Author Topic: Anyone purchase from https://www.officialauthentics.com/? Are they legit?  (Read 212 times)

Offline B1GR1G

• Beginner
Anyone purchase from https://www.officialauthentics.com/? Are they legit? Or are they questionable? Came across an empire strikes back signed poster with "official authentic's" certificate. Thanks in advance 

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
I haven't dealt with them, but I'm not a signature purchasing person, or a person who tries to get stuff signed by people. 

I looked at these signatures for a few seconds, and personally, I wouldn't buy this or recommend it to someone.  If someone else wants to buy it, then good for them - maybe they won't be bidding against me for stuff I'm interested in haha.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 01:00:57 PM by Neo »

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
First off, I don't even think that is a theatrical one-sheet poster that is being offered - which of course is fine, as people have lots of things signed besides original posters.
But, I also believe some of the autographs are suspicious. I would suggest you post a photo of it on instagram and tag Mark Hamill, he verifies things on there all the time as being his or not - just be warned, he calls out lots of fakes.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Those certificates of authenticity are just such complete BS.  I can print 1,000 tomorrow, make a little logo, add a few long numbers to make it look legit and voila hahaha

I wouldn’t touch this shit even if my life depended on it.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
lol with the domain name alone I would run for the hills.  I dont "get" signed posters though to begin with.

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
Came back and looked at this site more, their address is on Broadway in NYC, but it's one of those "pay $50 a month to say you have an address on Broadway" places, not an actual office where collectors can go to look at/drop off items.  Some other places do it also, so while a red flag, it isn't a deal breaker.

Then read the site a little closer, they give the appearance that they are 3rd party authenticators, (similar to a Spence, PSA/DNA or Beckett), but they aren't - they are just dealers.
They talk about the high industry standards they have and how they "meet other standards", but fail to mention any others they meet. Claim they have a rigorous authentication process and then don't describe any part of the process, they mention the reliable team members who are experts in their field and evaluate each item, but then don't name any of the experts. It's nothing but vague claim after vague claim using circular logic.

I would definitely rate it a giant scam and would trust T's home printed certificate of authenticity more.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline BwanaDik

• Hobbyist
    • Kenyan & African Vintage Art Posters
lol with the domain name alone I would run for the hills.  I dont "get" signed posters though to begin with.

Yeah, what a name! 
 notworthy.gif
Crucifixion? Good. Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each.