isn't really a "OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev...." other than it was one of the only lots that sold in the Budapest Gallery's auction today.

It's one of the coolest from today, IMO. Once Upon a Time in the West.

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/43315830_once-upon-a-time-in-the-west-movie-poster

Totally agree with you. I thought this was the best, or one of the best of the lot. Size does matter though.... But the design is outstanding.

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #8261 on: February 01, 2016, 01:39:19 PM »

Size does matter though

I think most women agree with you!
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #8262 on: February 01, 2016, 02:22:29 PM »
Sounds odd only selling only 10℅ of auction items. Someone's head should roll... or some people have money and time to waste or auction house exposure is worth it... Or maybe it is still profitable.... what do I know

Only slightly less than the annual sell rate at the Hollywood Poster Auction in Columbus. And with the same familiar refrain of - opening prices/reserves are too high. 
If you want to sell - then sell.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8264 on: February 02, 2016, 06:35:37 PM »
I know.  I saw that and I was lmao.

I own a bunch of those, mint condition.  Time to sell?

blahblah blahblah blahblah

T
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8265 on: February 02, 2016, 06:37:50 PM »
I wonder if that will be the top (Winning) bid...

Yowza!  faint2.gif
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 06:50:27 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8266 on: February 02, 2016, 06:49:43 PM »
I wonder if that will be the top Winning) bid...

Yowza!  faint2.gif

The crazy thing is that 5 bidders are going at it.  If it was a bidding frenzy between 2 people, like we see happening so often, I'd get it, but 5 people bid over $200 on a poster barely worth $100.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #8267 on: February 02, 2016, 06:51:35 PM »
Well, it is the cream.  Folded, but unused.  NSS copy.  No fold separations.  No pinholes.  About as good as a folded copy can be.

Still...

I expect it will sell there.  Some rich guy who wants the best, and can afford it.
-Jay-

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8268 on: February 02, 2016, 06:55:20 PM »
Well, it is the cream.  Folded, but unused.  NSS copy.  No fold separations.  No pinholes.  About as good as a folded copy can be.

Do you know how many of those are out there, Jay?  Mint like you said?  A lot.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8269 on: February 02, 2016, 06:55:56 PM »
Then why not hold out for a rolled (never folded) copy?

But for those with $$ to burn, it's easy, I guess.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 06:56:34 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8270 on: February 02, 2016, 09:21:04 PM »
$315.00

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4126931

And I think someone got a good deal @ 250.00

this is one sharp looking poster, IMO. Sounds to be a bit more rare, due to its release time frame.

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4127046

« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 09:26:38 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #8271 on: February 02, 2016, 10:18:18 PM »

I own a bunch of those, mint condition.  Time to sell?

T

I'll be waiting by the phone!
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #8272 on: February 02, 2016, 11:33:45 PM »
I'll be waiting by the phone!

T won't sell and he buys up duplicates to prevent others obtaing them. Though not sure how that theory works when prices get up too high.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8273 on: February 02, 2016, 11:57:19 PM »
There is no theory.  I'm just extremely lazy, and selling means digging, finding, packaging, shipping, and dealing with people, and that's way too much for me to handle.  I like buying because it doesn't involve work.  That's it.

I only buy duplicates if 1) I find a better copy or 2) if the price is so good I can't pass it up.

In the case of Raiders, I had a lot of credit with a store here in Hollywood (they've closed since) and they paid me off with multiple of many posters.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic

-Jeff