Author Topic: Wilding posters  (Read 44295 times)

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Re: Wilding posters
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2016, 11:56:45 PM »
^ I can see you are hooked on posters, even if you may deny it

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2016, 12:22:09 AM »
I think you might be on to something, there, Steve.  Spying.gif

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2016, 11:42:33 PM »
A little true, I guess ;)

Forgot to post those...  Dreadful movie from the Zack "biggest hack director after Ratman" Snyder.  Posters are kinda fun, though.  And free.

T
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 11:46:03 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2016, 08:50:21 PM »
This one just came in.

9 posters, I think.

T
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 08:54:10 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2016, 07:18:36 PM »
New batch today...

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2016, 08:57:06 AM »

T,

Love the Alice... How did you and your 'hook-up' come across each other?

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2016, 05:08:54 PM »
I jog a lot, all around my neighborhood, and those guys are really hard to spot when driving at night.  So I was finishing my usual 6 mile jog, I was all sweaty and gross, and I spotted this little Mexican guy at a street corner.  I can't remember what he was putting up, but I asked for a copy and I got it.  He was a little scared, I think.  This sweaty dude in a nice neighborhood asking for posters.  The hard part was to get his phone number.  He could lose his job.  I insisted and he caved.  I felt like an idiot, but I missed on so many posters I wanted, I wasn't going to let him go.  After that, it was just a matter of trust.  Now I just send him pictures of what I want, like the 2 I recently posted, and within a week, voila... he gives me a call when he's in the neighborhood and I pick it up from him, usually around 10pm.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2016, 05:54:22 PM »
This is the best story.

Bravo, T, bravo.

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2016, 07:15:30 PM »
What a killer story, T. I have no luck like that whatsoever, so I'm glad someone's making out. Keep posting them as you get them in... love checking them out!

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2016, 03:59:41 AM »
Great story! He sounds like an excellent contact to have. It's a shame the majority of wildings seem to get used/trashed, nice one on doing your bit to preserve some of them.

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2016, 09:08:15 AM »
You should make sure Trump does not win then.
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Mirosae

« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2016, 10:14:37 AM »
You should make sure Trump does not win then.

But on the plus side you could end up with  a " Great Wall" all covered in posters....and for free!!!!

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2016, 10:23:07 AM »
That would be a wild wilding wall!
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2016, 10:58:29 AM »
Wildings seem to get limited distribution.  I've never seen one in Milwaukee, but I have in LA and NYC.  Occasionally Chicago.

Is it a big city thing, or is it more related to zoning laws?
-Jay-

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2016, 02:13:58 PM »
But on the plus side you could end up with  a " Great Wall" all covered in posters....and for free!!!!

I'm doing construction at my house right now, redoing the driveway, building a front yard perimeter wall, retiling the front deck, etc, the work is done by Mexicans and I'm paying for it.  Clearly, I'm not as powerful as the Donald.  Joke aside, my guys are really freaked out by Trump.  They really hate him.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2016, 02:15:25 PM »
Wildings seem to get limited distribution.  I've never seen one in Milwaukee, but I have in LA and NYC.  Occasionally Chicago.

Is it a big city thing, or is it more related to zoning laws?

It is mainly LA and NYC.  I was in Portland, OR, last weekend, and there was nothing.  Not a single outdoor poster.  Here, it's all over the place.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2016, 12:36:57 AM »
It is mainly LA and NYC.  I was in Portland, OR, last weekend, and there was nothing.  Not a single outdoor poster.  Here, it's all over the place.

T

Sure is... around areas that are under construction (plywood walls around a perimeter), it can look good, but it gets to be a bit overboard, (here in certain areas of the west side, at least). Can look a bit trashy at times, imho, but it can be the fight for the exhibit space, one poster (sometimes partially) overlapping the other.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 01:09:52 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2016, 07:32:27 PM »
More Alice wildings...  All 48x70in.

And finally took pictures of X-Men...

T
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 07:35:29 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2016, 07:59:27 AM »

Another awesome haul!

Mirosae

« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2016, 12:11:42 PM »
Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen is a winner.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2016, 08:34:54 PM »
Another awesome haul!

Yes, they're fun to collect.  What I like most is when the designs are completely original, different from bus stops and OS and cannot be found anywhere but in wildings.  These posters are meant to be glued to a wall.  Once they're glued, they're gone, never to be seen again.  Every time, I have a window of about 2 weeks before they completely disappear, and seeing how difficult it was to earn my little guy's trust, I don't think many people can get them.  So it makes them a little special and quite rare.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2016, 12:28:44 AM »
Finally got my Suicide Squad wildings today.  Man, those were hard to get.  I usually get my wildings before a movie opens, but in this case, it was 3 weeks after it opened.  Haven't seen the movie, nor do I care to see it, but I thought those were actually pretty neat.  There are 12 total in the set but my iphone could not fit them all.  All 48x70in.

T
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 03:37:42 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2016, 01:15:59 AM »
Nice looking set, T.

Great color and imagery. They all "pop!"
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 01:16:43 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2016, 02:54:51 PM »
Thanks for the emails, guys.  Unfortunately, I don't have any of these for sale.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2016, 10:12:21 PM »
Got these guys today.  The movie probably sucks, but I'm a sucker for Beckinsale in leather.

Underworld: Blood Wars (48x70in)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 10:18:13 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection