Author Topic: Bondposters.com - Resolution  (Read 6037 times)

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
Bondposters.com - Resolution
« on: January 22, 2011, 06:03:12 PM »
Hello everyone,

I thought it best to create this separate topic so not to take away from Paul Waine's posting about his visit to see me & my collection.

My thanks go to Paul for taking the time to take a (slight) detour from his route today so that he could pop in to say 'hello' and inspect some of what I have.
It was a pleasure meeting you & I look forward to the next time.

An overall response RE members questions concerning my whereabouts, validity & person:

The reason I have not been posting on any poster forum as often as I used to is because of the outlandish statements some members have made, and continue to make, against me.
It is needless, unfounded and at times very immature.

I noticed through watching this forum over many months that a lot of those who have said (negative) things about me have done so after jumping on the bandwagon built initially some time ago on MPF.

Part of the problem is that some people keep on posting deplorable topics and comments about me.
What makes it worse is that these people have never met me (even after invitations to do just that).

It is not about having a thick skin as one member pointed out to me a while back; I have.
This is about acknowledgement and respect. Yes, I have already admitted to unwittingly boasting on MPF, but that was not my intention and I apologised for that privately AND publicly.

If you have a problem with someone, whatever it is, there is simply no justification to oust that person as a fraud or liar without foundation & solid proof.
A fair assessment to make, I'm sure all would agree.

Unfortunately, that has not been the case with me.
Sadly, one member of this forum (he knows who he is) above what anyone else has said or done, really disappointed me and made me decide to rethink & question my whole involvement in the love of collecting movie posters.

I am sure this member is in fact a great guy, just like every single one of us on here!
But he did something incomprehensible in my mind by voicing false information to people, on a public forum (not here), stating I was a fraud and that they should avoid me at all costs.

THIS IS SOMETHING I FOUND, AND STILL FIND, ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE - I PERSONALLY WOULD NEVER DO THAT TO ANYONE WITHOUT PROOF AND EVEN THEN I'M NOT SURE I WOULD DO IT.

- This is the best case of jumping on the bandwagon I could ever report.

Many people believe, and some here may think so too, that I have bloody good reason to dislike anyone who has vilified me over the past x number of months.
But here's the thing: A lot of all this is misunderstanding, jumping on the bandwagon and childishness.

I, therefore, do not have a personal problem with any single man or woman.
What I do have a problem with, and understandably so, is the lurid comments & accusations made against me (just as anyone in my position would).

Images

Many of you have claimed I don't have certain posters because of the lack of visual proof.
But look guys, the only person who probably actually needs to have a visual record of my collection is me - that is why you should not kick off with me for not producing an image for whatever poster you talk about.

HOWEVER, I will post what I deem to be decent images on this forum, BUT IN MY OWN TIME.
You have to respect me on this.

I am not like some other members; thinking of one in particular who posts images of almost every poster they come into contact with.
I mean, that's what the guy does and I respect him for that.
I actually like seeing the posters, but that doesn't mean I have to do the same.

I am not prepared to take mediocre photographs of something I require good photographs of.
Why do something twice when it can be done properly once?

For those interested, I am commencing actual photography within the next two weeks.
The plan is to spend one day per week photographing and cataloguing items the way in which I see best fit for my purpose.
This does not mean I will be posting images on this or any other forum within the next two weeks.

People who have visited me are able to acknowledge the amount of work I have on my hands, not least because of what I do outside of posters.

I don't know any of you on a truly personal level, so I cannot comment on any of your lives, but I can comment on my own:
My time is divided between university, training (gym & free fighting etc), seeing friends & family (the most important part of my life), working and the posters.
Therefore, I hope you can see my life does not revolve around posters as much as I wish it did.
Posters, as geeky as this may sound, are my one true escape from the world - an escape I openly talk about & do not hide.

To that end, I think it is time all the negativity, jabs and hooks directed to me comes to a stop.
Let me get on with what I am doing, let me get involved in the forums again, and let me do it in peace.

Life is too short.

Thanks for your time,

Adam
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: Bondposters.com - Resolution
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 06:09:17 PM »

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 06:12:24 PM »
Please post the Goldfinger subway that Paul mentioned... and the door panels!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 06:21:28 PM »

But he did something incomprehensible in my mind by voicing false information to people, on a public forum (not here), stating I was a fraud and that they should avoid me at all costs.

Adz, I swear, you're such a long-winded drama queen.  I did not say you were a "fraud" but only advised buyers that they better get rock-solid proof when they're dealing with you, since you've broken 1000 promises to show off your collection.  Wonka did the same thing on another forum:

That aside, I sincerely hope you will not break your 1001st promise to show off your collection and do indeed have a stellar collection.  I look forward to seeing it, although I'm not holding my breath:

« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 06:41:43 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

linder1

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 08:00:46 PM »
Life is too short.

Indeed.

And I wonder how you had time to write the oeuvre above in between all your other extracurriculars.

Can't wait...

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 08:23:59 PM »
Adam, I look forward to seeing your posters when and if you choose to post the pics.
 cheers

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 08:29:15 PM »
Mel, why don't you give up on this? When someone else on another forum referred to you as an idiot and a plagiarist, you went ballistic. You are doing far more harassing here than was done to you in just a few posts there, and you are not stopping with this, yet Adz is acting far more mature in my opinion.

I only know Adz as a rapper from the Facebook photo and claiming to have the largest Bond Collection on his site. I agree that making such a claim needs to be solidly backed up, which obviously hasn't been done satisfactorily, since many of us have had at bit of a poke. This credibility needs to be in place before making such statements, else we see what has happened. If Spielberg said he had the biggest movie poster collection, we might believe him as he has built up credibility. Adz is lacking this credibility, but is building it up slowly with people seeing and confirming his collection. Sure, photos would build credibility faster, but ultimately photos can be borrowed from other sites, and really, it is people actually seeing the collection that actually confirms it. Even many dealers put photos on their websites which appear like they have them, but they in fact they don't because they know where to source them from if required, so photos is not really good proof.   

I think if Adz is still claiming he has the greatest Bond collection, then he is still inviting more doubters as that credibility is not yet in place. Unfortunately, Adz I believe went about it the wrong way, making the claims before unambiguously being able to back it up. Because of that and what has transpired, this caper is now stuck on the web for years or decades to come, this will stay with him. It really shows you should be careful what you do on the web and think about the ramifications first.

There is also 2 big egos at play. One claiming they have the biggest and best, the other at center of attention. The people with the best collections seem to be the quiet ones anyway. I think Adz needs to firstly remove all such claims to having the best Bond collection (even if he does have such) until the time is right, or unfortunately accept more of the same, and Mel I hope ends the harassment and even better, apologizes and moves on. Paul who is a key member of this forum and very knowledgeable, has physically viewed the collection and stated he has no doubt it is the best Bond collection. Time to give up Mel... put your energies into the betterment of the hobby...

Seeing photos, won't convince me. If Mel said he owned all the posters showing on his new site, would you believe him? Respected people visually confirming the posters will convince me, and has.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 08:36:27 PM »
Mel, why don't you give up on this? When someone else on another forum referred to you as an idiot and a plagiarist, you went ballistic. You are doing far more harassing here than was done to you in just a few posts there, and you are not stopping with this, yet Adz is acting far more mature in my opinion.

Steve, I appreciate your thoughtful response.  Of course, I don't agree with everything you've said but I'm happy to "cool it" with Adam. Like I said, I look forward to him following through on his latest promise of "resolution."

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 04:47:10 AM »
Paul's visit for us to Adam's place, confirming the collection **is** the resolution.

Nothing in Adam's post said he *will* be providing us images. Only he will, if he judges any photos taken to be 'descent'. I wouldn't wait, nothing to wait for, doesn't need to - just feel lucky if a fellow collector does show us some of their collection. Time to move on... Let him start providing a valuable contribution to this forum like he wants to instead of vilifying him. You might find photos to be more forthcoming...

Let me state again, I don't know Adam, I don't even like James Bond posters, but it is clear we f*cked up bad over the past months and now is the appropriate time to draw a line under it all. We have all said things we wish we could take back, including Adam as he mentions. I trust Adam will now be free to participate in this forum, without further harassment, and I apologize for my part in this appalling debacle...    

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 05:25:22 AM »
Very well said Steve.

Let me sak you 1 Question Mel. If it was Holiday, or Thierry who saw this collection, would you still be behaving like this?

I don't know what your problem is with this Mel! you seem obsessed, Just let it go.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 05:35:16 AM »
Let me state again, I don't know Adam, I don't even like James Bond posters, but it is clear we f*cked up bad over the past months and now is the appropriate time to draw a line under it all. We have all said things we wish we could take back, including Adam as he mentions. I trust Adam will now be free to participate in this forum, without further harassment, and I apologize for my part in this appalling debacle...    

Come on, man.  There is no need don't need to label a lot of people here the villains, or Adam the villain, or a lot of people here as the victims and Adam as the victim.  At one point or another everyone is a villain and/or a victim.  Almost everyone uses harsh words at one time or another, as we are all humans, and with that said, it is cool of you to make a sincere apology for doing something that it appears as though you believe that you made a mistake.  Some may consider this whole saga constructive criticism while others may say that it was harassment in a cruel way.

In everyone here's own defense, it seems that many of us felt a little "ripped off" from Adam's stating that he was going to post some pictures (not in those exact words but it could be inferred that is what he meant) and then not doing so, especially after having been asked so politely  :D.  Judging by the last few posts of Adam, this whole thing appears to have weighed heavily on him, and although this is not the resolution some of us were hoping for (that is, him posting pictures of his collection, of course), he has handled this in the way he most likely felt was best.  Regardless of anything from "constructive criticism to harassment", I think it is respectable that he spoke up and tried to mend the fences.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 06:05:13 AM by NeoLoco »

Offline originalcinemaposters

• Collector
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 06:20:57 AM »
It seems like this has all gone a little bit overboard and i for one will no longer be perusing the dream of seeing pictures of these posters

Life is too short.

However, i do not want to hear any more bragging from Adam on his collection unless he is willing to show and tell

That said, I declare a personal truce

Paul

« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 08:09:48 AM by originalcinemaposters »

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 02:42:49 PM »
Hey everyone,

I thought I would reply to your responses in one go.
Thank you all for your comments.

Thank you, Paul (Waines).
For everything.

Thank you, 50s and NeoLoco.
You are right - I agree with both of you whole heartedly, although the rapping reference is quite funny.
I can dance, but I most definitely can't rap for sh!t.

Anyway, 50s (Steve) hit the nail on the head saying I went about things the wrong way in the beginning.
I did, and openly admitted this. I don't hide from it.
I must state that I personally cannot recall saying I have the largest collection in the world, I know I said 'one of' RE private collections, but not 'the'.
If, however, somewhere along the lines I did say otherwise, then please accept my apologies.

I can also understand what NeoLoco said regarding people feeling 'ripped off'.
Again, I apologise. That was not my intention.
I am not the sort of person to do something like that.

Thank you, Brude.
I will post images (just in my own time as mentioned in my open letter to you all).

HarryCaul - as above.

Thank you, linder1.
To answer your question - I had the time to write what I did because this Saturday was a rare occurrence in which I was free on the evening.
The gym etc were closed, no university, no work, and I put off going to see a friend to write it (who understood why I had to).
Tonight I am taking a break from working to write this.

Thank you, Mel for saying you will 'cool it' with me.
Please remember that no matter who it is when someone is telling the truth you are always fighting a losing battle if you decide to attempt to prove different.

Thank you, Paul (du Heaume).
I have never intentionally bragged, or boasted.
My apology months ago on MPF proved that.

I ask that if any member here who has a vice with me, or would just like to talk to me on a more personal level, to contact me directly and talk to me privately.
I would personally like to hear from Mel and Paul (du Heaume).

bondposters@hotmail.com

Thank you,
Adam
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 02:48:52 PM »
Adam,well done.

Stew

Offline AdamCarterJones