Author Topic: Sellers to Avoid  (Read 263691 times)

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
Re: Sellers to Avoid
« Reply #275 on: January 29, 2013, 06:34:35 AM »
Shocking and offensive is cool too  ;)
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #276 on: January 29, 2013, 04:24:13 PM »
Nasty.

Just another reasons to steer clear of the Mondos...

Huh?
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #277 on: January 29, 2013, 05:45:06 PM »
Huh?

I have an admitted prejudice against the Mondo prints and their ilk...

But (and this happens with collectables in other areas - heck even Blurays before they are released) the whole initial bonanza whenever a new "limited" print is released has lead to sellers selling something they do not even truly possess yet!  How inappropriate is that?  Pay me $500 for these bananas but I haven't even planted the tree yet.

It's a dangerous counting your chickens before hatching slope.   It's slimey and you'll never catch me sliding down it...
Chris

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #278 on: January 29, 2013, 09:50:02 PM »
I have an admitted prejudice against the Mondo prints and their ilk...

Congrats on completing Step One!

;)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 09:50:34 PM by wonka »
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #279 on: January 30, 2013, 12:16:34 AM »
Congrats on completing Step One!

;)

;D
Chris

Offline GemGem

• Hobbyist
    • GemGem movie posters
« Reply #280 on: March 22, 2013, 08:08:50 AM »
Urgghh... I'm shuddering at the thought of doing this but I want to buy a poster from Tloceposters. I know, I know but I've been looking for a nice chaplin poster and he has one on there for around £30. It's not a very desirable poster and the photo shows it has folds and everything!!!! I understand he does sell originals and I suppose for £30 it's worth a risk. Please reassure me that he does have some originals??? :-*
Roll, roll, roll, Rollergirl!!!

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #281 on: March 22, 2013, 11:41:59 AM »
Urgghh... I'm shuddering at the thought of doing this but I want to buy a poster from Tloceposters. I know, I know but I've been looking for a nice chaplin poster and he has one on there for around £30. It's not a very desirable poster and the photo shows it has folds and everything!!!! I understand he does sell originals and I suppose for £30 it's worth a risk. Please reassure me that he does have some originals??? :-*

Oh my, you had better search "tloce" for previous threads.  There is a library of controversy and out right piracy by that seller.  But, you are talking about a nominal amount and you like the image. And it is hardly a poster worth copying by the hundreds. But I personally don't like the idea of supporting a known crook.

Brian
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #282 on: March 22, 2013, 12:47:46 PM »

If you are referring to the Chaplin film that has Robert Downey jr in it I would wait. They pop up all the time. I would never buy from Tloce. Regardless of the price I would not buy from that damn crook and support what he does. Just wait and buy elsewhere. And if it is not that poster I said above I would just wait. Like I said I would not give that crook a dime to support his operation. Chaplin posters pop up all the time. Just have patience.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 12:52:00 PM by rdavey26 »

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #283 on: March 22, 2013, 08:02:28 PM »

Locust, the mere mention of that creepfreak puts me in a bad mood.  I feel that everyone must be made to suffer along with me:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pIgZ7gMze7A" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pIgZ7gMze7A</a>
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 08:04:33 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #284 on: March 22, 2013, 08:08:31 PM »
Thanks for the video thumbup

Offline GemGem

• Hobbyist
    • GemGem movie posters
« Reply #285 on: March 23, 2013, 04:36:24 AM »
Cheers guys... it's the Chaplin Revue poster I was looking at not the Downey Jr one. I'd rather wait and find one from a respectable seller (i just want a cool chaplin poster!) I don't want to fund the dark side!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 04:38:36 AM by GemGem »
Roll, roll, roll, Rollergirl!!!

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #286 on: March 23, 2013, 05:44:37 AM »
Cheers guys... it's the Chaplin Revue poster I was looking at not the Downey Jr one. I'd rather wait and find one from a respectable seller (i just want a cool chaplin poster!) I don't want to fund the dark side!

Great idea. There are a lot of neat Chaplin posters out there. Just be patient and one will come along. Here is another Chaplin Poster that is pretty cool.

This one is in my collection but these pop up for sale here and there.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 05:47:19 AM by rdavey26 »

Online paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #287 on: March 27, 2013, 03:16:21 PM »
How would you like an original 1sht, needs a bit of work but would display fine as is, for a couple of Hundred..?
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #288 on: March 27, 2013, 05:55:09 PM »
Are you directing that toward GEMGEM Paul?

Online paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #289 on: March 28, 2013, 12:50:37 PM »
Anyone who's after one, I'm not a chaplin fan as such. I'm a Laurel & Hardy kind of fellow. 

A chap I know is selling one, he's after £250 for it, I did have a picture of it, if anyone's
interested I'll see if I still have it, or ask him to re-send it...
It's more than a Hobby...

Charlie

« Reply #290 on: April 15, 2013, 11:05:16 PM »
Original Vintage Movie Posters in Houston TX...  His linenbacking is so so too - he uses really cheap canvas...

http://originalvintagemovieposters.com/

I've not wanted to say anything but then today on my facebook I see this.  How sleazy is that?  That poster has never auctioned over $210 and this guy is saying it is undervalued at $275.  That is straight out lying to dupe newbies... Pissed me off...  So here I post.

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #291 on: April 15, 2013, 11:32:42 PM »
Can't you comment on the FB post mentioning this reality?
Witty signature goes here.

Charlie

« Reply #292 on: April 15, 2013, 11:37:24 PM »
Can't you comment on the FB post mentioning this reality?

I did but then felt a little trollish so I deleted... Plus he's right across town. Not that he can do anything but just felt a bit aggressive...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 11:37:39 PM by Charlie »

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #293 on: April 16, 2013, 12:09:29 AM »
Understood. I'd probably feel the same way after commenting and do the same. Oh well. Hopefully interested buyers will do their homework first.
Witty signature goes here.

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #294 on: April 19, 2013, 01:11:30 PM »
Avoid this seller on ebay at all cost. gaspetc. He is a douchbag fraud and very rude. My item arrived crushed and contacted him and he tried saying I was commiting fraud. Funny though I sent him pics showing him the damage and he said that. He said he reported me to ebay so I opened a case against him. DO NOT BUY FROM gaspetc

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #295 on: April 19, 2013, 01:30:17 PM »
Avoid this seller on ebay at all cost. gaspetc. He is a douchbag fraud and very rude. My item arrived crushed and contacted him and he tried saying I was commiting fraud. Funny though I sent him pics showing him the damage and he said that. He said he reported me to ebay so I opened a case against him. DO NOT BUY FROM gaspetc

Randy .. It is always amazing how idiot sellers like this will accuse a buyer of damaging a poster that they REALLY wanted. Makes no sense, especially when you took pics and showed him the damaged package and poster.

There are some real 'winner sellers' out there, needless to say.  :P

-Jeff

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #296 on: April 19, 2013, 02:01:38 PM »
Yeah tell me about it lol. I am going to fight it till the end. He has a website pauraprod.com which has a lot of neat stuff. But after this experience with him I will never buy anything from him again.

Mirosae

« Reply #297 on: April 24, 2013, 04:40:30 PM »
Not sure if this would be of interest to any in the UK. I never bought posters from him....

Mark Mountford- Councillor guilty of film poster charges

A town councillor made £90,000 selling fake posters for blockbuster Hollywood films including Star Wars, Die Hard and The Dark Knight Rises, a court heard.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2013/04/23/councillor-guilty-of-film-poster-charges/

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #298 on: April 24, 2013, 04:48:36 PM »
Not sure if this would be of interest to any in the UK. I never bought posters from him....

Mark Mountford- Councillor guilty of film poster charges

A town councillor made £90,000 selling fake posters for blockbuster Hollywood films including Star Wars, Die Hard and The Dark Knight Rises, a court heard.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2013/04/23/councillor-guilty-of-film-poster-charges/

He says he sold on ebay. I wonder if the posters he produced and sold were listed under the "Originals" sub-section or the "Reproductions" sub-section? The article doesn't specify.  :-\

-Jeff

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #299 on: April 24, 2013, 08:31:31 PM »
There are all kinds of these jokers on eBay, I mean dozens , wonder who brought the case against him.