Author Topic: Who Framed Roger Rabbit Rolled Authenticity  (Read 2833 times)

Disheveledamethyst

Who Framed Roger Rabbit Rolled Authenticity
« on: February 13, 2011, 02:01:13 PM »

There are typically two versions of the Who Framed Roger Rabbit posters that you can find pretty easily: one is folded and one is rolled. To my knowledge, neither are really that difficult to come by and the rolled one isn't a reprint being passed off as authentic. My first question is was Who Framed Roger Rabbit sent out in a "rolled" form, or are all of these stores and eBay sellers circulating reprints?

I bought my rolled poster from a vendor I have come to trust and am not that concerned, but I've been burned before.

My other question is in regards to the US International Poster.

Now this poster is much, much more difficult to come by. I've only ever found a couple of them for sale and in that small sample prices have ranged from $40 to $300. I have just found a retailer advertising a rolled version of this poster and I was immediately dubious. It seems very unlikely that there is a rolled version of this poster.

Before I buy it, I want to know if a rolled version even exists. I don't want to drop my money on something that is guaranteed to be a cheap reprint. But if a rolled version DOES exist, I might as well buy it and then see if I can authenticate it afterward. Any information?

Lastly, does anybody know the NSS number for either of these posters?

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
Re: Who Framed Roger Rabbit Rolled Authenticity
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 02:14:12 PM »
The only comment i can make is,  don`t let folded v rolled put you off buying any poster,there are too many variables to take into account.
More informed collectors here, should be able to give you more precise details regards measurements,printing etc...

Best
Stew

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 02:22:31 PM »
I'll keep that in mind. I've had a very hard time with authenticating posters with only Google as my tool. Just because a poster is double sided and 27x40 doesn't mean it's real, you know? I once bought a "high quality reprint" off of eBay just to see if I could tell the difference from a poster I knew for certain was authentic and quite honestly I couldn't.

I was hoping with an older poster like Roger Rabbit with NSS numbers and folded/rolled likelyhood it might be easier to verify.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 03:06:37 PM »
I think you need to reverse your question.  Does a reprint of the blue version exist?  Or the white version?  If you find a known reprint of either, then you have something you can compare it with.

As you know, I own an original of the blue version in my Spielberg collection:

It is folded.  Personally, I don't think this poster has been reprinted.  There were more rolled posters printed in 88 than folded posters, so that again is not a problem.  But if you find an "authentic" rolled reprint of the blue version, then you need to be more careful.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 03:13:23 PM »
Hmm... I never would have thought of it that way. I guess I just assumed there's a fake version of everything somewhere. It is very hard to find even a PICTURE of the US International poster, let alone a reprint. There are two pictures of it I can find: yours, and the one I posted that is in very low resolution and originally had somebody's authograph on it.

So considering I've never seen a reprint and even pictures of this poster are difficult to find, I should consider it safe to buy?

Also, were International posters given NSS numbers?

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 03:25:00 PM »
Tell u what... I'm in the middle of 2 NBA games right now, but as soon as they're over, I'll go measure my blue WFRR and check for NSS markings.  There shouldn't be any.  88 was pretty late in time for that.  Give me a few hours, k?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 03:31:14 PM »
That would be incredibly kind of you - thank you very much.