Movie Posters > Posters By Size

Bus Shelters

(1/21) > >>

paul waines:
I used to get these free from a fellow I know, but stopped getting them as it was hit and miss what titles he give me. Plus storing them is a nightmare.

Anyone else bother with these, if so how do you store them? Some are a vinyl type material so best not to put these in the loft. They are a nuisance in my small poster room, may need to move to a bigger house again....

There's quite a few of these things, you new poster guys must be up on them...

Disheveledamethyst:
We get plenty of these that come into the theatre, but I don't know if it's just our luck of if it's the new norm, but the bus shelters are almost always the same art as the 1-sheet that happens to be out at the time. We have a history of extremely boring bus shelters that we don't even bother putting up. The only one I have is The Social Network, because I figure somewhere along the line I might be able to sell it to somebody.

paul waines:
Ha ha I know what you mean, I think 99% of modern posters are boring, and was keeping these as I don't throw anything out, and some day I maybe able to swop a few of them for a Bride of Frankenstein teaser, when the market drops out of Uni-horror.  ;)

jayn_j:

--- Quote from: paul waines on May 24, 2011, 09:34:45 AM ---Ha ha I know what you mean, I think 99% of modern posters are boring, and was keeping these as I don't throw anything out, and some day I maybe able to swop a few of them for a Bride of Frankenstein teaser, when the market drops out of Uni-horror.  ;)

--- End quote ---

I don't think the bottom drops out for those of us who care.  At least not until we are in the home.  Our kids reap the benefit, and mostly they don't see the point.

I was teaching a cinematography merit badge class for a group of scouts.  I asked them to watch The Maltese Falcon to study lighting and noir technique.  You would have thought I asked them to poke their eyes out with hot irons.  They simply couldn't relate and I had to back off and demonstrate lighting with more modern material.  The funny part is they ended up making a noir movie and re-invented the technique on their own.

paul waines:
This is my point in a 20 years time who will buy an old Uni-Horror poster. Not our kids, but they may want a Harry Potter... I'm sure some kid who's dad has left him with a load of dusty old monster posters will gladly swap them for a Potter, or a Nemo.  That's more than likely been loaded on to a memory card so they don't have to bother with big lumps of paper. ;D 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version