Author Topic: It! Terror From Beyond Space - Quad & 20 Million Miles to Earth - Aussie 1 Sheet  (Read 6351 times)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Since I specifically asked for this section I might as well post with two of my lingering questions...

My NSFGE friends who have already read my impassioned plea can ignore this - I am hoping the influx of different collectors and experience can help!

Looking for any sales results or any knowledge of potential value for these two posters:

1) It! Terror From Beyond Space - 1958 - UK Quad

2) 20 Million Miles to Earth - 1957 - Australian One Sheet

Any help is very much appreciated!
Chris

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
More nice stuff here.  I'd think that the NS4 folks would be able to get a handle on this?!  In any event, we'll see if anyone can help.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
Oh I forgot about the 20 Million Miles...I'll look around now...
Ves

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
Nope can't find it...it was definately listed in the hundreds though...not sure if it sold but.  I think it was the high 1xx.

Sorry can't be more help.
You'd be safe to base it some what off the recent US one sheet sales...bit less me thinks cause it's a bit cruder.
Ves

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Thanks for the advice Ves.

That was my plan - trying to find a balance between the rarity of Aussie one sheets with somewhat 'cruder' art and the desirability of much more common US one sheets...

In the end, the safest bet is probably to use as trade bait.
Chris

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
No idea what they are worth.......pretty cool though!
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

needforspeed

Found a price on 20 Million Miles To Earth Aussie One-Sheet in a 2002 Poster Price Almanac $150 U.S sold by moviola in melborne(which closed a few years back, nice poster's in his shop but fairly pricey)..Hope that is some help.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Thanks for that info Craig!  Every little bit helps.
Chris

cinemarts

Steve probably wouldn't even let you look at it for $150 in 2010 if Moviola was still open.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Steve probably wouldn't even let you look at it for $150 in 2010 if Moviola was still open.

:D
Chris

Offline paul waines

• Curator
Are you thinking of selling these, as I would be interested in the "IT" poster?
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Since I specifically asked for this section I might as well post with two of my lingering questions...

My NSFGE friends who have already read my impassioned plea can ignore this - I am hoping the influx of different collectors and experience can help!

Looking for any sales results or any knowledge of potential value for these two posters:

1) It! Terror From Beyond Space - 1958 - UK Quad

Any help is very much appreciated!

Hi Paul,

Seeing that this initial post is from December of 2009, you may have gotten this info already, but i found past sale from bruce's site for the quad. It sold for 172.00 USD, on May 7, 2009.

Jeff

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Hey Jeff,

I did notice that sales result BUT it seems pretty clear the borders have all been trimmed off.

Thanks for the post anyways!
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Hey Jeff,

I did notice that sales result BUT it seems pretty clear the borders have all been trimmed off.

Thanks for the post anyways!

Hey Chris.. yeah, I noticed that defect, too... but it was all i was able to find so far. I thought better than nothing, as maybe a possible gauge, to give a ballpark idea?

Jeff

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Paul-- I just found an Australian OS for 20 MILLION MILES TO EARTH, available for $367.00 USD

Jeff

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Jeff - where did you find that one? 

Appreciate your help.
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Pm'ed you Chris.

Jeff

-Jeff