Author Topic: March 2016  (Read 43823 times)

Mirosae

Re: March 2016
« Reply #200 on: March 27, 2016, 05:57:32 AM »
Congratulations  T I  knew it was you bidding on Laura. it jumped very quickly  from $700 to whatever it was in the end. A bit of  bidding  war there....anyway..

Glad she is finally  at home

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #201 on: March 27, 2016, 08:55:16 AM »
Okay, done for today.  My slim pickings of the day:

That green, NOTLD looks like it's in great shape. The Alphaville and Barbarella are stunners too! Congratulations on the haul.

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
« Reply #202 on: March 27, 2016, 09:00:26 AM »
Love the Laura 1/2 sheet. I have a copy of this but it's not in great condition. Had a nibble at this but nothing doing.

I'm still waiting on any release UK quad that turns up from that picture. (I might be waiting a longgggggggg time)
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/

Online Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #203 on: March 27, 2016, 10:05:15 AM »
Well done dude!  You've got a heck of a collection shaping up  thumbsup.gif
  Thanks Crazy Vick, tons of fun;  next step is to clear out a proper space to store them all  ;D

Online Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #204 on: March 27, 2016, 10:11:17 AM »
Nice adds there, Devin!.  They look in great shape, too.
Thanks Jeff, I'm really happy with them.  For the most part the image sides are in really good shape (just the All You Need is Kill has significant damage) but on a lot of them the back sides show the effects of the "wavy tri-fold".  I was really surprised by the different types of paper as well... some are glossy, some are matte, some are on a very thin (almost see through) paper weight.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #205 on: March 27, 2016, 12:28:21 PM »
Thanks Jeff, I'm really happy with them.  For the most part the image sides are in really good shape (just the All You Need is Kill has significant damage) but on a lot of them the back sides show the effects of the "wavy tri-fold".  I was really surprised by the different types of paper as well... some are glossy, some are matte, some are on a very thin (almost see through) paper weight.

This has always been a really interesting part of the hobby for me, too, Devin. To see and feel the different kinds of paper that countries use to make their movie posters with.

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #206 on: March 27, 2016, 12:38:43 PM »
Congratulations  T I  knew it was you bidding on Laura. it jumped very quickly  from $700 to whatever it was in the end. A bit of  bidding  war there....anyway..

Glad she is finally  at home

I so wanted the 1sht.  It usually sells for up to $7k, but for some reasons the one yesterday ended at $12k.  I had to throw in the towel and jumped on the next best thing, which I kind of overpaid for, but that's the nature of the beast.  All of this from my phone, in my car, driving on the freeway.  Glad I didn't get too emotional.

And she's not going to be at home for quite a while.  HA usually holds my packages for a long time so I can save on shipping.  Maybe I'll get all this by the end of summer.

T
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 12:46:37 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #207 on: March 27, 2016, 12:44:14 PM »
  Thanks Crazy Vick, tons of fun;  next step is to clear out a proper space to store them all  ;D

Japanese posters are cool and very easy to store.  Especially B2s.  Just stack them up on top of each other and watch the pile grow.  Once you get the bug, you can't stop, I'm a living example of that.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #208 on: March 27, 2016, 02:55:35 PM »

WHO ELSE?  SHOW US YOUR GOODIES.

T

So I get shit for not posting my new acquisitions more often, and when I eventually post something, none of you guys do.  C'mon, show us your winnings from yesterday and today.  Nobody will make fun of you, I promise.

T
My Personal Collection

Mirosae

« Reply #209 on: March 27, 2016, 04:11:26 PM »
So I get shit for not posting my new acquisitions more often, and when I eventually post something, none of you guys do.  C'mon, show us your winnings from yesterday and today.  Nobody will make fun of you, I promise.

T

The thing is..I lost yesterday. I am not sure if I  should cry or actually be thankful. I might even sound pathetic but I  woke up feeling totally paper drained. Exhausted.

I really went to the mattress to get this poster. I have been saving for years, and bidded what for my pocket was a huge amount. And for a nano second I was The winning bidder and then..before I knew it the poster was...Gone with the Wind....

Has this ever happened  to anyone? Sort of handover post bidding....I  am not sure if  I am sad I lost it...or...glad all that money is still in my bank  account....

# drained

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #210 on: March 27, 2016, 04:24:49 PM »
So you bid on the GwtW poster that ended at 19k?  Seems a little high.  $15k is what I would have valued it at if I had been on the buyer side.  But then again I valued Laura at $7k (what I was willing to bid) and it sold for $12k.  It seems the classics sell well.

T
My Personal Collection

Mirosae

« Reply #211 on: March 27, 2016, 04:31:19 PM »
Yes..I stopped  nearly at the end of the bidding ...the cut bid option was helping  for a second....anyway... it really took me a while to accept it.... but it is gone ...need to give my mind a rest...

Laura went for more than i expected. The insert didn't sell a couple of years ago....

Boy  this hurts....

« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 05:52:06 PM by Mirosae »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #212 on: March 27, 2016, 04:42:15 PM »
Okay, done for today.  My slim pickings of the day:

For my Monroe collection

For my Classic Modern Horror collection

For my Godard collection

Because it is my favorite movie of all time

For my Fonda or Vadim collections

WHO ELSE?  SHOW US YOUR GOODIES.

T

I was just a watcher in the wings, this weekend, but congrats, T, on your wins here. Sweet pickups, they are.

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #213 on: March 27, 2016, 04:53:23 PM »
Yes..I stopped  at 16k.......the cut bid option was helping  for a second....anyway... it really took me a while to accept it.... but it is gone ...need to give my mind a rest...

Laura went for more than i expected. The insert didn't sell a couple of years ago....

Boy  this hurts....

I only get upset if I miss out on something I should have bought, but if something goes for something that I deem too high, then I feel sorry for the buyer and happy that I didn't get caught in a bidding war.  He can have his $17k GwtW.  You will get it for $14k some other time.  Have faith.  It will show up again.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #214 on: March 27, 2016, 05:32:56 PM »
ROSA and T...BOTH  of you will find better, cheaper copies of GWTW and the LAURA  one sheets eventually. The HA auction prices were just insane....way above etimated prices in many cases. I think these quarterly auctions draw a bigger audience and prices than the regular auctions. These same posters at other times of the year don't go nearly as high. That being said, of course, I spent too much on the 2 posters I got. One was a bucket list poster....the other wasn't even on my radar...I just tuned in at the wrong time and got caught up. Ooops! But you WILL get your posters eventually.
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #215 on: March 27, 2016, 05:39:42 PM »
ROSA and T...BOTH  of you will find better, cheaper copies of GWTW and the LAURA  one sheets eventually. The HA auction prices were just insane....way above etimated prices in many cases. I think these quarterly auctions draw a bigger audience and prices than the regular auctions. These same posters at other times of the year don't go nearly as high. That being said, of course, I spent too much on the 2 posters I got. One was a bucket list poster....the other wasn't even on my radar...I just tuned in at the wrong time and got caught up. Ooops! But you WILL get your posters eventually.

Congrats, Shawn!! Nice job. Good to see that YOU got what you were going for and stuck to your guns!!  thumbsup.gif

What new, cool pieces did you get??

Cant wait to see them.

-Jeff

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #216 on: March 27, 2016, 05:46:06 PM »
Oh no...what I really wanted totally alluded me for the most part. I did get the one poster though. Hooray. Neither I did get were all that exciting, so I'll share them later. I'm at work now any way (shh!). By the way, happy Easter everyone.
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #217 on: March 27, 2016, 06:21:26 PM »
These same posters at other times of the year don't go nearly as high.

Unfortunately, there is no other times of the year.  It's HA signature or bust.  There is a reason Emovie has only sold 4 Lauras ever and no GwtW.  They only show up at major major auctions.  Cheaper, for sure.  But Rosa will have to be patient, and so will I.

T
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 08:07:43 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #218 on: March 27, 2016, 07:36:52 PM »
Oh no...what I really wanted totally alluded me for the most part. I did get the one poster though. Hooray. Neither I did get were all that exciting, so I'll share them later. I'm at work now any way (shh!). By the way, happy Easter everyone.

Shawn, the point is you got them & now they are yours. That's all that matters. I'm sure they will fit in with your collection nicely.

Congrats on the 2 wins again.

-Jeff

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #219 on: March 27, 2016, 07:58:23 PM »
I only get upset if I miss out on something I should have bought, but if something goes for something that I deem too high, then I feel sorry for the buyer and happy that I didn't get caught in a bidding war.  He can have his $17k GwtW.  You will get it for $14k some other time.  Have faith.  It will show up again.

T

fuckballs!  14K !  Dear God!  Rosa! 
 faint2.gif

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #220 on: March 27, 2016, 08:16:00 PM »
I was just a watcher in the wings, this weekend, but congrats, T, on your wins here. Sweet pickups, they are.

And still under budget...  thumbsup.gif

Well, not really if you count La Dolce Vita, but close enough :)

T
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #221 on: March 27, 2016, 08:28:11 PM »
Vita was more like some added icing on the cake.  :D

-Jeff

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #222 on: March 27, 2016, 09:16:11 PM »
T I gotta grab one of those Living Dead sometime, Such a classic for that genre. Congrats

It's almost like customs is just holding my packages, finally received this one.
......what do I owe you now the US version???? Spanish, German????.......

This Space For Rent!

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #223 on: March 28, 2016, 12:59:40 AM »
Yes..I stopped  nearly at the end of the bidding ...the cut bid option was helping  for a second....anyway... it really took me a while to accept it.... but it is gone ...need to give my mind a rest...

Boy  this hurts....

Sorry for your loss, Rosa.  That GWTW is a beaut, and I'm sure that someone will let you know if they see another in the future.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #224 on: March 28, 2016, 01:14:08 AM »
I have some ocean front property for sale in NM.

Anyone interested?

(This actually may belong in the random thread....)  Doh.gif

« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 12:21:13 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff