Author Topic: What is the most valuable modern poster  (Read 17058 times)

cinemarts

Re: What is the most valuable modern poster
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2010, 04:21:52 AM »
If you are talking about the start of "modern" poster collecting, I would say it's STAR WARS.

Prior to that, poster collecting was a far more sub rosa hobby. With STAR WARS, it exploded
into the mainstream.

moviemem

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2010, 05:42:35 PM »
Someone mentioned in an earlier thread that I had a Ferris Ferrari one sheet for sale. It had, in fact, been on my site for a couple of months - well before Rich sold his at auction. It sold a few days ago for the $900.00 asking price so that would indicate that Rich's price for the rolled one was no fluke. I had always thought it was a great poster and I'm not surprised that it is highly sought after.
Regards
John

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2010, 08:06:57 AM »
I have mentioned this in another thread. A Ferris Ferrari U.K. bus stop poster has just sold (thursday) in the U.K. for £318 + commision and v.a.t. I bid myself just for the crack, and from what I have read on here, but was nowhere near the sale price. I must say I don't think it's worth any where near that........very strange goings on!!!
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2010, 12:11:54 PM »
Things look like getting back to normality. A French "Ferris" just sold for $18.50.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2010, 12:23:46 PM »
the French has always been in a much lower realm than the one sheet.  I can only assume it is because it surfaces way more often, and it is not language of origin for the film, even though the art is the same.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2010, 02:23:05 PM »
Things look like getting back to normality. A French "Ferris" just sold for $18.50.

The French that sold is also 17x24in, which is the smallest version, and never sells for much.  This said, I don't know where the large version sold for $600, but it is a ridiculous price for this poster.  Most sell around $100, usually a little less.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

moviemem

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2010, 03:48:38 PM »
Perhpas the reason that the International British one sheet is so highly valued is that it is the only poster with that art that has the text in English. That wouldnt make much difference to me but it is obviously important to some people. It is also fairly rare.

I have the small French and also the Belgian poster with the Ferarri art. I would be quite happy with either poster at a fraction of the price of the International (British) one sheet. Another dealer has the larger French poster available at about $600.00. From a pesonal point of view I would much prefer the smaller version which has the same art but usually only one foldline and much easier to display.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2010, 08:38:19 AM »
Another dealer has the larger French poster available at about $600.00.

Yes that "dealer" is Cinemasterpieces. The price was $395 on Jan 7, as I referenced earlier in this thread.  With all the hubbub the $395 was elevated to $595.  Exhibit 1 in Capitalism Economics ("It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest." Adam Smith)

Offline Starling

• Collector
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2013, 01:10:07 PM »
I'm not sure if these are the most valuable modern posters, well, I guess not, but they are the most valuable to me :)
Big Kubrick fan, and this is the art to own from the film, me thinks...
I know someone from APF has them too...lucky man!
If you ever want to part with the Kidman mask OS, let me know!!!