Author Topic: Royal Mail  (Read 112449 times)

Bruce

Re: Royal Mail
« Reply #125 on: November 29, 2011, 09:26:49 AM »
I just saw this thread and I DON'T think that could be one of our tubes that was crushed like that!

Great packaging foils even the Royal Mail people. Here is an e-mail we just received from one of our many UK buyers:

"I have, just today received my order of 3 lobby cards from the film "The Italian Job" the original one and I would just like to thanks for the easy way it was to buy them, the information on them and where they were as it is always a concern when buying things from another country.
   Also thanks for the cards themselves as I went to see this film with my late farther as a child and now I have bought these for my son as a christmas present as he is studying film at University! Thanks again and best regards.
     P.S. The best packaging ever!!!"

Bruce

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #126 on: November 29, 2011, 10:48:26 AM »
Nobody would ever dispute your packaging Bruce - it is second to none; far superior than almost all others, if not all!

But I have seen with my own eyes the damage that can be done to poster tubes, and in some instances just like with Paul, I think some local postal delivery staff are disgusting; they try to destroy peoples deliveries on purpose because they are bored and have nothing better to do - oh, wait, they do - delivering the items! But that is the last thing on their minds.

I remember saying ages ago that I once saw a plastic tube (plastic piping); much stronger than any tube; and it had been cracked, and the ends were smashed. I was told the only way that could have happened is if someone repeatedly stamped on it, which means even your genuinely brilliant & superb packaging is unfortunately not immune.

None of us are  :(

Best,
Ad
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2011, 11:48:08 AM »
That tube was not one of yours Bruce, but believe me it's as thick if not thicker than the ones you do use. It was a Very Very strong tube, I could stand on it, even jump on it, with no damage at all. It looks like it had been through some kind of Hydraulic Press....
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2011, 11:57:26 AM »
It looks like it had been through some kind of Hydraulic Press....

Think you ought to put your local postal staff through one!

Ad
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #129 on: December 17, 2011, 03:28:09 AM »
Think you ought to put your local postal staff through one!

Ad

laugh1        Just noticed this post...

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #130 on: December 18, 2011, 09:30:28 AM »
Bruce I agree with Paul and bondposters, and can vouch for it. Hell, send an empty tube to him one day, and see.
They can and will get through that tube if they wanted to.
I had one poster from Royal Mail, (again, you can say maybe it was Canada Post), but that was the only one I seen like that, and that came from UK when I ordered it.

The Tube was EXTREMELY sturdy.It was almost 1/8", probably more thick. And somehow they got through it. Even by jumping on it,  it would not budge. You needed to run over it or something to get like that. Constant dents, like one had stated, the ends were both smashed as well.

This was it from a long while ago, I always keep it on file to show how F***ed it was, and that neither post office dealt with it or gave me an explanation.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 09:34:19 AM by bigmike »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #131 on: December 18, 2011, 12:34:29 PM »
Mike, must have been a sasquatch attack!
Chris

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #132 on: December 18, 2011, 12:48:56 PM »
Mike, must have been a sasquatch attack!

Sure.  Blame it on the big one. You hairless apes are all the same....

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #133 on: December 18, 2011, 12:55:02 PM »
Ted,I`m geeky enough to have studied that website too...great piece of image stabilising....

Stew

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #134 on: December 18, 2011, 01:03:21 PM »
Check out his/her/it's knockers....seems awfully difficult and unnecessary to fake, eh?

Bigfoot lives!  hitself

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #135 on: December 18, 2011, 01:03:41 PM »
It's a close call, but the Royal mail go for the middle of a package, so my guess is the Canadians.... ;)

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #136 on: December 18, 2011, 01:08:38 PM »
Check out his/her/it's knockers....seems awfully difficult and unnecessary to fake, eh?

Bigfoot lives!  hitself

Patty rocks!!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #137 on: December 18, 2011, 04:12:52 PM »
It's a close call, but the Royal mail go for the middle of a package, so my guess is the Canadians.... ;)

Yeah those Queen's postal workers want to be CERTAIN they damage the contents ;)
Chris

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #138 on: December 21, 2011, 09:58:45 AM »
Hey, Paul.
Just to show you that you're not alone with your damaged goods, here's a video of a FedEx driver "delivering" a computer monitor -- in time for Christmas.
You think maybe he could be a former Royal Mail employee? {I'll bet he's already 'formerly with FedEx!')

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #139 on: December 21, 2011, 10:10:22 AM »
Just for you Paul... ;D

Stew

Offline oldposterho

• Collector
    • Peter's Movie Posters
« Reply #140 on: December 21, 2011, 10:20:20 AM »
Completely OT, but I went to school with the son of one of the guys who faked that samsquantch footage.  If you knew that tribe, the boobs would make perfect sense...

--Peter
For sale and trade posters: *Here*

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #141 on: December 21, 2011, 10:31:29 AM »
Completely OT, but I went to school with the son of one of the guys who faked that samsquantch footage.  If you knew that tribe, the boobs would make perfect sense...

--Peter

I'd like to hear more about it.
Whatever you can relate, maybe you could post it in the Thread of Complete Randomness?

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #142 on: December 21, 2011, 10:49:55 AM »
I'd like to hear more about it.
Whatever you can relate, maybe you could post it in the Thread of Complete Randomness?

Yes, I agree.
Please tell us more - very interesting.

Ad
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #143 on: December 21, 2011, 11:29:58 AM »

--Peter
Pray tell..

Stew

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #144 on: December 21, 2011, 11:33:59 AM »
Hey, Paul.
Just to show you that you're not alone with your damaged goods, here's a video of a FedEx driver "delivering" a computer monitor -- in time for Christmas.
You think maybe he could be a former Royal Mail employee? {I'll bet he's already 'formerly with FedEx!')

He's far too lazy to work for the Royal Mail..... They work much harder to damage your goods... ;)

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #145 on: December 21, 2011, 11:36:09 AM »
Just for you Paul... ;D

Stew

Is the next box along "STAMPED ON, MAIL".... ;D

And yes lets hear more re: Bigfoot...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 11:36:49 AM by paul waines »

Offline oldposterho

• Collector
    • Peter's Movie Posters
« Reply #146 on: December 21, 2011, 02:19:22 PM »
Not too much to add on the Bigfoot film, but whenever I think of the crew that put it together, "Dueling Banjos" is the tune that's playing in my head.  I always thought it much better not to think about just what sort of things happened in that suit, after they shot the film...

I has a sad whenever I see any credibility given to that particular bit of cinema.  There's a lesson there for them's what's good at figgerin' that sort of thing, I 'spect.
For sale and trade posters: *Here*

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #147 on: December 21, 2011, 04:59:19 PM »
I found this.  An interesting read...

http://www.ourbigfoot.com/patterson_bigfoot.html

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2012, 12:40:28 PM »
Well bigfoot aside, I haven't been keeping up with my damaged Mail. I think I've missed 3 out, so to make up for it....

This one arrived today...

It was Royal Mail Special Delivery, so should have been taken care of, and It looks like they took right care of it....

Luckily, no damage to the poster.

You wouldn't Believe I took a load of photos to the local sorting office and complained about the amount of damaged items I get. And they now have a check done on all my mail... and these still get through...   

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2012, 01:59:11 PM »
Very lucky Paul.  I thought it was a window card and looked destroyed!
Chris