Author Topic: December 2015  (Read 42168 times)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: December 2015
« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2015, 05:55:42 PM »
Brandon Congrats on Ferris, great film!

Ari I really like The Day it Came to Earth...something about it.

Jason As I mentioned earlier congrats on that Polish!!

Matt and T are  like  crying (seriously that sucks),
and I am am over here like  woohoo because I won these 2!  ;D

I'm really liking these new acquisitions, Chris.
Very classy.
 cheers

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #151 on: December 18, 2015, 01:24:18 AM »
I'm really liking these new acquisitions, Chris.
Very classy.
 cheers

Thanks Ted! I am very happy with my winnings from emp majors...big spender 76 bucks!
cheers
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 01:24:49 AM by Gingerman »
This Space For Rent!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2015, 12:17:46 PM »
To me, 90% of collecting is about the chase, and when I say 90%, I actually mean 100% since I put the posters away, never to be seen again, as soon as I receive them.

This one had been on my list for years.  I wanted a mint folded copy.  It is one of my favorite Bardot posters.  And by Grinsson too, who I also collect.  My last "big" purchase of the year.  The rest will probably be cheap modern stuff.

The Night Heaven Fell (1958) (Art by Boris Grinsson)

I also watched this Biography doc on Bardot a few days ago.  I had never seen it before.  My God she was gorgeous.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZxIrZCkyekE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZxIrZCkyekE</a>

T
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 12:20:45 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2015, 04:51:03 PM »
Thanks Ted! I am very happy with my winnings from emp majors...big spender 76 bucks!
cheers

The cool thing about it is what someone views as the "best" is not always the most expensive.  Both of your wins from the EMP major are great.   cool1

To me, 90% of collecting is about the chase, and when I say 90%, I actually mean 100% since I put the posters away, never to be seen again, as soon as I receive them.

This one had been on my list for years.  I wanted a mint folded copy.  It is one of my favorite Bardot posters.  And by Grinsson too, who I also collect.  My last "big" purchase of the year.  The rest will probably be cheap modern stuff.

The Night Heaven Fell (1958) (Art by Boris Grinsson)

That is an interesting perspective about "the chase."

Another great win there, T.  Congrats on the successful hunt. 

Nice documentary.

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2015, 05:04:29 PM »
I'm pretty darn stoked about these 2 wins.  They are extremely rare, and from one of the best ad campaigns for a newer movie.  

I acquired them from AgentOrange, aka he_wants_revenge_18 on eBay, who has some great posters for newer films.  He is very knowledgeable, and is a good guy to deal with.
http://www.ebay.com/usr/he_wants_revenge_18?_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2754

As I was looking at the eMovie auction history database, I saw the sunset quad and thought it is really rad.  At about the same time, AgentOrange and I were chatting about stuff from the A24films store and Spring Breakers, and he mentioned that he had an extra sunset quad for sale, and we made a deal on it, so that was cool.  8)  Anyway, here they are:

« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 07:06:23 PM by Neo »

Mirosae

« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2015, 05:11:40 PM »
Happy for you Brandon! :)

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2015, 06:32:54 PM »
Happy for you Brandon! :)

Thanks, Rosa.

Offline mwright

• Hobbyist
« Reply #157 on: December 19, 2015, 01:03:13 PM »
Recently a seller on Ebay had their S2 reproductions on sale for a great price and they still do!.  I got up THE INVISIBLE MAN, FRANKENSTEIN and what I believe to be one of the greatest posters ever made THE SIN OF NORA MORAN.  They live up to everything I've heard. 

THE MUMMY - S2 Reproduction Movie Poster

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #158 on: December 20, 2015, 04:16:29 AM »
Well done for getting one of those SB Quads Neo, they are jolly scarce..
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #159 on: December 20, 2015, 10:43:25 PM »
Recently a seller on Ebay had their S2 reproductions on sale for a great price and they still do!.  I got up THE INVISIBLE MAN, FRANKENSTEIN and what I believe to be one of the greatest posters ever made THE SIN OF NORA MORAN.  They live up to everything I've heard. 

THE MUMMY - S2 Reproduction Movie Poster

Thanks Mike!!! Been wanting the Sin of Nora Moran, just grabbed one.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #160 on: December 20, 2015, 11:16:40 PM »
Got these 2 tonite...

I already own a few folded Raiders and just decided that a rolled one was needed in my always growing Spielberg collection.  And Bus Stop, well, I'm starting a Marilyn collection.  A little late in the game since there are so many complete and amazing collections out there, but we all have to start somewhere.  I already own a dozen pieces and intend to own a few more by this time next year.  This is what this hobby is all about.  Start small and grow.  We shall see.

T
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 12:30:52 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #161 on: December 21, 2015, 08:59:16 AM »
New stuff..

Banner..

Very large Banner...
It's more than a Hobby...

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #162 on: December 21, 2015, 01:51:03 PM »
Well done for getting one of those SB Quads Neo, they are jolly scarce..

Thanks.  Yeah, for such a new movie, it's kinda incredible how few of these quads there are, as well as several formats from other countries.

Looks like a good movie.

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #163 on: December 21, 2015, 02:47:39 PM »
New stuff..

Banner..

Very large Banner...

A bunch of very nice pickups Paul. I am really tempted to see the Warcraft movie as a former WoW junky but don't know if it is going to be worth it. Hard to tell at this point.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #164 on: December 21, 2015, 04:02:25 PM »
A bunch of very nice pickups Paul. I am really tempted to see the Warcraft movie as a former WoW junky but don't know if it is going to be worth it. Hard to tell at this point.

That's from my wife's company!!!  She's a visual effect artist for Blizzard Ent.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #165 on: December 21, 2015, 04:03:07 PM »

Looks like a good movie.

It comes out in January, so the answer is no.

T
My Personal Collection

Mirosae

« Reply #166 on: December 21, 2015, 04:15:31 PM »
Good posters Paul. No idea about The Finest Hours. But any films with or about water or in the water...im in!

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #167 on: December 21, 2015, 04:29:11 PM »

T

Ha!  Good call.

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #168 on: December 21, 2015, 07:05:14 PM »
Cool stuff Paul!  Nice banners you picked up recently! I cant imagine the all the other things you dont post. crying
But seriously good work and nice eye.  thumbsup.gif

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #169 on: December 21, 2015, 07:48:12 PM »
That's from my wife's company!!!  She's a visual effect artist for Blizzard Ent.

T
Scary, I almost applied to work there a few years back, I could have been working with your wife.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #170 on: December 21, 2015, 09:42:50 PM »
Scary, I almost applied to work there a few years back, I could have been working with your wife.

It's a crazy company to work for.  Once you're in, you're king, but getting in is insanely difficult.  My wife had done 12 years at DreamWorks, straight out of Michigan, and she still had to go through 5 layers of interviews and an 8 hour home computer test where she basically had to program and animate stuff.  Now she's in and they're loving her, but it was a tough one.  They recently bought Candy Crush maker King for $5.9 billion, which makes them the 2nd largest video game company in the world.

T
My Personal Collection

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #171 on: December 21, 2015, 11:36:36 PM »

T

Lawl.  You can't judge a movie by its release date.  8)

Good posters Paul. No idea about The Finest Hours. But any films with or about water or in the water...im in!

+1

cool1

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #172 on: December 21, 2015, 11:47:26 PM »

Whoa!
Gotta put on shades to look at this beauty.
 8)
Well done, man!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #173 on: December 21, 2015, 11:58:33 PM »
Lawl.  You can't judge a movie by its release date.  8)

You're kidding, right?  I will assume you are, but just in case...  January and September are and have always been the studios' graveyards.  When I was at Disney and DreamWorks, we always knew we had a bomb if it got released in those months. 

Whatever does not get traction as an academy award contender before December 31st is released in January.  February is a little better, but not by much.  Good for animated movies like Lego or the upcoming KFP3.  March is when things become slightly interesting. 

Same with September.  Whatever doesn't fit in the blockbuster summer schedule is dumped in September.  October is the beginning of Oscar season.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #174 on: December 22, 2015, 02:22:24 AM »
I think most movie studios release most of the money makers is towards the end of the year. But regardless all pickups are all great.