Author Topic: WANTED: STOUT - THE THING  (Read 14015 times)

akbeyond

WANTED: STOUT - THE THING
« on: June 27, 2011, 01:28:00 AM »
Hi! I'm new here to the forum and wanted to expand my search for Stout's The Thing print. Worth a shot...

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: WANTED: STOUT - THE THING
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 01:56:18 AM »
Welcome to the forum, akbeyond.

That's a tough one.  Those have now become the most in demand of all Mondo prints.  The last reg sold for $2k.  I'm sure one of them will eventually pop up on eBay, but don't expect it to go for cheap.  Although 2k might be a one time only kinda thing, it definitely set the bar higher on this particular print.  When I think that it was only $40 a couple years ago...

Good luck,

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 03:35:44 AM »
 welcome1 akbeyond!
Happy hunting for your poster...it's a doozy.

akbeyond

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 10:42:30 PM »
Thanks for the welcomes!  :D

Yeah, it's a tough one. I was bidding on that one that sold for 2K+ on eBay too - I went into shock after I placed a bid of 1600+ and watched as it quickly slipped away...   

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 04:24:25 PM »
Try this website I think I say one on here.
www.alamodrafthouseposters.com

guest8

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 04:49:13 PM »
Thanks for mentioning my site :)

But unfortunately my site if purely informational .. All of the prices listed were the original sale prices at release.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 04:50:50 PM »
I don't think so.  You can't retract yourself.  You MUST sell each and every print listed on your site at the price mentioned.

Tic Toc Tic Toc...

Waiting!

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

guest8

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 04:56:53 PM »
I don't think so.  You can't retract yourself.  You MUST sell each and every print listed on your site at the price mentioned.

Tic Toc Tic Toc...

Waiting!

T

LOL .. I could only dream of owning all of those prints!! Let alone having to sell them all at cost!! :P

Not to mention if I made money from my site Mondo may get mad at me :(

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 01:18:43 PM »
Welcome ak!

I'm curious what does this poster look like? Is this it?

« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 01:19:30 PM by Chop-Top »

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 03:39:50 PM »
If I recall there are two versions of this poster. One of them the infected people have golds eyes and another they have red eyes. I also think the color of the poster are different from one another. It you use the website I posted previously you can reference what I am talking about and what you are looking for on there. It will give you a better idea of which poster you want more.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 03:44:22 PM »
They have been posted many times before, and I have them up on my website, but here you go...

Regular: Print run 210

Variant: Print run 65

T
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 03:46:20 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 04:02:14 PM »
I remember passing on these back in the day when prices started to climb. $200 was a rip-off I determined.

Wow. More reason why I don't mess with wall street.

My earliest Stout at this point remains to be Robocop which I am more than happy with at this point. Still, reg Thing and Big Trouble are beauts.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 11:18:58 PM »
Those would be the two that I was talking about. Thank you for posting pics of those. Those are both great looking posters.