Author Topic: Ansin's Brazil and Stout's Wrath of Khan  (Read 12002 times)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Ansin's Brazil and Stout's Wrath of Khan
« on: March 10, 2012, 11:09:32 PM »
I'm interested in both Ansin versions and the regular of Wrath of Khan, if anyone is interested in selling or trading.  Let me know.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Re: Ansin's Brazil and Stout's Wrath of Khan
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 08:43:29 PM »
I'm interested in both Ansin versions and the regular of Wrath of Khan, if anyone is interested in selling or trading.  Let me know.

I'd like a Stout too. From Expresso:

there are a very few (single digit) Ansin variants and Stout Variants
also was basically told these will not be released on-line but that the artists have a good portion of the release for their sale.
Stout will have 1/2 the edition for his release (300 for the reg WOK)(120 for the Var)
FYI they are doing their best to make sure nobody double dips
sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 09:15:13 AM »
Good luck in your search, Holiday.

I want an Ansin Brazil too, my plan at the mo is to try and be patient and then to pick one up on ebay in a few weeks hopefully. I figure that a lot of the ebeaner crowd haven't seen or heard of Brazil and as the reg is an edition of 375, prices should come down a bit in time when the 'next hot release' comes along and people forget about this one.

When this tactic fails miserably, I'll sob gently to myself.  :'(

guest8

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 09:58:25 AM »
Good luck in your search, Holiday.

I want an Ansin Brazil too, my plan at the mo is to try and be patient and then to pick one up on ebay in a few weeks hopefully. I figure that a lot of the ebeaner crowd haven't seen or heard of Brazil and as the reg is an edition of 375, prices should come down a bit in time when the 'next hot release' comes along and people forget about this one.

When this tactic fails miserably, I'll sob gently to myself.  :'(

LOL .. Why in the world would someone just assume that EB users have never heard of Brazil? :P You're a cyber-elitist !! :)

On that note though .. I dont "expect" the prices on these to go sky high .. Even though this is some of Stouts finest work IMHO .. Most would have to love the film or be a hard core Trekkie to really want that poster and as always Ansins work is just flawless!!! But Brazil is probably not a highly sought after title.

It looks like that Stouts range from <$200 for the Reg and Between $200-300 for the Variant.

Ansin is hot at the moment so his are staying higher longer so that one may be harder/more expensive to get ... Roughly $200-300 for the Reg and $300-400 for the var.

Thankfully I'm not too crazy about either film so I don't have the desire to seek these prints out, although both are prime examples of great work by each artist.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 10:42:58 AM »
LOL .. Why in the world would someone just assume that EB users have never heard of Brazil? :P You're a cyber-elitist !! :)

Ha ha, that was a bit elitist of me, I didn't mean to sound quite so snobby! ;D

I was more trying to imply that Brazil is not really a mainstream title and because a lot of the ebeaner crowd seem to collect film poster prints from a love of print collecting in general (as oppose to us film poster collectors, which is often borne from a love of films), it may be a bit more unknown. Although I suppose the cult following it has might mean it does remain really popular as the fans that love Brazil, really love it. And if someone loves the poster and sees the film because of it, that's great...it has happened to me quite a few times.

PS – having said the above, I do find myself sometimes sneering at my monitor in an elitist manner when I read expresso beans. It’s too driven by monetary value on the secondary market and hype, the herd mentality is pretty sad sometimes. I enjoy reading the forums there and there are obviously some really good guys, but every member on here seems to be in it for the love of collecting posters…it’s too money and hype orientated over there for my simpleton tastes...I suppose that's the nature of the beast when things are limited. Anyway, enough rambling – sorry for polluting your thread Holiday, good luck in your search.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 10:56:18 AM by Tob »

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 11:41:21 AM »
No pollution at all!  All these points are right.  I don't often go searching, but both of these prints are pretty good, and while Brazil is not my favorite Gilliam film (12 Monkeys is), the print is very nice.  I think the good advice is to let prices stabilize a bit.  That was useful info about the Stout's and him having half the run to sell, though I did pick up a copy of the variant already for $350 from someone on EB.  Probably a bit too high, but I didn't want to regret it if the price when shooting up on that one.

Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

guest8

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 11:53:40 AM »
I say the prices on these posters will "stabilize" but you have to gauge that on a case by case basis. I did that With the Moss Star Wars set when they were selling for $550 ... now look at me .. No SW posters and they are selling for $2-3k per set now :(

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 08:57:47 PM »
I do find myself sometimes sneering at my monitor in an elitist manner when I read expresso beans. It’s too driven by monetary value on the secondary market and hype, the herd mentality is pretty sad sometimes. I enjoy reading the forums there and there are obviously some really good guys, but every member on here seems to be in it for the love of collecting posters…it’s too money and hype orientated over there for my simpleton tastes...I suppose that's the nature of the beast when things are limited.

That why I stopped reading.  I do find their inevitable sales threads funny though... who would have thought that buying 50 prints for films they've never seen might not be the best idea?

And what happened to throwing the pics up on this forum?  C'mon guys, help a fellow out will ya... 

Brazil is brilliant and one of my very favorite films (12 Monkeys was good, if predictable, while The Fisher King remains his most under rated film.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 03:44:24 AM »
That why I stopped reading.  I do find their inevitable sales threads funny though... who would have thought that buying 50 prints for films they've never seen might not be the best idea?

And what happened to throwing the pics up on this forum?  C'mon guys, help a fellow out will ya... 

Brazil is brilliant and one of my very favorite films (12 Monkeys was good, if predictable, while The Fisher King remains his most under rated film.

I popped a few pics up in this thread Archie - http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,3696.msg66308.html#new