Author Topic: My Zany Home Framed Collection  (Read 147974 times)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: My Zany Home Framed Collection
« Reply #250 on: October 20, 2011, 09:38:18 AM »
The "You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger" seems an odd choice for a man cave...or is it just me?

If I'm not mistaken, that poster is in his office at work.

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #251 on: October 20, 2011, 04:14:29 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, that poster is in his office at work.

Oh ok...I thought it was in the man cave.
Nice poster, but I still reckon it's a bit out of place among all the posters with perty girls and monsters.

Perhaps fallen is right :)
Ves

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #252 on: October 20, 2011, 04:22:48 PM »
I thought he simply replaced the Midnight Blue quad with that one because the girls kept running away screaming.  This one shows Mel is a new age, sensitive guy who can be trusted  ;)
-Jay-

Charlie

« Reply #253 on: October 20, 2011, 11:55:37 PM »
I thought he simply replaced the Midnight Blue quad with that one because the girls kept running away screaming.  This one shows Mel is a new age, sensitive guy who can be trusted  ;)

Or might end up being a head case that will eventually cheat on her:

Tall Dark Stranger Plot Summary...
In London, Helena Shebritch has a broken heart since her husband Alfie had had a third age crisis and left her seeking his lost youth. She meets the charlatan fortune teller Cristal Delgiorno and follows her esoteric advices believing in the power of prophecy. Alfie meets the younger call girl Charmaine Foxx and proposes her. Meanwhile, their daughter Sally Channing has financial difficulties with her husband and aspirant writer Roy Channing. Roy is graduated in medical school but has never worked as a doctor since he had written a successful first novel and decided to follow the career of writer but he never succeeds in writing a good second novel. Sally starts working in the Geller Gallery and has a crush on her handsome boss Greg, while Roy peeps and flirts through the window with his neighbor Dia that is always dressed in red. When Roy's poker friend Henry Strangler, who had written a magnificent novel and showed only to Roy, has a fatal car accident with their other poker friend Mike, Roy misunderstands that Strangler died and he steals his manuscript that is successfully accepted by the editor to be published. Their lives change when Helena meets a widower that is her twin soul and Alfie finds that he is a cuckold and Charmaine is pregnant. Roy and Sally split, and Sally, who had fantasized an affair with her boss, finds that Greg sees her as a co-worker and friend only. Further, her mother will no longer lend a large amount to her to open her own gallery following Cristal's advice. And Roy, who moved to Dia's apartment, finds that Strangler has not died but is in coma instead

guest8

« Reply #254 on: October 21, 2011, 07:41:14 AM »
Nah .. Mel's already told us he doesnt watch the movies he just likes the pretty pictures! :P

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #255 on: November 02, 2011, 10:38:51 PM »
November 2011 - put up some of my best stuff for the art tour.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 01:01:10 PM by erik1925 »

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #256 on: November 03, 2011, 07:13:06 AM »

Well done, sir.  A feast for the eyes.    clap

Brian
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #257 on: November 04, 2011, 09:40:16 PM »
Any more photos Mel of perplexed neighbors? Any neighbors concerned about the fire hazard next door?(!) I'd pay 20 bucks for the tour.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #258 on: November 05, 2011, 03:19:53 AM »
And now for the awards......voted building resident most likely to be a serial killer.............
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #259 on: November 05, 2011, 04:13:35 AM »
BTW, yours truly designed this flyer and is on the tour this month.  Guess I'll have to put up my "classy" posters (do I have any?):

Visitors may have been expecting art and decor which is elegant, sophisticated, soothing,...

then stopped by Mel's apartment, and, were exposed to this! :

« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 04:14:52 AM by 50s »

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #260 on: November 05, 2011, 10:37:05 AM »
And now for the awards......voted building resident most likely to be a serial killer.............

Visitors may have been expecting art and decor which is elegant, sophisticated, soothing,...then stopped by Mel's apartment, and, were exposed to this! :

Thanks for the Bronx Cheer! ;D

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #261 on: November 12, 2011, 02:12:52 PM »

I'll pass on Tammy and take a double-dose of the Reynold Brown aqua-babe action, thank you.
Great posters, Mel!

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #262 on: November 12, 2011, 04:12:28 PM »
I like the above too. Also impressed you have a frame for an italian poster  thumbup

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #263 on: November 23, 2011, 08:29:43 AM »
My "This Gun For Hire" "fan art" 27x41 poster, which combines the one sheet and the half sheet, turned out pretty well and saved me $20,000 to boot!  I have it in the corner of my office.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 01:02:07 PM by erik1925 »

Bruce

« Reply #264 on: November 23, 2011, 08:36:41 AM »
Nice job Mel! I imagine around 20 or 30 years from now this will turn up on the Antiques Roadshow and will be declared a previously unseen "Style B" with a value of $20,000 to $30,000!

Bruce

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #265 on: November 25, 2011, 06:26:18 PM »

Very well done tribute poster, Mel.  The hobby is lucky that you use your skills for the betterment of it and have not
turned to the dark side.   wynk 

Brian
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #266 on: November 25, 2011, 06:35:29 PM »
Yeah, well done Mel, looks great. I am also impressed you seemingly easily and frequently get your posters up onto the walls to enjoy.

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #267 on: November 25, 2011, 06:46:16 PM »
Yeah, well done Mel, looks great. I am also impressed you seemingly easily and frequently get your posters up onto the walls to enjoy.

Mel,no offence mate ,but....
Thats a standard photoshop,chop and shop job.

Stew

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #268 on: November 25, 2011, 07:53:17 PM »

Stew

It's harder than it looks Stewie. It took several hours to get from A (damaged small source photos) to Z (full-blown 27x41 polished poster) and very few people on this board could do it. But of course a project like that is not the equivalent of creating original art.

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #269 on: November 25, 2011, 09:47:12 PM »

Stew

And ? ? ? ? Finding the sources and thinking of the design probably took the most time.

Mel's created it, printed it and has got it up displayed... More than most of us have the energy to do   thumbup

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #270 on: November 26, 2011, 04:40:07 AM »
And ? ? ? ? Finding the sources and thinking of the design probably took the most time.

Mel's created it, printed it and has got it up displayed... More than most of us have the energy to do   thumbup

There is no "And ? ? ? ?",
I wasn`t mocking Mels effort or skill in producing the poster,it just does nothing for ME..

Stew

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #271 on: November 26, 2011, 04:46:22 AM »
It's harder than it looks Stewie. It took several hours to get from A (damaged small source photos) to Z (full-blown 27x41 polished poster) and very few people on this board could do it. But of course a project like that is not the equivalent of creating original art.
No doubt Mel,your photoshop skills are very impressive.the restoration job you did on the BOF was second to none.
This one Im not so keen on,thats all.

Best

Stew

guest8

« Reply #272 on: November 26, 2011, 08:16:54 AM »
Its ok I still love ya Mel ! ;)

Oh and I wanted to thank you again Mel for my early Christmas present! I came across a tube you sent me last Dec that I must have accidentally placed in the wrong pile .. and it sat there for nearly a year before I found it again and opened it up to find at least a dozen of your givaway posters!! :) Its sooo much fun finding a tube and not knowing whats in it!! the GF thinks thats a sure sign that I have a problem .. all too often I get tubes in the mail and have no idea whats in it .. :)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #273 on: November 26, 2011, 08:18:27 AM »
Its ok I still love ya Mel ! ;)

Oh and I wanted to thank you again Mel for my early Christmas present! I came across a tube you sent me last Dec that I must have accidentally placed in the wrong pile .. and it sat there for nearly a year before I found it again and opened it up to find at least a dozen of your givaway posters!! :) Its sooo much fun finding a tube and not knowing whats in it!! the GF thinks thats a sure sign that I have a problem .. all too often I get tubes in the mail and have no idea whats in it .. :)

Funny - I've yet to forget to open a tube or - even worse - throw away a tube with a poster in it but it's bound to happen. 

guest8

« Reply #274 on: November 26, 2011, 08:29:18 AM »
Funny - I've yet to forget to open a tube or - even worse - throw away a tube with a poster in it but it's bound to happen. 

Well in my defense .. I literally have a half a dozen tubes on my dining room table (aka where I flatten most posters out before they go in the flat file) as well as nearly a dozen spread out in each corner of that room and then twice as many in the corner of the living room (room adjacent to the dining room).. I typically open the tubes asap and get the posters on my table but one must have gotten shuffled to the side here or there :P