Movie Posters > Show Us Your Collection!

Tob's Posters

(1/15) > >>

Hicks77:
I don't know if this site has been referenced yet; I did search on APF but nothing concrete came up.
Either way, http://filmposteraddict.com is a great site.

Maybe the person who runs it is a member here as he/she does link to APF in their links section.

If you are out there... awesome site!

Tob:
That's my site :) Thanks for the kind words! Out of interest, how did you stumble upon it? I don't know much about websites or the internet, but decided to build a site as a quick reference for my collection and have quite enjoyed it...cataloging and organising everything is quite cathartic, although it has taken a long time. Apologies for the dreadful photos too!

I have a backlog of about 150 posters to add to it that I'm working through at the moment (including about 40 various Star Wars posters), then I have to go through and try and fix some of the many errors I keep noticing!

erik1925:
Awesome site, Tob.

Your photos all look fantastic and what I also love is how when you hover your cursor over the poster image, all of the info about the film, poster size, director appear as that second layer, then disappear when you move on to the next poster.

As well as one click on each poster giving the viewer a super size image.

You say you dont know much about website building...I would NEVER have guessed that, from looking at yours.... not in the least.

GREAT job!!!  thumbsup.gif clap clap clap

What site software /layout did you use to create your site?

Tob:
Thanks Jeff! I appreciate the nice words.

My website skills are poor! I hired a developer from India using the Freelancer website - he did all the legwork! I wanted the gallery to look specifically as it does, mainly because I liked to see the various designs for a film and how prints v original posters can look when grouped together, but this caused a lot of work for him as most of the plug-in galleries available appear to justify images vertically instead of horizontally so he had to do some customization. Then I was conscious about how many images to have on a page and the quality of those images due to the time it might take to load a page. I think he did a good job though and the search works pretty quickly too (although I haven't figured out how to do multiple search terms!). The admin interface is basic enough that I can add/edit images in the gallery easily enough.

PS - the site is built on a Wordpress template, but the gallery is a custom plug in.

Hicks77:
Hey Tob, I was just browsing some Alien posters on Google and one them linked to your site.  Lucky me!
You sure have a ton of Japanese posters; do you live or have you lived in Japan?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version