Author Topic: 4 Fogli and beyond?????  (Read 12131 times)

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
Re: 4 Fogli and beyond?????
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2012, 11:56:41 PM »
Fogli this half shite, Im gonna go insert a grande up my petit lenticular.

Post the after pics  ;)
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2012, 03:46:01 AM »
Yes... this is quite stunning.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Mondo Hazardo

• Collector
    • MOVIE★INK. AMSTERDAM
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2012, 06:03:41 AM »

I think folio was written incorrectly, it should be foglio. I think foglio means 'sheet', like 1 sheet, 2 sheet, 3 sheet, 6 sheet.

US sizes - a 3 sheet is commonly made up of 1 piece being a 2 sheet and the other piece a 1 sheet. So a duo Fogli is a one piece the size of 2 foglio sheets together. It I guess is referred to as a panel

But unlike US e.g. '6 sheet poster' (not '6 sheets poster'), Italian sizes are commonly referred as Fogli (plural of Foglio) it seems. 'Duo Fogli' not 'Duo Foglio'.

Oh gawd, this is silly, are you guys winding me up...   ;)

I think it's duo foglio etc. Foglio means sheet and you don't say 3-sheets. The foglio like sheet is not used as a noun, but as an adjective. It is still a single poster but the variety with two sheets or foglie (sorry could not resist). I think this is universal. In Dutch a sheet is called a "vel", the plural is "vellen". A Dutch onesheet is called an "eenvels".

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2012, 08:59:59 AM »
you don't say 3-sheets.

You can, if you complete the sentence with "...to the wind"
-Jay-

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2012, 09:07:35 AM »
Its 3 sheeters. (if you have more than one)
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Charlie

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2012, 10:08:04 AM »

I think folio was written incorrectly, it should be foglio. I think foglio means 'sheet', like 1 sheet, 2 sheet, 3 sheet, 6 sheet.

US sizes - a 3 sheet is commonly made up of 1 piece being a 2 sheet and the other piece a 1 sheet. So a duo Fogli is a one piece the size of 2 foglio sheets together. It I guess is referred to as a panel

But unlike US e.g. '6 sheet poster' (not '6 sheets poster'), Italian sizes are commonly referred as Fogli (plural of Foglio) it seems. 'Duo Fogli' not 'Duo Foglio'.

Oh gawd, this is silly, are you guys winding me up...   ;)

I agree...

Foglio - 1 Sheet (yes they make a one-sheet size)
2 Fogli - 2 Sheet (Vertical stacking of Foglio on horizontal)
4 Fogli - 2 x 2 Sheet or 4 Sheet (Vertical stacking of 2 Fogli on horizontal or a Foglio in each quadrant)
Locandina - Insert
Photobusta - Lobby Cards

I hate "1P" and "2P" because then you get Italians and French posters mixed up...  Instead use T's "French Gr@nde Affiche" and "Italian 2-Fogli" or even "2F" where some dealers list them both as "1P". Well it's one panel of what? I was following one Bruce had up and it said 2P my mind was telling me 2F until I realized it's a 4F as a 2-Panel...  They are just too big, unless backed...

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2012, 10:18:45 AM »
The 1 sheet or foglio is called Soggettone
Matias

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2012, 10:39:43 AM »
I'm not sure we've settled anything yet, but let's try to steer this thread back on course... shall we?

I realized it's a 4F as a 2-Panel...  They are just too big, unless backed...

Charlie!  How DARE you write such a thing... in THIS THREAD of all places!  Bigger is always better!  ;D  Keep posting your giant posters everyone...

And I'm shocked how little of a respose Mike's poster below got as it was overshadowed by all this bull sheet.  I think we should all take a moment to bask in Rita's beauty...

Offline Mondo Hazardo

• Collector
    • MOVIE★INK. AMSTERDAM
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2012, 10:43:30 AM »
The 1 sheet or foglio is called Soggettone
i'd like to complicate things:
a soggetto is a part of a fotobustaset,  a usual set has 8 to 12 bicromia's (50x70 cm) and sometimes 1 or 2 quadricromia's (70x100 cm) In the days of paper shortage they used also 35x50 cm (monocromia's maybe?)
This foglio question has already been answered by Uncle Phil of NSFGE, you can take his word for it:

http://stylec.yuku.com/topic/1298

that makes it one due foglio, three quattro fogli
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 10:50:07 AM by Mondo Hazardo »

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2012, 10:49:44 AM »
My other big Italian...

And my French 2p...

Sadly, neither one is framed.

Charlie

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2012, 10:57:46 AM »
Charlie!  How DARE you write such a thing... in THIS THREAD of all places!  Bigger is always better!  ;D  Keep posting your giant posters everyone...

No, I am all for big paper, but last night when I tried to take a photo of my Amadeus 4F (or 2P) I couldn't get it in the camera.  So I would have to lay in on the floor down stairs...  I say unless its a different image like some of the Eastwood films, no need...  That being said please post away. 

Here are mine:

Amadeus 4F

Spaceballs 4F

Great Expectations 4F

Empire of the Sun 4F

When I raise my ceiling to 12' I'll snap pics...

Offline Mondo Hazardo

• Collector
    • MOVIE★INK. AMSTERDAM
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2012, 11:03:18 AM »
and to make it totally confusing I have this Italian, it measures 45x64", similar to a Thierry hates "Thierry hates "Thierry hates "French Grande""" (sorry T). No idea what this is called, a Grande Italiano ?

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk227/HazardousOperations/Posters%20Italian%20quatro%20fogli/?action=view&current=OurVinesHaveTenderVines45x64.jpg
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 11:08:13 AM by Mondo Hazardo »

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2012, 11:12:32 AM »

And I'm shocked how little of a respose Mike's poster below got as it was overshadowed by all this bull sheet.  I think we should all take a moment to bask in Rita's beauty...

Matt, it is an enormously stunning poster, however, Kelly ruins it for me...  :-\
Matias

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2012, 11:14:24 AM »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2012, 11:23:22 AM »
I always understood it to be:

Italian 2f = 2 foglio = 1 panel = 1p
Italian 4f = 4 foglio = 2 panel = 2p

Yes, apologies for my brain fart, this is how I understand it as well, generally. 

I blame 3 hours of sleep and the way Ursula Andress was looking at me.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2012, 11:26:06 AM »
Matt, it is an enormously stunning poster, however, Kelly ruins it for me...  :-\

Do you mean the guy in the straw hat with glasses?  I believe that is Phil Silvers.  Kelly is the one in the striped shirt dancing in the corner.
-Jay-

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2012, 11:47:05 AM »
Do you mean the guy in the straw hat with glasses?  I believe that is Phil Silvers.  

Yep, I mean him.
His absence would have improved the poster IMO
Matias

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2012, 12:57:29 PM »
I hope Mike doesn't mind me posting this... but this French 2p tops anything in this thread IMO!

No doubt about that, Harry! Rita looks amazing and this piece is stunning. (as is his collector's collection, overall!  clap  )
(I agree with Matias that Phil Silver's image is a little distracting, but Rita pulls me in).

-Jeff

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2012, 01:24:21 PM »
No doubt about that, Harry! Rita looks amazing and this piece is stunning. (as is his collector's collection, overall!  clap  )
(I agree with Matias that Phil Silver's image is a little distracting, but Rita pulls me in).

I suspect it was commercial vs art tradeoff.  Phil Silvers was a big draw back then.  BTW, I agree, it would have been a better poster without him.  For that matter, they could have done a better job of integrating Kelly and Hayworth dancing as well.
-Jay-

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2012, 05:09:54 PM »
My first poster purchase was a 4F and I framed it as well, I didn't attempt to hang it so it sits on the floor behind my desk.  Framing it was a chore but very enjoyable at the same time and a good work out.  Peeling pieces of backing off both sides of a sheet of plexi that size not only took hours but made me break out in a nice sweat.  My only complaint in the end is the clips holding everything into the frame don't seem to hold everything too well, overtime the top section of the poster has slipped down a few centimeters, I've pulled it out from behind the desk and adjusted it once, but it's slipped again.  I decided not to fool with it again until I have more room to do so, still love it though.  Someday I'd like to linen back it, but until that day I enjoy it everyday I sit at my desk.  I have a 6F, it's 3 sheets long ways (like a banner) for an Italian film starring Barbara Bouchet, that one I have no place to hang at the moment, I'm still contemplating if framing it would even be easily possible.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 05:18:12 PM by TheAnswerMVP2001 »

Offline Posteroid

• Collector
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2012, 05:33:22 AM »
You all know what they say about men with big posters.......

Armin

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2012, 06:42:11 AM »
no.. do tell.
An Error Has Occurred!

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2012, 07:23:56 AM »

<OO

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2012, 07:24:45 AM »
is it like big FEET? or big CARS? makes a difference.
Maybe we need to ask Dave L.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Posteroid

• Collector
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2012, 07:45:09 AM »
Rumor has it they have big WALLS.
There you go!

Armin