Author Topic: Sellers to Avoid  (Read 264648 times)

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
Re: Sellers to Avoid
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2012, 12:54:09 AM »
Gotten half of em back , still waiting for the rest......

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2012, 12:56:09 AM »
Gotten half of em back , still waiting for the rest......

Post some pics of those restored posters, Tang.
Do you also have 'before' pics?

Charlie

daybillposters.com "what an idiot!" !!!!STAY AWAY!!!!
« Reply #152 on: February 01, 2012, 09:49:42 PM »
Well I found an Aussie Stargate but it had to be from the biggest prick Aussie dealer in the country:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Looking for a Stargate One Sheet
Date: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 5:03 PM
To: <posters@daybillposters.com>

Have the daybill, looking for the one-sheet…

Thanks,

Charlie

From: posters@daybillposters.com [mailto:posters@daybillposters.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 8:26 PM
To: Charlie
Subject: RE: Looking for a Stargate One Sheet

OK.

Yes we have it.

Regards

Date: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 8:31 PM

OK how much?  Can you send a pic?  Ship to US?

Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 5:25 PM

Hi there,

Poster is in storage at our Adelaide unit. Condition is 'Very Good' according to my records.

Cost would be $200 Australian dollars + $20 postage.

I suggest you wait until I retrieve from storage, photograph and send photo should you wish to proceed. Agree?

If not, I will not retrieve poster.

Please advise.

Date: Thu, February 01, 2012 6:12 pm

Did you make a typo?  $200 Australian? Or $20 Australian?  I might Buy it for $40 and buy something else to get to the $100 minimum…  If $200 is your price please don’t waste your time getting it out of storage…

Regards,

Charlie

Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 8:09 PM

Sorry, it was a typo. I meant $220

;-)

No probs. Thanks for coming back.

I am sure you have heard this before.  “You’re an idiot…”  And obviously have a skewed version of reality.  Good luck with your overpriced shit, you Aussie prick… You could have easily made a hundred bucks or more over a poster in storage.  It’s a $20 to $40 poster.  Dare I say again, “idiot…” or perhaps dumbass is a better description.

Wow,

Charlie
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 10:09:25 PM by Charlie »

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #153 on: February 01, 2012, 10:01:12 PM »
 laugh1

Thanks for posting those messages, Charles in Charge.  I needed a good laugh.  thumbup

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #154 on: February 01, 2012, 10:04:13 PM »
$100 minimum?  WTF is that about?
They won't sell you anything unless it equates to at least 100 bucks?
Ves

Charlie

« Reply #155 on: February 01, 2012, 10:05:52 PM »
$100 minimum?  WTF is that about?
They won't sell you anything unless it equates to at least 100 bucks?

That is what the site says.  $100 minimum.  I figured I would pick up a Beetlejuice DB or the Apocalypse DB to cover the minimum....  I was OK with the minimum to get the poster but not the $200 for the one poster; geez.  Be the guy to say he wants something....

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #156 on: February 01, 2012, 10:55:22 PM »
That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard...only seconded by "Cost would be $200 Australian dollars + $20 postage."

FARK ME
Ves

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
Re: daybillposters.com "what an idiot!" !!!!STAY AWAY!!!!
« Reply #157 on: February 01, 2012, 11:19:14 PM »
Well I found an Aussie Stargate but it had to be from the biggest prick Aussie dealer in the country:

Charlie, Holiday just spent $420 in a japanese poster for a new release and you can't spend $200 in your Stargate? You're a cheap bastard man...  ;D

Maybe your giant "I NEED A FREAKING AUSSIE ONE SHEET" signature is not helping you to get a good price...
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #158 on: February 02, 2012, 12:49:28 AM »
Go get 'im Charlie!

$200? He must ne smokin' koala turds...

SHOCKWAVE

« Reply #159 on: February 02, 2012, 01:32:45 AM »
Go get 'im Charlie!

What he said

SHEESH !!!!

Matt

« Reply #160 on: February 02, 2012, 02:02:14 AM »
I've brought one poster off this guy and I can tell you he is a Snapperhead. I asked for payment details and he forgot to give his bank BSB #.  There were a couple of other small problems which I can't remember, but I remember saying to myself to STAY AWAY from this idiot.

He recently had a Thunderball re-release daybill listed on Ebay for over $700. Rick sent him a message questioning his starting price.

Money is his motivation NOT the love of Cinema posters.

Charlie

« Reply #161 on: February 02, 2012, 05:19:17 AM »
So the guy went through the trouble of looking up my full name.  Not sure what that does for him.  But he addressed me by my full name..

More from daybillposters.com:

Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2012 12:44 AM

Dear Mr Charles XX

I find your email incredibly offensive. Please do not contact us again.

Hi Mr. DaybillPosters.com (since you never signed your name to an e-mail)

I see you looked up my name.  I am not attacking you.  You are safe, no need to ring up the local AFP (although perhaps I should let them know you attempted to price gouge me).  I am simply calling it as I see it.  I apologize if the choice of words offended you, but the intent was very much warranted.  In the states it’s actually a crime to gouge prices based on demand.   Not that collectibles apply, but that is simply what you are doing; price gouging.  I find that very offensive; incredibly offensive as a collector.  As a member of the poster collecting community, you sir and the like are sore spots in our hobby.  Cleary you are only driven by monetary purpose.  But as I think about it, $100 for a $20 poster isn’t that bad…  So I am concluding your version of reality is definitely skewed.  Because at gouged prices you won’t find buyers and only make a lot of money every once in a while.  Whereas, if you offered your wares at reasonable prices (with the inventory you appear to have) you would make much more…   When writing the previous e-mail I was reasonably certain you would be offended and that you would not again entertain me as a customer, so I don’t have an issue not contacting you again…

I have also let many others know not to contact you, as they may find the same hassle and attempted gouging…

Best of Luck,

Mr Charles XX

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #162 on: February 02, 2012, 07:41:17 AM »
It seems to me that the guy has the right to set his own prices and terms.  You have the right to pass on it. End of story.

We have a long list of dealers who charge "too much" for their posters.  We accept it because that is the nature of retail.  We tend to frequent the wholesale market, looking for bargains.

Basically, this feud is a wet firecracker and not worthy of you.
-Jay-

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #163 on: February 02, 2012, 09:41:30 AM »
Although he's asking silly money for the poster, he was fairly polite in his email exchanges, I'm not sure he warranted a barrage of abuse :-* :-* :-*

Have to agree with jayn_j's wise words - "this feud is a wet firecracker and not worthy of you."
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:42:03 AM by Tob »

Charlie

« Reply #164 on: February 02, 2012, 10:11:40 AM »
Although he's asking silly money for the poster, he was fairly polite in his email exchanges, I'm not sure he warranted a barrage of abuse :-* :-* :-*

Fair enough...  Dealers always reserve the right to set prices; hi or low...  It could also be from a huge let down knowing I finally found one and the guy was taking advantage of me...  The last time this poster sold at auction it went for a huge sum of ~$3.10 or something...  So $3.10 vs $200; the guy is either crazy or taking advantage of me...  His Apocalypse Now US one-sheet it only listed for $175?!?!?  

And was this really polite:

« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:12:44 AM by Charlie »

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #165 on: February 02, 2012, 10:38:00 AM »
It seems to me that the guy has the right to set his own prices and terms.  You have the right to pass on it. End of story.

We have a long list of dealers who charge "too much" for their posters.  We accept it because that is the nature of retail.  We tend to frequent the wholesale market, looking for bargains.

Basically, this feud is a wet firecracker and not worthy of you.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #166 on: February 02, 2012, 10:59:15 AM »
Fair enough...  Dealers always reserve the right to set prices; hi or low...  It could also be from a huge let down knowing I finally found one and the guy was taking advantage of me...  The last time this poster sold at auction it went for a huge sum of ~$3.10 or something...  So $3.10 vs $200; the guy is either crazy or taking advantage of me...  His Apocalypse Now US one-sheet it only listed for $175?!?!?  

And was this really polite:

Yeah - I can understand your annoyance completely, I've been in similar situations. His response was a bit childish, but could've been an attempt at humour gone bad.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #167 on: February 02, 2012, 11:19:04 AM »
I was under the impression that the $220 was the poster ($200) and the shipping ($20) and he was just sassing you.
Regardless, the piece is wildly over-priced.

You mention that he looked up your full name.  Do you mean he also used your surname?
I see he refers to you as 'Mr. Charles.' Are you Charlie Charles?
I'm confused, because the early emails clearly indicate 'From: Charlie' and 'To: Charlie.'
Did he actually look up your full name?

Charlie

« Reply #168 on: February 02, 2012, 12:33:48 PM »
You mention that he looked up your full name.  Do you mean he also used your surname?
I see he refers to you as 'Mr. Charles.' Are you Charlie Charles?
I'm confused, because the early emails clearly indicate 'From: Charlie' and 'To: Charlie.'
Did he actually look up your full name?

Yeah, Mr. Charles Surname Jr....

Charlie

« Reply #169 on: February 02, 2012, 12:59:28 PM »
Yeah - I can understand your annoyance completely, I've been in similar situations. His response was a bit childish, but could've been an attempt at humour gone bad.

Yeah but he is clearly delusional.  He quotes me $200; higher than his other listed premium posters (obviously trying to take advantage of the situation).  Really, I don't think there is a line at the door requesting Stargate one-sheets.  And then has the audacity to be a smart ass.

Now that you are saying I am too high, the price just went up.  The P**** word was a perfect choice.  Humor or not... If it is even a dude I have no idea and don't even know his name; he didn't even have the courtesy to sign his e-mails.

Probably shouldn't have gone all Thor on his ass. But hindsight is 20/20...

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #170 on: February 02, 2012, 02:42:07 PM »
I think it's a bit much on the sellers part to say, poster is $200...I'm not going to get off my arse and provide you with everything you should have BEFORE you decide to purchase until AFTER you agree that $200 for this is reasonable.

I've purchased from him in the past too, off ebay, which was ok...other than he doesn't know how to pack and it took him forever to send the thing.
But dealing with him 1 on 1, is just plain painful.

Ves

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #171 on: February 02, 2012, 03:05:45 PM »
Don't lose any sleep over this Charlie,you said your piece,if that offends him,screw em. The price is ridiculous, forget about the dude.

Stew

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #172 on: February 02, 2012, 03:15:02 PM »
Don't lose any sleep over this Charlie,you said your piece,if that offends him,screw em. The price is ridiculous, forget about the dude.

Stew

+1

Screw the chazer.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #173 on: February 02, 2012, 03:21:49 PM »
Daybillposters.com: "Hello, Mr.Charlie Charles.
                              Stargate one sheet?
                              $200 plus $20 shipping.
                              I'm sorry.  Yes, that was a typo as you so politely noticed.
                              It is $220 plus expedited shipping...for you...$42.80.
                              That will be $282.80.
                              Oh, and any other 'pricks' or 'idiots' and I will
                              have to adjust the price upwards."

Charlie:

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #174 on: February 02, 2012, 08:50:51 PM »

[/quote]
That is the best damn thing I have seen all day.  The glasses just make it so awesome.
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.