Author Topic: Professor Powers's fake website  (Read 89127 times)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Re: Professor Powers's fake website
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2010, 07:22:40 PM »
Sorry, dudes, but this has been brewing for a long time.  "Archie" - and he won't reveal his real name - is a huge egomaniac and spews vicious and contemptuous insults left and right. He doesn't contribute to this forum - he just takes sh*ts on other posts.  Check out this classic:

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2010, 07:42:41 PM »
Ah, I remember this!!!  It seems like ages ago.

Bottom line, Mel, I really think you have to pick your fights.  This is a hobby, it is not political, and it is not life changer.  So I really don't care what people say here and there.  I have used language in the past, I can be a wise ass if I need to, but I can also chose not to, especially with people I don't know and will never meet.  I understand your beef with Archie, but he is also entitled to his opinion.  You don't like it?  Shrug and move away.  Life is too short, dude.  You cannot take any of this stuff seriously.  The only time I did was when Carson was getting personal.  Now, that really pissed me off.  The rest just makes me smile.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2010, 08:25:03 PM »
thanks Mel!

you gotta love the haters!!
Hater is a bit strong, Disagreer maybe... but I always be rollin'...

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2010, 08:46:27 PM »
I hear you Archie, i have had no dealings with dave, so as a noob, im not in a position to comment on how he chooses to run his buisness.

This is my opinion,Mel,IMO ,is quite rightly pointing out to anyone,,not just noobs, that there are unscrupulous sellers out there and this forum is the perfect place for such information to be shared for everyone.
 I would hope maybe both of you would find some middle ground or agree to disagree,because as a new member it really drags a thread to the lowest when it degenerates into name calling.

Feel free to tell me where to get off...both of you.
Best Wishes
Stew
I agree, which is why I've tried to avoid going down that road and focus on the information and the larger picture.  I encourage the pointing out of unscrupulous sellers.  In this case, I took no issue with DPM rightly pointing out the scumbag, but I did with using Dave as some sort of authority and felt that a grain of salt was necessary.  I was adding some perspective.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2010, 09:00:12 PM »
More absurd insults coming from a total jerk who uses a "cum shot" for his avatar on NSF.  Super-classy to the core.  Your relentless negativity got you booted from MPF.  Congrats on finding a new forum to unleash your vitriol.

Dave's a good guy in the hobby and his website has well-written and accurate information.  That's a fact, Jack.

You have no idea what was going on at MPF.  None.

I wouldn't say Dave is 'good guy'.. a 'better guy' certainly, 'good guy' is stretching it...  Perspective... Get some.

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2010, 09:12:31 PM »
thanks Mel!

you gotta love the haters!!

Dont know if its just jealousy of your poster business or the PT Barnum thing but you sure are a lightning rod for forum fun  8)

I havent decided if I hate you yet. ;)  :P

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2010, 09:18:43 PM »
You cannot take any of this stuff seriously.  The only time I did was when Carson was getting personal.  Now, that really pissed me off.  The rest just makes me smile.

I can see where Mel would be getting his own version of pissed off...but I do know what you are saying. We are here to enjoy  :)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2010, 09:30:13 PM »
You don't like it?  Shrug and move away. 

No problem Thierry.  I look forward to Archie blessing us with his killjoy charm, infinite poster wisdom, and "causing the occasional stir mainly to correct the seemingly endless flow of misinformation" on this board, just like he did on MPF.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2010, 09:33:58 PM »
I find it quite funny that I was defending Andy Neal then, when I couldn't care less about the guy now.

How things change.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2010, 10:01:04 PM »
Sorry, dudes, but this has been brewing for a long time.  "Archie" - and he won't reveal his real name - is a huge egomaniac and spews vicious and contemptuous insults left and right. He doesn't contribute to this forum - he just takes sh*ts on other posts.  Check out this classic:
Since when?  Have you even asked?  I am known as 'one of the Jason's' on NSFGE, and it even helped in the confusion between me and Hargon on MPT since his first name is also Jason.  I don't care if anyone who posts on here knows my name, but I choose not to broadcast it at every opportunity.  Strange position for such an egomaniac, wouldn't you say?  Projecting much?

If you, or anyone else, has something to say about what I posted on NSFGE, then please, by all means, we can discuss it... on NSFGE, where it belongs...

The truth is that you are just ticked because I've made you look ill-informed or worse on occasion, particularly over your Man with the Golden Gun pity party, and now you're the one hurling the insults and grabbing at out-of-context straws that you know very little about.

What you need to realize is that, while my comments are in response to you, they are directed to the larger audience, with the goal being accuracy of information.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2010, 10:14:42 PM »
No problem Thierry.  I look forward to Archie blessing us with his killjoy charm, infinite poster wisdom, and "causing the occasional stir mainly to correct the seemingly endless flow of misinformation" on this board, just like he did on MPF.
MPF is MPF and has nothing to do with this forum.

I have a far greater respect for Thierry, Holiday and the environment they created than I ever did for Andy and the useless mass that is MPF.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2010, 10:15:55 PM »
Archie, don't you agree it's pathetic and cowardly to make anonymous posts like the following:

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2010, 10:26:55 PM »
MPF is MPF and has nothing to do with this forum.

GREAT QUOTE!!!

Talking of MPF, did you guys notice that the forum, which is practically dead now, has more than 200 lurkers at ALL TIMES???  Night and day, more than 200 people check it out, in the dark.   ;D  What a joke!!!  How did Andy Neal come up with this magical number?  I feel sorry for all the people (including myself) who ever spent a dime on that forum.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2010, 10:45:51 PM »
I find it quite funny that I was defending Andy Neal then, when I couldn't care less about the guy now.

How things change.

Very true.

That MPF is still semi-operational is an embarrassment to the hobby.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2010, 10:51:22 PM »
Archie, don't you agree it's pathetic and cowardly to make anonymous posts like the following:

False comparisons are just that.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2010, 10:52:01 PM »
That MPF is still semi-operational is an embarrassment to the hobby.

Another GREAT QUOTE.  Man, you're outdoing yourself.  Awesome!
My Personal Collection

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2010, 11:57:25 PM »
I look forward to Archie blessing us with his killjoy charm.

Not everyone likes the Cary Grant charm.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2010, 12:10:21 AM »

If you, or anyone else, has something to say about what I posted on NSFGE, then please, by all means, we can discuss it... on NSFGE, where it belongs...

Geez...don't really care about the rest of the spat but that is such a valid statement.  Seems completely unreasonable to lurk on another forum and cut and paste snippets of past threads of that other forum for use in a completely different forum...

Everyone should know that NSFGE posts lose their context once taken outside NSFGE...
Chris

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2010, 12:14:45 AM »
My cat's breath smells like cat food.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2010, 12:30:18 AM »
"First you get the sugar, then you get the power, then you get the women"
Chris

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2010, 03:27:49 AM »
My cat's breath smells like cat food.

;D

I have used this quote on a regular basis since the episode first aired... One of my all-time favorites...

Mmmmm... sugar...

Online jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2010, 10:43:32 PM »
Ah. I nice trip down memory lane.  I am surprised this is still online.

http://www.angelfire.com/stars4/mymovieposters/index.html

I remember this from the MPT days.

Enjoy

Offline oldposterho

• Collector
    • Peter's Movie Posters
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2010, 10:55:48 PM »
Nothing says credibility like a dark pony-tail sticking out from behind your fake white beard, as seen on the "about me" page. 

Now, now younglings, respect your elders.

--Peter
For sale and trade posters: *Here*

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2010, 08:01:09 AM »
Yeah, well, too bad about all the bickering but this thread started out by me pointing out that "Rick" had made a ridiculous reference to a fake website to bolster the creds of his fake Star Wars C.  Later, Chop mentioned that he had bought one of those fakes from "Rick."   Had Chop done a quick Google search, he would have seen this:

On Cinemasterpiece's site, Dave has posted large pictures of the fake "hairs" of the Star Wars C and other ways to detect the fake. Although it's obviously a selling tactic to include this info, it's also a huge public service. 

However, Archie then went into his 10,000th personal attack against Dave because he doesn't meet Archie's idiosyncratic standards of poster authenticating.  He then praised "Dan R." who deleted his very useful site years ago in order to cash in on a never-published poster authentication book.

So it's all fine and good that MPA requires its authors to have a Ph.D. in poster authenticating. In part because of that excessive standard, it hasn't been updated in two years and omits many of the posters - including Star Wars C - that casual poster buyers are likely to buy.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2010, 08:58:47 AM »
Yeah, well, too bad about all the bickering but this thread started out by me pointing out that "Rick" had made a ridiculous reference to a fake website to bolster the creds of his fake Star Wars C.  Later, Chop mentioned that he had bought one of those fakes from "Rick."   Had Chop done a quick Google search, he would have seen this:

On Cinemasterpiece's site, Dave has posted large pictures of the fake "hairs" of the Star Wars C and other ways to detect the fake. Although it's obviously a selling tactic to include this info, it's also a huge public service. 

However, Archie then went into his 10,000th personal attack against Dave because he doesn't meet Archie's idiosyncratic standards of poster authenticating.  He then praised "Dan R." who deleted his very useful site years ago in order to cash in on a never-published poster authentication book.

So it's all fine and good that MPA requires its authors to have a Ph.D. in poster authenticating. In part because of that excessive standard, it hasn't been updated in two years and omits many of the posters - including Star Wars C - that casual poster buyers are likely to buy.

"With your opinion which is of no consequence at all..."