Author Topic: Ripped off by Posterfix.....  (Read 13288 times)

Ringwar

Re: Ripped off by Posterfix.....
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2013, 02:03:09 PM »
I emailed him back and ask about last Thursday's email when he said it was "all done" and asked if it takes 6 days to dry....

Ringwar

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2013, 06:47:40 PM »
When I asked him about it being done last week this is what he replied.

"Last week i got yours mixed up with someone else and mounted yours sunday when i relaized yours was the insert.
i like to let them dry 3 days in the humid weather- 4 days- in dry winter 2 days.
chris"

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2013, 08:16:56 PM »
Ahhhhh

David

Ringwar

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2013, 09:28:36 PM »
Well I now have a Fedex tracking number for my poster form Chris. Estimated delivery is Tuesday. He didn't say one negative word about the bad reviews I posted everywhere, or the BBB case I opened. So either he is oblivious to it all or doesn't care.

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2013, 12:17:33 AM »
I'm sure he doesn't care, even after years of others having sharing their horror stories, he caught you, I'm sure he will continue to catch others unawares.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Ringwar

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2013, 01:23:02 PM »
Well here are the pics. Looks like he used Permanent marker on the fold lines.... now what am i going to do? The poster is mounted nice but he touchup is horrible.

Charlie

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2013, 02:24:22 PM »
Damn that is so terrible.   But Charlie is right...just find another copy
Chris

Ringwar

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2013, 02:37:29 PM »
I have another one. 2 of those sales from ebay are me... Chris says he used water color markers and it can be removed. and he can do it... yeah like I would ever send anything to him again. Any suggestions on exactly how to remove his touch-up. Like I said before the mounting is nice. Or maybe see if Dario can fix it when when I send him another batch?

Charlie

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2013, 03:11:21 PM »
I have another one. 2 of those sales from ebay are me... Chris says he used water color markers and it can be removed. and he can do it... yeah like I would ever send anything to him again. Any suggestions on exactly how to remove his touch-up. Like I said before the mounting is nice. Or maybe see if Dario can fix it when when I send him another batch?

OK, here is what you do... 

Go to walgreens/grocery get a gallon of distilled water (you could probably use regular water - your call), q-tips...   Stop at an art store and buy the most expensive black water color pencil they have.  With the q-tips/water gently wipe off the watercolor marker - not too wet as to soak into the crease just damp.  Start outside on the edges of the fold.  It's not the color itself, it's the sloppiness.  You may not even need the pencil if you can remove the excess from either side of the fold.  Then touch it up with the watercolor pencil if needed...  You just can't get it too wet or it will warp if it didn't already come that way.

Sounds like fun huh?

Ringwar

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2013, 03:26:18 PM »
I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2013, 03:07:47 PM »
At least you finally got it back.

Ringwar

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2013, 09:29:35 PM »
Yeah, it is watercolor. I took a little off with the qtip. I'm just going to send it to Dario with my next set of posters. He already finished the 2 I sent him.

Ringwar

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2013, 03:15:39 PM »
Just got my posters back from Dario. Super happy with the quality. US customs sucks on the way back but in no way his fault. Damn posters spent more time sitting in customs longer than it took Dario to mount.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2013, 03:18:07 PM »
Just got my posters back from Dario. Super happy with the quality. US customs sucks on the way back but in no way his fault. Damn posters spent more time sitting in customs longer than it took Dario to mount.

Awesome (atleast the Dario portion!)
Chris

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2013, 02:00:23 PM »
US customs sucks on the way back but in no way his fault. Damn posters spent more time sitting in customs longer than it took Dario to mount.

US Customs?
Is this new?
If so, when did we Americans start paying US Customs for items coming from Canada?
I've never had to pay any customs charges from any country.
But then again, I haven't purchased anything this year....

Ringwar

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2013, 05:46:43 PM »
You are thinking of import fees. Generally we don't pay import fees. But EVERYTHING you get shipped to you from another country goes through customs. And some times it takes them a long time to process. My main hobby is Arcade games and I buy lots of electronics components from China. Some times they get through customs quick. Some times not so quick.

US Customs?
Is this new?
If so, when did we Americans start paying US Customs for items coming from Canada?
I've never had to pay any customs charges from any country.
But then again, I haven't purchased anything this year....

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2013, 05:53:23 PM »
Gotcha.
I misunderstood and thought you were billed a customs fee.
And yes, sometimes they can sit in limbo for an inordinate amount of time -- which sucks.
 cheers

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2018, 09:33:08 PM »
Well here are the pics. Looks like he used Permanent marker on the fold lines.... now what am i going to do? The poster is mounted nice but he touchup is horrible.

As another example why to avoid Pfix.

It sure looks like Mssr Cloutier (or his wife, who normally slops on the touch-up paint), grabbed the closest, black Sharpie and went to town.  Doh.gif
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 09:39:12 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2018, 08:21:56 AM »
I can still see the join, the sharpie didn't touch the crack! It got everything but the crack. That sucks!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 08:23:17 AM by 50s »