Author Topic: Martin Ansin  (Read 41339 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Martin Ansin
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2017, 03:59:01 PM »
I always thought his Phantom was such an amazing poster, too. Plus, I've loved the Chaney version of the film since I was a kid.

I should have tried to grab one when it was first released. I'm assuming the price for that poster is now thru the moon?

You know, I never check because I'm not in the market to sell, but your post prompted me to check EB.  I own both the reg and the var and it seems they're priced at $2k and $2.5k respectively, although there are only 100 of both combined, so they don't come up for sale very often.  Nothing extravagant, but certainly a nice upstick from the original price.  It's one of the best Mondo prints, imo.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

guest4955

« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2017, 03:27:24 AM »
Mixed feelings about this one but at least it's a timed sale (like most should be IMO):

guest4955

« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2018, 10:33:40 PM »
Not much goin’ on hereabouts but Entertainment Weekly hired MA for this 2001 illustration (highlighting movies influenced by 2001):