Author Topic: March 2017  (Read 38272 times)

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
Re: March 2017
« Reply #175 on: March 22, 2017, 09:55:09 PM »
Great solution! I use antique glass furniture sliders - they are reproductions so they were cheap. But I wish they were heavier. Maybe I'll glue washers inside!

Just go find a meat head and get some some extra plate weights.  Seems to work.......
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #176 on: March 23, 2017, 11:11:17 PM »

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #177 on: March 23, 2017, 11:12:49 PM »
Cool poster, Rich. What's the story with this one and all the sigs?

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
« Reply #178 on: March 23, 2017, 11:19:49 PM »
Cool poster, Rich. What's the story with this one and all the sigs?

it's autographed to Eric and the store so maybe he had everyone there. I haven't deciphered all the names, but Bill Stout signed & drew the skull at bottom left. I'll have to ask Bill if he did this poster. It doesn't look like it & there's no sig.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #179 on: March 25, 2017, 01:48:40 AM »
it's autographed to Eric and the store so maybe he had everyone there. I haven't deciphered all the names, but Bill Stout signed & drew the skull at bottom left. I'll have to ask Bill if he did this poster. It doesn't look like it & there's no sig.

Who's Eric? The owner of Hollywood Book & Poster?

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2017, 02:20:43 AM »
Who's Eric? The owner of Hollywood Book & Poster?

yeah.. I was reading the comments, it was obviously the night they all had dinner together and Bill said he was the production designer on the movie

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #181 on: March 25, 2017, 06:48:16 PM »
Cool, and a neat back story there.

-Jeff

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #182 on: March 25, 2017, 08:53:33 PM »

I've always been a fan of this poster's design, but haven't been in the market for it since it recent going price (rolled or folded) has been a bit more than I can afford to part with at the moment, but I found this one for an absolute steal, so I hopped on it. I've got some work to do flattening it, but couldn't be happier with it for the price.

Alien OS teaser

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2017, 09:59:53 PM »
Awesome Mr 9000. Pays off to be patient most of the time. Condition looks great and happy for ya!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2017, 10:10:50 PM »
Congrats on the pick up, Chris. Nice job! thumbup 

And flatten that rolled, vertical fold with even pressure. It should come out nicely.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 04:27:36 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2017, 10:15:15 PM »
color looks good .. nice pick-up

-------

Offline m154cath

• Hobbyist
« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2017, 03:55:51 AM »
That Alien teaser is great - been on my wants list for an age. Can't compete with that but I did receive the new Alien Covenant quad this weekend .Really looking forward to the film.

Here's a few others
Taxi Driver

Train to Busan - saw this a while back - pretty damn good

Blue Velvet - proved a real struggle to get but luckily my contact managed to blag one  notworthy.gif

Goodfellas - one of my favourite films. Selected cinemas were actually offered 2 versions for this re-release so this is quite rare.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #187 on: March 26, 2017, 05:44:50 AM »
Very nice, Chris. I've coveted that Alien poster for a long time, such a great poster for a perfect film.

Another good haul, Mike. I like the Blue Velvet a lot.

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2017, 06:39:30 AM »
I sold my Aliens teaser copy relatively cheap 18 months ago. Then again I did manage to snag it for £240 6 months previous to that.

Marc
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #189 on: March 26, 2017, 07:46:34 AM »

Appreciate it guys!

Mike...another killer haul of quads. The Alien, Blue Velvet, and Taxi Driver are especially nice. Congrats.

Offline mahmudf

• Hobbyist
« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2017, 10:58:29 AM »
I've always been a fan of this poster's design, but haven't been in the market for it since it recent going price (rolled or folded) has been a bit more than I can afford to part with at the moment, but I found this one for an absolute steal, so I hopped on it. I've got some work to do flattening it, but couldn't be happier with it for the price.

Alien OS teaser

i purchased one of those recently , love it, congrats

Offline mahmudf

• Hobbyist
« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2017, 11:00:03 AM »
That Alien teaser is great - been on my wants list for an age. Can't compete with that but I did receive the new Alien Covenant quad this weekend .Really looking forward to the film.

Here's a few others
Taxi Driver

Train to Busan - saw this a while back - pretty damn good

Blue Velvet - proved a real struggle to get but luckily my contact managed to blag one  notworthy.gif

Goodfellas - one of my favourite films. Selected cinemas were actually offered 2 versions for this re-release so this is quite rare.

really like the Taxi Driver and Goodfellas, I prefer it to the original release

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
« Reply #192 on: March 29, 2017, 03:44:32 AM »
Really happy to have picked up an Aussie La La Land and for a bargain price of $35 including postage to boot.
- Damo (An Aussie Movie Poster Lover)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #193 on: March 29, 2017, 12:44:58 PM »
Nice job and pickup, Damo.

And can you image what that person who spent over 600.00 for a copy, just a month+ ago would think if he/she saw this post? Ouch.  crying

Seems the "hotness" (must have) factor may have worn off LA LA LAND posters?

It will be interesting to see if future prices all settle to where they should be, too.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 04:19:20 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #194 on: March 29, 2017, 03:20:56 PM »
Really happy to have picked up an Aussie La La Land and for a bargain price of $35 including postage to boot.

Congrats on the win there, D.  Likey.jpg

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
« Reply #195 on: March 29, 2017, 04:14:44 PM »
Thanks Neo  thumbsup.gif

Jeff, $600 in my opinion is a crazy price for a new release, doubt anyone on here would pay that as we all collect far to many posters to be paying such prices. You would believe that two people who just wanted the poster for home display would have been the bidders on that copy - could be wrong though. I have seen a few other copies of the aussie sold and they were around the $150 - $200 mark. Which is far more reasonable given there are far fewer printed than the US Version. i just got lucky on mine as we all do from time to time when you buy as many posters as well all do.

Prices overall seem to have cooled i have been following as i want the lamp version of La but have set a $50  - $70 limit which given past history of modern poster prices "girlfriend experience, Drive" etc should be getable within the next year or two
- Damo (An Aussie Movie Poster Lover)

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #196 on: March 29, 2017, 04:29:11 PM »
As you hang around here longer, you will see a title every year or so that gets pumped way up in price soon after release. They usually drop like a rock a year later.
The trick is not to get sucked in when they are pumped up.  Especially true for "recalled" and "limited edition".  They are almost always worth less a few years later.

Now folks will argue, but look at recent prices for "why so serious" Batman, "twin tower" spiderman, and even "lucky strike" Pulp Fiction.  All of these are selling for significantly less these days than at their peak.
-Jay-

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #197 on: March 29, 2017, 04:59:06 PM »
As you hang around here longer, you will see a title every year or so that gets pumped way up in price soon after release. They usually drop like a rock a year later.
The trick is not to get sucked in when they are pumped up.  Especially true for "recalled" and "limited edition".  They are almost always worth less a few years later.

Now folks will argue, but look at recent prices for "why so serious" Batman, "twin tower" spiderman, and even "lucky strike" Pulp Fiction.  All of these are selling for significantly less these days than at their peak.

It's interesting to watch these kinds of fluctuations. Though I did just look on HA, and they sold a Dark Knight/Why So Serious poster this past January for $227.00, inc the bp. But it sure is a big difference from one they sold back in Feb of 2009 ( a SS copy, per their description), for $537.75

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
« Reply #198 on: March 29, 2017, 05:03:03 PM »

maybe at that one venue, but I'm sure that these three posters are holding the correct value

the PF you mention though.. This poster goes up, not down. I've sold 4 in the last 5 years (not auction) and each time I sold it for more than the last

-------

Offline Klownicle

• Hobbyist
« Reply #199 on: March 29, 2017, 05:16:59 PM »
Hey Brandon, looks like in the US, the same teaser art was used on the theatrical advance OS, too (with full credits). So perhaps the image of Krampus walking on the rooftop was only used in the UK? More  Spying.gif needed.

Here's the US Adv. OS:

It was only used in the UK, which made it a PITA to get here in the states, which is why I ended up with two of them.  Any of the UK listings were "iffy" on if it was a legit double sided version.  The second one I got (which actually also happens to be the better quality you received) was poorly labeled in the eBay auction.