Author Topic: February 2016  (Read 46705 times)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: February 2016
« Reply #150 on: February 19, 2016, 03:16:29 AM »
Rich, those are incredible!

Gotta love Karloff, any day of the week, and that Seven Footprints of Satan is a really interesting image, too.  clap clap

thanks Jeff
I think the West of Shanghai is great. I'll take Karloff over Lugosi every day of the week
7 Footprints, always loved this title and the paper is super-rare. the border art gives me a kick
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 03:17:06 AM by MoviePosterBid.com »

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #151 on: February 19, 2016, 03:48:33 AM »
Thanks for the comments on the BTTF.

......Re the quad, what's the white border on top?

I'm guessing it's either a space for a snipe advertising the cinema and/or screenings or an uncut London Underground poster. Hope Paul can respond.

Mark

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #152 on: February 19, 2016, 04:09:20 AM »
Well, retrospectively, maybe I should have shut my big mouth, since I have been told it is taboo to criticize one's purchase.  So sorry about that.  Different strokes for different people.  I'm sure 90% of my collection is crap to you, Mark, as it should be.  It's mine and I don't expect anyone else to like it......
T

You didn't criticise my purchase Thierry, you gave your thoughts on a poster sold at Ewbanks without knowing who bought it. I know there is an etiquette on here to say only positive things about people's purchases but it is good to hear contrary thoughts as well. The only thing that annoys me is if someone is constantly negative or critical in their postings and there is no one like that on this forum. No, your collection is (more than) great but navigating your website has room for improvement!

Mark

Mirosae

« Reply #153 on: February 19, 2016, 08:56:15 AM »
I know there is an etiquette on here to say only positive things about people's purchases but it is good to hear contrary thoughts as well.

Gentlemen, if any of you have any views on my Bogies do please feel free to say so.

#justKidding

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #154 on: February 19, 2016, 11:29:38 AM »
Thanks for the comments on the BTTF.

I'm guessing it's either a space for a snipe advertising the cinema and/or screenings or an uncut London Underground poster. Hope Paul can respond.

Mark

First of all, great pick-ups Mark, I keep toying with getting that Nosferatu myself..   And if I'd of had some spare funds, I'd have had a go at the BTTF also..

The White boarder at the top of the The Wall Quad was for "over-printing" the location and dates as you say, but they wouldn't add a snipe, just printed directly on the the White area, which was done "locally" to the Cinema showing the film.

And not forgetting Rich... ;)  Excellent stuff Rich, would love any of those. If you get board of them, you know where I am... :) 
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #155 on: February 19, 2016, 03:04:19 PM »
You didn't criticise my purchase Thierry, you gave your thoughts on a poster sold at Ewbanks without knowing who bought it. I know there is an etiquette on here to say only positive things about people's purchases but it is good to hear contrary thoughts as well. The only thing that annoys me is if someone is constantly negative or critical in their postings and there is no one like that on this forum. No, your collection is (more than) great but navigating your website has room for improvement!

Mark

+1.  

The freedom of speech is a good approach, but it's not without its faults.  One of the main downsides is having to deal with the few, ultra-negative dingleberries, who think their opinions are "holier than thou", and launch all kinds of attacks, while in their (perceived) security, on the internet.  I also welcome critical commentary, and fortunately, most people here are mature and intelligent enough to handle the free speech here.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 03:05:08 PM by Neo »

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #156 on: February 19, 2016, 03:04:32 PM »
Gentlemen, if any of you have any views on my Bogies do please feel free to say so.

#justKidding

laugh1  rofl1

Online kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #157 on: February 19, 2016, 03:06:05 PM »
Whenever someone tells me my stuff sucks, I usually just put it straight in the shredder because I'm sensitive like that
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 03:10:16 PM by kovacs01 »
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #158 on: February 19, 2016, 03:09:47 PM »

The White boarder

This reminded me of this  :P

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #159 on: February 19, 2016, 03:11:15 PM »

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
« Reply #160 on: February 19, 2016, 03:13:46 PM »
Whenever someone tells me my stuff sucks, I usually just put it straight in the shredder because I'm sensitive like that

laugh1

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #161 on: February 19, 2016, 03:22:40 PM »
+1.  

The freedom of speech is a good approach, but it's not without its faults.  One of the main downsides is having to deal with the few, ultra-negative dingleberries, who think their opinions are "holier than thou", and launch all kinds of attacks, while in their (perceived) security, on the internet.  I also welcome critical commentary, and fortunately, most people here are mature and intelligent enough to handle the free speech here.

Hey, who you calling an ultra negative dingleberry? I find such comments crappy, in fact, this is the kind of crap which breeds more dingleberries . And don't butt in, that just makes it worse.

:P

« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 03:23:40 PM by 50s »

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #162 on: February 19, 2016, 03:30:04 PM »

Hey, who you calling an ultra negative dingleberry? I find such comments crappy, in fact, this is the kind of crap which breeds more dingleberries . And don't butt in, that just makes it worse.

I could make a list of the people, but that would be a waste of time, as everyone knows who they are.  A lot in life is crappy, but sometimes it's best for people to take a stand against BS.  I was simply chiming in, which I don't see as a problem.

For the record, I think Thierry's comment that ML was referring to is "OK."

« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 03:42:33 PM by Neo »

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #163 on: February 19, 2016, 03:34:34 PM »
I guess if I dont know who the dingleberries are than I must be one of them. Ha!

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #164 on: February 19, 2016, 03:41:38 PM »
I guess if I dont know who the dingleberries are than I must be one of them. Ha!

That's not the most sound reasoning.  

Just to clarify, I should have said less than a handful of people who acted ultra-negatively, and launched personal attacks (on numerous occasions).  It's not that big of a deal, and it's not to say they're "bad people" or whatever.  I just disagree with their ways in the past, as I'm sure they already know.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 05:03:25 PM by Neo »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #165 on: February 19, 2016, 04:55:33 PM »

Funny, but not far fetched.  If we were going to criticize posters we don't like, albeit in a nice and respectful way, I suspect many people would stop posting their gear by fear of being turned down.  

I always thought that the purpose of a forum was to say what you thought, good or bad, about whatever said forum was about.  Basically an exchange of thoughts and information.  But I learned that a lot of collectors feel that criticizing their purchase is like criticizing their weight or physical appearance.  It becomes a personal thing to many and many get offended.  So poster collecting has turned into a love fest, everything is amazing, everything is wow and bravo.  It's actually interesting how prints can be criticized, because they're not posters, but posters cannot be touched.

Some people just like everything, I just say what I like and keep my mouth shut if I don't care for it.

T
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 04:56:09 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

• Post-aholic
« Reply #166 on: February 19, 2016, 05:39:05 PM »
I agree with T

and while I'm at it, 98% of his collection sucks... but at least he'll agree

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #167 on: February 19, 2016, 05:59:09 PM »
I agree with T

and while I'm at it, 98% of his collection sucks... but at least he'll agree

Hey, that leaves 232 posters that suck less.  Not bad methinks.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #168 on: February 19, 2016, 06:40:49 PM »

T

In a year or two 98% or those will suck as well

Online kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #169 on: February 19, 2016, 06:47:16 PM »

T

It would take him about 3 gallons of shredder oil alone just to dispose of all of the Bieber/Sex in the City material............
Schan
My Poster Gallery

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #170 on: February 19, 2016, 06:52:06 PM »
To be fair I hate everyone else's posters EQUALLY

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #171 on: February 19, 2016, 07:15:31 PM »
It would take him about 3 gallons of shredder oil alone just to dispose of all of the Bieber/Sex in the City material............

Jealousy runs deep in these parts. 

No Schan, I will not let you have my Biebers.  You can look at them, but you can't touch them.  They're mine.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #172 on: February 19, 2016, 09:25:54 PM »
Funny, but not far fetched.  If we were going to criticize posters we don't like, albeit in a nice and respectful way, I suspect many people would stop posting their gear by fear of being turned down.  

I always thought that the purpose of a forum was to say what you thought, good or bad, about whatever said forum was about.  Basically an exchange of thoughts and information.  But I learned that a lot of collectors feel that criticizing their purchase is like criticizing their weight or physical appearance.  It becomes a personal thing to many and many get offended.  So poster collecting has turned into a love fest, everything is amazing, everything is wow and bravo.  It's actually interesting how prints can be criticized, because they're not posters, but posters cannot be touched.

Some people just like everything, I just say what I like and keep my mouth shut if I don't care for it.

T

That's the most polite thing to do, although it can be a little boring.  Going to the other extreme is a little tiresome, though, such as the 3 folks I mentioned above who regularly acted like DBs IMO, two of whom aren't here anymore, and one who went on a few personal insult rampages against me, and primarily used this place as their vomit blog,.  Of course, everyone can be a DB sometimes.  :P

Getting back on track...Justin Bieber Foreverrrrrrr.......
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 09:27:36 PM by Neo »

Online kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #173 on: February 19, 2016, 09:36:35 PM »
acted like DBs IMO

Well, we definitely do not want anyone acting like a daybill or any other Aussie paper.  I prefer to act like a bus shelter or a door panel.
Schan
My Poster Gallery

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #174 on: February 19, 2016, 09:43:43 PM »
Schan is on a roll.
My Personal Collection