Author Topic: Art of Japanese Monsters Hardcover Movie Poster Book Coming May 2014  (Read 17251 times)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: Art of Japanese Monsters Hardcover Movie Poster Book Coming May 2014
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2014, 12:47:09 AM »
I hope they are flying off the shelves!

Like Mothra or Rodan? ;)
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2014, 12:58:17 AM »
Bingo.  thumbup

-Jeff

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2014, 11:10:13 AM »
Sean, how has the reception been on your new book?

I hope they are flying off the shelves!

cheers

Quite well so far thanks. Amazon is showing it out of stock right now (no doubt while they finish processing pre-orders and should be available again in a day or two), but the orders have remained strong.

Have a Facebook page for the book, with some pics showing the actors with it and signing the prints for the limited edition version, and some happy purchasers have left feedback also: https://www.facebook.com/KaijuPostersDatabase
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2014, 06:10:42 PM »
Just a quick follow-up about sales:

Out of the 1,000 hardcovers, I have less than 20 left (hopefully none after the MonsteramaCon this weekend).

The 100-copy limited edition leatherbound with the print autographed by Godzilla actors Akira Takarada and Haruo Nakajima is long sold-out, and one sold last night on ebay for over $650.00.

If anyone would like a copy of the hardcover, please let me know.
Thanks
www.Kaijuposters.com

Co Attican

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2014, 05:28:09 PM »
Looks awesome! Congrats! I especially like the Thia poster in the middle bottom of the last page, gorgeous.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2014, 09:49:22 PM »
Just a quick follow-up about sales:

Out of the 1,000 hardcovers, I have less than 20 left (hopefully none after the MonsteramaCon this weekend).

The 100-copy limited edition leatherbound with the print autographed by Godzilla actors Akira Takarada and Haruo Nakajima is long sold-out, and one sold last night on ebay for over $650.00.

If anyone would like a copy of the hardcover, please let me know.
Thanks

That's very impressive Sean
Chris

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2014, 12:22:14 AM »
Softcover with a new cover coming out just in time for Halloween:

www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2018, 11:12:33 PM »
I'm late to the game, though finally got a hardcover of Sean's Art of Japanese Monsters. Guess what?   It's still awesome!!!  Sean, how is it possible we did not know each other when we both lived in ATL?  Did you ever come to the original comic art exhibits we hosted at DragonCon (Benno, Dave and Richard still host them since I moved away)? We started the exhibits getting close to 20 years ago, including a pretty cool Wally Wood exhibit of originals back then as well as a Marvel exhibit when Stan Lee visited.  Okie

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2018, 03:58:00 PM »
I'm late to the game, though finally got a hardcover of Sean's Art of Japanese Monsters. Guess what?   It's still awesome!!!  Sean, how is it possible we did not know each other when we both lived in ATL? 

I don't know how it's possible. Did you ever come to either of our stores in Atlanta when you lived here? Showcase Comics?
We always had the best selection of GA/SA in the city (and hosted a few artist signings as well including the late Marshall Rogers and Joe Linsner).  We had a booth at DragonCon for many years, which didn't allow me time to do many other events at the show unfortunately.

Thank you for the kind words about the book. Glad you were able to grab the HC, and hope you will forgive the few errors that are inside.
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2018, 05:27:39 PM »
I don't know how it's possible. Did you ever come to either of our stores in Atlanta when you lived here? Showcase Comics?
We always had the best selection of GA/SA in the city (and hosted a few artist signings as well including the late Marshall Rogers and Joe Linsner).  We had a booth at DragonCon for many years, which didn't allow me time to do many other events at the show unfortunately.

Thank you for the kind words about the book. Glad you were able to grab the HC, and hope you will forgive the few errors that are inside.

Yes, I believe I did go into one of your shops a couple of times.  Sacrilege, though, I wasn't seriously collecting comics anymore by that time. I was in ATL from 1998 to early 2005.  I've largely only been actively collecting original art and movie posters for the last 30 years or so. Comic book collecting for me was mainly before that. I do buy the odd comic book rarely if the price is just too good to pass up.  Anyway, your book is fantastic, Sean.  Okie