Author Topic: Storing Posters  (Read 57410 times)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: Storing Posters
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2012, 10:48:00 AM »
Send it to me.  I'll put it in storage and send you a nice 11x14 to frame. wynk

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2012, 10:52:20 AM »
Send it to me.  I'll put it in storage and send you a nice 11x14 to frame. wynk

As tempting an offer that is, I think I'll have to pass  ;D

Charlie

« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2012, 08:44:13 AM »
How not to store posters...  Actually I am in a state of transition and my poster lair is really caotic right now so I thought I would snap some pics.  I couldn't arrange it this way in a million.  I often find that coas is sometimes artistic.

jkho1190

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2012, 12:55:46 PM »
Hey fellas I'm new here and this was the only thread I saw concerning storing posters. Anyways, long story short I won a few bulk auctions for Bruce and the emovieposter team and I was wondering if this would be a decent way in storing the posters. I have ready bought 2-mil 3x30 Poly Bags from Ken & Judy on eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/380379902043?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649) and plan on rolling each poster and putting them into the sleeves. All of the posters are rolled and never have been folded.

I was wondering a good option for a box (preferably acid-free of course) where I could store each sleeved poster. I was looking on bagsunlimited and came across this:

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/p-3808-rolled-poster-storagedisplay-box-brown-box-lid.aspx

Anyone have any thoughts on that one? Or have a better option for me? Any help would be appreciated as I'm pretty darn excited to start my poster collection.

Thanks again!
Jason

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2012, 11:21:53 PM »
Are you storing rolled or flat? If flat and looking for a box option I suggest a uhaul or any other mirror moving box and slice with a box cutter.  However, if you are in it for the long haul and planning on accumulating a decent amount of stuff, buy a flat file off craigslist.

Conor
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

jkho1190

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2012, 11:41:37 PM »
Are you storing rolled or flat? If flat and looking for a box option I suggest a uhaul or any other mirror moving box and slice with a box cutter.  However, if you are in it for the long haul and planning on accumulating a decent amount of stuff, buy a flat file off craigslist.

Conor

Plan on storing rolled for now and maybe then investing in a big file cabinet in the future. Just looking for boxes which could get the job done which. Thanks for the input.

Jason

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
Offaleaters Shed of the damned.
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2012, 11:53:46 PM »
you guys are way too neat.

An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
Re: Offaleaters Shed of the damned.
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2012, 12:02:30 AM »

you guys are way too neat.

Luxury! You store them in boxes...damn showoff.
David

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2012, 12:04:48 AM »
haha, want to buy some? $1 each, you pay postage.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2012, 01:33:05 AM »
Damn how old is that TV I haven't seen bunny ears on a TV in a very long time lol

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2012, 01:40:13 AM »
I think its there as an anti intruder device... anyone unfamiliar with the room is likely to lose an eye

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2012, 01:47:53 AM »
 moron1
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2012, 11:53:50 PM »
moron1

It's ok Ari - I doubt any of them have x-rays of their nuts
Chris

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2012, 03:35:26 AM »
yeah thats true, losers.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2012, 06:32:41 PM »
Chris

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2012, 09:34:57 PM »
My office, which has been trashed by the workers at my house right now, coming in and out to store stuff.  I'm going to redo it soon enough, because I'm completely out of storage space for my posters.  And my desk with the same freakin' 3 posters I've had framed for ever, and a photo of Theresa Wright for a project I'm working on.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2012, 09:38:47 PM »
Oh, and the other side, which is behind a curtain right now and completely out of reach because of new bathtubs, sinks and other crap stored in the garage for the bathrooms redo.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

ps.

« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2012, 11:04:02 PM »
My office, which has been trashed by the workers at my house right now, coming in and out to store stuff.  I'm going to redo it soon enough, because I'm completely out of storage space for my posters.  And my desk with the same freakin' 3 posters I've had framed for ever, and a photo of Theresa Wright for a project I'm working on.

do tell 'cause i love her.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2012, 12:27:33 AM »
do tell 'cause i love her.

Yeah, she was quite something.  One day maybe.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2012, 03:00:20 AM »
Just lay 'em on the floor or table...fluffy paper weights come as a bonus

David

Matt

« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2012, 03:11:18 AM »
Then the smoke alarm goes off, and now you've heaps of paper for the kitty litter tray. ;D

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2012, 03:23:40 AM »
Then the smoke alarm goes off, and now you've heaps of paper for the kitty litter tray. ;D

Well I do get sick of tearing up those US inserts into small pieces...
David

Matt

« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2012, 03:39:29 AM »
Well I do get sick of tearing up those US inserts into small pieces...

Funny you mentioned that. I was in the chat room with Ted earlier. I made a similar comment about US inserts. :o

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2012, 11:32:49 AM »
Question: So I noticed that some of the posters I've had in frames for about a year have started to develop some 'ripples' inside of the frame. They aren't super noticeable, only under certain lighting conditions. Also, it doesn't seem to actually be affecting the poster once I remove it from the frame, so I hope that it isn't anything permanent. In other words, when I took one of the posters out of the frame and laid it down, the ripples were gone. I'm using HPF frames (archival or deluxe, depending on the poster), and am using the back tensioners (or whatever they are called). In any case, I'm wondering if this is normal?

It seems to be only happening on the posters that are on thinner paper, and only after a period of time. I like to display my posters, so I don't really want to rotate them. I had planned on keeping them framed/displayed for years, but am concerned that it could result in damage if this is an actual problem. Any ideas?

Also, none are in direct sunlight and are kept in climate controlled rooms (ranging in temp from 68-75 F during the day). 

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2012, 09:23:53 PM »
Question: So I noticed that some of the posters I've had in frames for about a year have started to develop some 'ripples' inside of the frame. They aren't super noticeable, only under certain lighting conditions. Also, it doesn't seem to actually be affecting the poster once I remove it from the frame, so I hope that it isn't anything permanent. In other words, when I took one of the posters out of the frame and laid it down, the ripples were gone. I'm using HPF frames (archival or deluxe, depending on the poster), and am using the back tensioners (or whatever they are called). In any case, I'm wondering if this is normal?

It seems to be only happening on the posters that are on thinner paper, and only after a period of time. I like to display my posters, so I don't really want to rotate them. I had planned on keeping them framed/displayed for years, but am concerned that it could result in damage if this is an actual problem. Any ideas?

Also, none are in direct sunlight and are kept in climate controlled rooms (ranging in temp from 68-75 F during the day). 

Enki,
How much of the clips are you using in the back of the frame?
I use two at the top, thats it, sort of letting the poster hang. No ripples...