Author Topic: Why are movie posters so hard to find before the invention of movies?  (Read 5026 times)

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
I see a ton of movie posters from after movies were invented, but never before or older. By movie posters I'm referring to posters that advertise movies.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
They are hard to find but they do exist.  I have a few I'll post them later.  Picked them up at a garage sale, super cheap.  They are printed on maple leaves but one is backed with birch bark.  I beleve it was deacified with moose bile too because its in such great condition.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
there are tons of movie posters from before movies were created. there were movie posters for the 10,000 movies from when there were no movies that were created before there were movies

I have a whole warehouse of movie posters from befo.......... hey wait a second

nice fake thread..

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Charlie

• Collector

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Thanks Vick, that does make sense  thumbsup.gif

Before movies, going back even further, I guess stories were watched thru dance and they were advertised thru cave paintings. People would see the cave painting and meet up in the clearings near the campfires. These on wall advertising's are particularly hard to collect however, but I suspect there could exist some reproductions

• Post-aholic
Thanks Vick, that does make sense  thumbsup.gif

Before movies, going back even further, I guess stories were watched thru dance and they were advertised thru cave paintings. People would see the cave painting and meet up in the clearings near the campfires. These on wall advertising's are particularly hard to collect however, but I suspect there could exist some reproductions

the caves at Lescaux have the very first Steve. They're illustrating the story that was later used as the basis for How the West Was Won

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Mirosae

the caves at Lescaux have the very first Steve. They're illustrating the story that was later used as the basis for How the West Was Won

The caves at Altamira have the best art, and hugely influential - they were later used for the basis of Disney's "The Lion King"**

**Ps.im making this up
Ps. Dont tell anyone

Online kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
Because you lack a Delorian with a flux capacitor, a crazy white haired scientist, and a clock tower to go back before the invention of movies to check to see what is and is not available.  For very similar reasons, I am having trouble locating a Sep 1955 copy of Oh La La Magazine and 2000-2050 Gray's Sports Almanac.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
Because you lack a Delorian with a flux capacitor, a crazy white haired scientist, and a clock tower to go back before the invention of movies to check to see what is and is not available.  For very similar reasons, I am having trouble locating a Sep 1955 copy of Oh La La Magazine and 2000-2050 Gray's Sports Almanac.

Now that sounds like a great plot for a movie. Only thing missing would be the Old West. See if you can work that in.
Witty signature goes here.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
I hear Mike has developed a sniping tool that actually allows you to go back in time and buy a poster before the owner even considers auctioning it.  Pretty fecking impressive if you ask me.  My only concern wou... hey wait a sec, where's my Nurse 3-D gone to? 

• Post-aholic
I hear Mike has developed a sniping tool that actually allows you to go back in time and buy a poster before the owner even considers auctioning it.  Pretty fecking impressive if you ask me.  My only concern wou... hey wait a sec, where's my Nurse 3-D gone to?

laugh1

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
laugh1

Yes, indeed. 

verydrunk.gif  + potroll.gif  =    woohoo

;)

« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 01:13:39 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net

No but I am working on it! Working on the white hair too actually and according to the wife I am already a mad scientist...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 02:45:15 PM by Undead »
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

• Post-aholic
new research has determined that hieroglyphs on the outside of the temple at Luxor are really advertisements for experimentally projected images.
They had images drawn on papyrus sheets that were then mounted on a huge wheel. A slave rode inside the wheel, turning it with his feet and focusing a candle through each sheet as it passed in front, creating the story of Karnak's victory over the Greeks projected on the sides of the great pyramid miles away.

-------

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
This projection system sounds awesome as it sure projected quite a distance, must be some 500km by my calculation. It is sad how civilisation has progressed and now we have crap that only goes about 20 seating rows

• Post-aholic
This projection system sounds awesome as it sure projected quite a distance, must be some 500km by my calculation. It is sad how civilisation has progressed and now we have crap that only goes about 20 seating rows

they also had live voice actors playing the roles. Huge bullhorns..

-------