Author Topic: René Péron  (Read 1830 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
René Péron
« on: October 01, 2015, 10:54:25 PM »
Et Dieu... Créa la Femme (... And God Created Woman) (1956)

Futures Vedettes (School for Love) (1955)

Les Grandes Manoeuvres (The Grand Maneuver) (1955)

The Caine Mutiny (1954)

Les Orgueilleux (1953)

The Reckless Moment (1949)

I like that last one so much I'm actually thinking of linenbacking it.  The paper is awful and it's impossible to find one in good shape.

T

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: René Péron
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 11:33:47 PM »
Looks good, T.

Re the last one, i can see why you might want to back and conserve that one. Looks like some fold splits are having a party, a little bit, in the upper left and right areas.

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 03:44:34 AM »
Normally, I wouldn't.  I would return it or trash it and get a better condition one.  But this is one of the cases where I know I won't be able to find a better one.  Thus the linenbacking option.  Plus I love this poster.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 09:41:09 AM »
Péron is one of my all-time favorite poster artists... love the unique "porcelain" skin tones on many of his designs. 

Mirosae

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 12:51:47 PM »
Really nice posters.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 12:55:33 PM »
Normally, I wouldn't.  I would return it or trash it and get a better condition one.  But this is one of the cases where I know I won't be able to find a better one.  Thus the linenbacking option.  Plus I love this poster.

T

It is a beauty, T. I can see why you would not want to trash it.

Hope you do get it restored and conserved one day.

-Jeff

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 01:07:28 PM »
This is an artist I wasn't too familiar with but these are all great images. I'm so relieved they are large format posters so it is easier for me to enforce my self-imposed embargo of (purchasing) over-sized paper (1950's Italian 2-foglio posters excepted) or this artist's material could be a potentially expensive temptation.

Mark