Author Topic: Sellers to Avoid  (Read 263753 times)

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
Re: Sellers to Avoid
« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2011, 01:40:11 AM »
it was banned in Australia for YEARS and I read and read about it, and I LOGVED the 1st,when I finally saw it, I felt like I had wasted a decade of my youth thinking I was going to see something great. TCM it aint. TCM 2 it is, and for now I will forget it exists.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2011, 06:25:20 AM »
it was banned in Australia for YEARS and I read and read about it, and I LOGVED the 1st,when I finally saw it, I felt like I had wasted a decade of my youth thinking I was going to see something great. TCM it aint. TCM 2 it is, and for now I will forget it exists.

I had the same disappointing feeling after the years of hype preceding Terminator 2 thinking Arnold was going to play the villain again and found out he was playing another hero. Immediately after seeing the film, I realized it was really good despite not having the darkness of the first Terminator. A similar disparity exists between Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2. The first one was dark, grainy, horrific. The latter was a gorier, slapstick version of the first. Army of Darkness is yet another flavor in the series. I won't even bother breaking down the Dead Trilogy. My point is, that TCM 2 IS completely different than the first, but in a good way, no, great way. I also believe the first TCM is the scariest horror movie of all time with Halloween close behind. If there's one TCM sequel that really deserves to be forgotten it's Part 4 with the main reasons being a gay Leatherface and Matthew McConaughey's remote controlled mechanical leg brace. Need I say more?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 06:32:24 AM by Chop-Top »

Offline Mondo Hazardo

• Collector
    • MOVIE★INK. AMSTERDAM
« Reply #127 on: September 15, 2011, 01:53:04 AM »
Rare-film Posters:
I was wondering what you guys thought of this one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260848699136?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

He had some more nice posters, but his descriptions are kind of misleading. He describes imperfections, but says it is mint and he uses the often seen " this poster sold a while back at ebay for $1500!"  Quite possible of course, but stupid. I've asked him about the release of this poster (obviously a seventies one). Curious if and what he says.
Wim

Bruce

« Reply #128 on: September 15, 2011, 05:55:26 AM »
Well, the last three feedbacks he received are two negs and a neutral from three different buyers. And the auction you link to is NOT a 1954 poster as he claims.

Kind of says it all, doesn't it?

Bruce

Offline Mondo Hazardo

• Collector
    • MOVIE★INK. AMSTERDAM
« Reply #129 on: September 15, 2011, 06:05:54 AM »
I think so, but maybe someone here had positive experiences with the guy. On another auction he described an Italian 4 foglio as "not mint". Of course it "would look fantastic when linenbacked". I was thinking generally should there be ground rules for this kind of description, such as "mind you, linenbacking a non-mint Italian 4-foglio will cost you anything between $400 to $800 when done properly"?

Offline Mondo Hazardo

• Collector
    • MOVIE★INK. AMSTERDAM
« Reply #130 on: September 15, 2011, 11:42:47 AM »
Just got this answer which is bogus of course: "They did a Reissue in the 70's FROM THIS ORIGINAL STYLE it is very easy to distinguish the 70's from this original print. The bottom and the top part are completely different in the 70's print."

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #131 on: September 24, 2011, 03:03:58 PM »
Except of course that style wasn't used for the 1954 release.
He also has some Godzilla posters which are re-releases listed as original (both Japanese and foreign) including a 70s re-release he lists as an original and "the only known copy of this movie poster in existence" which of course is ridiculous.

But if you want to bid on an overpriced Seven Samurai re-release and help clowns stay afloat, go ahead - you wouldn't be the first.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #132 on: November 05, 2011, 01:27:32 PM »
276-2009 on eBay.  Got a few nice bus shelters from him, and everything was good.  Bought a bus shelter from him recently that arrived damaged and had to file a claim on eBay to get a full refund, other than the cost of shipping it back to him.  I won't post his emails, but he said he hasn't figured out how to send a poster in a tube by itself (without other posters) without the ends getting damaged.  The last one I got had about a dozen tears on the left side, several on the right side, and some big dents from shifting in the tube during shipping.  I asked him if he could send another one, and the reply was basically "partial refund or return for refund minus cost of shipping it" (shipping to me and returning it to him).  Had to file a claim to get a refund of the sale price and shipping to me.  The first kicker is, I paid for freakin' insurance!  The second kicker is that he's sold 3 of the same bus shelters since mine arrived and I contacted him about it and he has a fourth one currently for sale in an auction, but he couldn't just send me a replacement?  Especially since I paid for insurance.  It's bullshit.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 01:50:11 PM by NeoLoco »

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #133 on: November 07, 2011, 02:50:13 PM »
here's a couple

deel4you
this horse's ass sold me a color Marilyn UK FOH
it only sold for $1
but shipping as $10.95 (I think he changed that during the listed days as I would not have bid otherwise)
for $10.95, this jackass sent the photo in a padded envelope with no cardboard for $4. Another moron turning shipping into a revenue stream.

had to file a PP claim, ship it back and the a$$hole did not give me my shipping cost back. He's getting negged.

then you have this a$$hole
hadleyhints
who sold me forgeries meant to deceive

he was hoping to sell me a stack of these fake postcards for Frankenstein & Dracula and many more.. all are inkjet fakes
he's been negged already
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=hadleyhints&ftab=AllFeedback

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

• Post-aholic
« Reply #134 on: November 07, 2011, 06:38:12 PM »
I should add something

almost universally, the complaints (I mean real complaints) have been with items under $20
I have never had a problem with any customer service issue on a more expensive item.

I bought something for $300. I didn't like it.. the guy refunded my money before I even packed the item up.

but $1 items.. they've definitely been the worst sellers.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #135 on: November 09, 2011, 10:53:42 PM »
I should add something

almost universally, the complaints (I mean real complaints) have been with items under $20
but $1 items.. they've definitely been the worst sellers.

Yeah, those weekly 99cent guys have to be watched closely............... wynk

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 11:03:22 PM by ATLfun »
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

• Post-aholic
« Reply #136 on: November 10, 2011, 03:09:11 AM »
only on fleaBay

:-*

-------

Chupito

« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2011, 10:23:29 AM »
My only problem has been with a low cost buyer.

He moaned about transport costs so I sent him the posters before payment in good faith.
(Something which I will continue to do because I don't like to lose faith in humanity)
Sold three posters for 99pence totaling ₤2.97 which he hasn't paid for after a month so now unfortunately I'm having to report him police.
A real moron1

Stay clear of ebay buyer b007art. James Bond he is not.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 04:11:47 PM by holiday »

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #138 on: December 01, 2011, 11:43:23 AM »
Do you know if he's based in the North East of England? 

P.S. I know it's not you Adam... ;)
It's more than a Hobby...

Chupito

« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2011, 01:31:25 PM »
Paul

Yes he's based in the north. In the Wirral.

Ebay can't do anything because it has passed 32 days but they said they are willing to help with an investigation.
What annoys me about ebay is that they are set up to protect fraudulent sellers and buyers despite having all the evidence laid out in front of them.
The majority of users though are honest its just a few which sour the milk.

As luck would have it my brother in law is with Merseyside police and business is taking me to Liverpool soon.
It's not a question of money but the principle and I intend to follow it through.
Even for the small some of around £20.
This for three decent posters which sold for less than a quid each.

exhausting..

Addendum:
Like magic he just messaged to ask how much he owes and he will pay.

Please remove his name from my previous post

(ed.  Done)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 04:12:23 PM by holiday »

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #140 on: December 01, 2011, 05:28:31 PM »
Addendum:
Like magic he just messaged to ask how much he owes and he will pay.

Please remove his name from my previous post

(ed.  Done)

laugh1  Hahahahaha..
Maybe he just read your post.
The power of APF (cue weird, eerie music..)

He did make you wait over 30 days.
Do you want us to edit his name out of your post?

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #141 on: December 01, 2011, 11:00:01 PM »
laugh1  Hahahahaha..
Maybe he just read your post.
The power of APF (cue weird, eerie music..)

He did make you wait over 30 days.
Do you want us to edit his name out of your post?

He was clearly just waiting for the APF post for shits and giggles...
Chris

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2011, 09:40:10 AM »
b007art ... I am sure he has bought off me before.
Hate it when people do what he has done.

What annoys me at the moment is that people are not reading my eBay shipping terms.
It's bloody clear enough!
I charge everything by cost.
I make no profit whatsoever.
Some people, honestly!

Hey, Paul, cheeky **** lol!  laugh1
I would never rip-off anyone anyway; I only ever pay late if there is a problem with PayPal and so it is out of my hands.

Ad
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #143 on: December 02, 2011, 11:32:27 AM »
As I said, I know it isn't you Adam. 

That 007art guy has been bidding on the same stuff I do, he's a bloody nuisance. So I was checking him out, but All I found was, he's in the North of England somewhere....

It's sometimes good to know who you are bidding against.  ;D
It's more than a Hobby...

Charlie

« Reply #144 on: December 22, 2011, 11:18:56 PM »
Fucking green peanuts!   >:( 

If I ever find that asshole he is through!  ;)

[note there is intended sarcasm in this post - Dr. Cooper Ph.D.]

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2012, 01:25:41 AM »
I'm seriously considering quitting the use of my regular linen backer........goes to US w/o notice , doesn't give me track # after numerous emails.

I'm gonna make hell on earth if he does not send my items soon......f-in ridiculous  moron1

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2012, 01:40:31 AM »
I'm seriously considering quitting the use of my regular linen backer........goes to US w/o notice , doesn't give me track # after numerous emails.

I'm gonna make hell on earth if he does not send my items soon......f-in ridiculous  moron1

Who might this be, Tang?
Out the bugger.

• Hoarder
« Reply #147 on: January 13, 2012, 11:40:46 PM »
It's Poster Italia.......gonna give him the benefit of my doubt even though this has taken much , much too long......he might now lose me as a long term customer so why does he shoot himself in the foot , risking 1000s of euros ?

• Hoarder
« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2012, 09:56:22 PM »
How can Italy Post store my poster from Jan 1st to 16th before sending it.......dummies  moron1

I think my parcel was returned cuz they couldn't read the address (it was in pencil)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #149 on: January 17, 2012, 10:00:27 PM »
How can Italy Post store my poster from Jan 1st to 16th before sending it.......dummies  moron1

I think my parcel was returned cuz they couldn't read the address (it was in pencil)

Maybe it was written in English? ;)
Chris