Author Topic: Moviepostersgallery.com  (Read 78356 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Moviepostersgallery.com
« Reply #350 on: November 29, 2023, 05:50:00 PM »
Right!  And I'm also pretty rude with the disclaimer, "not now, not ever...", just to make sure people know I'm a rude SOB.

I don't know if "impressive" is the word.  I'm way too lazy to sell stuff, and I don't like to deal with people.  Plus I really enjoy collecting and that's already taking too much of my free time.  I have 3 kids under 10, and they're obviously my first priority.  The way I see it, they can deal with the posters when I'm gone, trash 'em, burn 'em, sell 'em... what do I care.

I get what you're saying, but I was raised in a world where the words "Thank You" still carried some weight.  I've seen people do the same thing on this forum.  Ask a question and never acknowledge people's answers.  I don't want to deal with people like that, and as always, it is the good people I will end up not helping.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #351 on: November 29, 2023, 08:32:34 PM »

I get what you're saying, but I was raised in a world where the words "Thank You" still carried some weight.  I've seen people do the same thing on this forum.  Ask a question and never acknowledge people's answers.  I don't want to deal with people like that, and as always, it is the good people I will end up not helping.

T

For a lot of folks a forum, text message, etc. isn't for much dialogue.  It's annoying sometimes when it's kinda rude.  Gotta wonder how many people never even become a member, and just scroll through and never say anything.  It's their prerogative of course but it's more interesting when people join in the fun.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 08:37:05 PM by Neo »

Online Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #352 on: January 28, 2024, 05:53:19 PM »
Ahhh...and thank goodness Neo responded on here. I'm behind in my perusal of your mammoth collection as well! Diving in now. Can't wait to see! CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #353 on: February 16, 2024, 03:09:19 PM »
For a lot of folks a forum, text message, etc. isn't for much dialogue.  It's annoying sometimes when it's kinda rude.  Gotta wonder how many people never even become a member, and just scroll through and never say anything.  It's their prerogative of course but it's more interesting when people join in the fun.

I think the last 10-15 messages I got were about people either asking me if I would sell something to them or wondering where they could find such or such poster.  Obviously, I don't answer the first question.  I have tried to help on the 2nd one multiple times (even doing some research) and never heard back.  So I'm done.  I just don't answer anymore.  Sadly, this is the world we live in today.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)