Author Topic: Toulouse-Lautrec  (Read 8915 times)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Toulouse-Lautrec
« on: July 12, 2013, 11:22:51 PM »
Anyone here know much about identification of original Lautrec's? I am looking at two and would like any recommendations towards authentication and what to look for if possible.

Thanks
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Re: Toulouse-Lautrec
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 01:00:33 AM »
Meant to put this int he fine art posters, could someone move it please.

Thanks
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 01:14:59 AM »
Certain of Lautrec's posters are theatrical advertising posters.. so it can work in this section, too.

wynk

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 10:10:52 AM »
Unfortunately, you are not going to identify a Toulouse Lautrec drawing or painting on a poster forum.  Too many copycats.  Or it could be a Princeteau.  This is the work of experts.  You need to take it to a Gallery that specializes in late XIX art.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 12:34:41 PM »
Anyone here know much about identification of original Lautrecs? I am looking at two and would like any recommendations towards authentication and what to look for if possible.

Thanks

Mike, do you have any of yours that you were curious about, that you could post? Or are these Lautrecs no longer in the Undead Collection?

-Jeff

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 02:23:17 PM »
I honestly don't know right now. If there is anything still around it is buried deep. I have a whole stack of prints here somewhere that seem to phase n and out of this universe popping up when they are inconvenient and disappearing when I want them. Same with a few paintings. I know they are here but they keep moving on their own. Maybe I should take some posters down and put them up.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 07:19:23 PM »
Were you asking on the two I was looking to buy? If so, I passed on them. That was a couple of years ago though I think.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 12:49:00 AM »
Now that you said that, yes.... those were the 2 that I remember you debating on.

-Jeff