Author Topic: Re: Mid-auction analysis COMPLETELY INSANE OFF-TOPIC TRAIN WRECK  (Read 52151 times)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Re: Mid-auction analysis COMPLETELY FUCKING INSANE OFF-TOPIC TRAIN WRECK
« Reply #225 on: June 11, 2011, 11:34:35 AM »
 ;D

Ok, that's pretty funny.

I've noted for Grey in the past problem posters, particularly relating to the Matrix, and he's always stepped up and taken care of it.  Every once in awhile, I think every dealer has been plagued with a reprint that got through the sniffers.  It's how they deal with it that counts, and I think equally that those dealers deal with it pretty well, excepting Dave who has in the past taken some, shall we say, convincing to say the least.

Duckies and bunnies everyone.  Duckies and bunnies.

Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline greysm

• Hobbyist
    • Director of US Poster Auctions
« Reply #226 on: June 11, 2011, 03:20:48 PM »
Bruce, I do appreciate your response.
As so often, I will agree to disagree.
I do appreciate yiour crediting us with $3mm auctions though. I think that sounds great but hasn't happened.
Also the fact of seven employees was not a brag. I was lamenting that fact as leaves me little time to respond to chat groups and forums.
In fact, the last day has amounted to about as much as I have responded to forums in the last two months or more.
best
Grey

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #227 on: June 11, 2011, 03:32:25 PM »
Don't be a stranger, Grey.
Most of us would be very interested in your take on a variety of subjects, like trends, auction war stories and other areas of the collectibles market.
 cheers

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #228 on: June 11, 2011, 03:36:47 PM »
Thanks for the info about your commission rates. But how can I do a side-by-side comparision when you admit you negotiate commissions (something we do not do)? No matter what chart I produce you can say, "Actually, we did not charge as much as your chart says". Does that mean that someone who fights to pay a lower price pays a lower commission than someone who simply sends you items?

And you don't want to "overburden" the hobby by auctioning more than 400 items a week (gee, I wonder who DOES auction more than that?) but you don't consider auctioning three million dollars at a time "overburdening" to this tiny hobby? Give me a break!

And you brag about your 7 man workforce. Maybe we have so many more people than you do partly because we address every single bidder and customer e-mail we receive, and partly because we give a massive effort to correctly and accurately list every item, and yet even with our "massive workforce" we still charge far lower commissions (you take $14.25 out of every $15 sale, and $350 out of every $1,250 sale, whereas we take $9 out of every $15 sale, and $250 out of every $1,250 sale, just for two examples).

I hope you can post on other topics other than your own auctions. There are lots of newer collectors on this forum, and you could share some of your vast knowledge with them (and you absolutely ARE one of the foremost movie paper experts).

Bruce

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Bruce

« Reply #229 on: June 11, 2011, 04:33:36 PM »
Grey, I am happy to leave it where it stands, where each of us had our say. I wonder why so many of the younger members of this forum feel such a need to get so angry and downright personal with those they agree with?  Maybe when they age a little they will have less need to fight.

I do wonder if I am not as busy as you are, and yet I find time to post to these forums. In my case I feel it is a way I can "give something back" to this hobby that has provided me with a living and given me much enjoyment over the years. Maybe you can carve out a few minutes each week, especially when you see a question you know the answer to going unanswered.

Best,

Bruce

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #230 on: June 12, 2011, 09:38:18 PM »
welcome Grey, stick around. re NS4, I dont care if you post or not, if its just FS posts, go for it. Never had a problem. And there have been a few times you came along and explained something. I get it, sometimes its work and you cant spend hours talking about it to everyone. You are busy working. And for the record, I have never had any complaints about HA or GS from NS4, maybe phil did. But I dont think so. ALSO for the record, Archie knows more than a lot of people about this stuff. If you dont get it. You wont.
I Do get complaints from people at NS4 (he/she said... ban them..), but it usually blows over. And my feeling is, Dont throw sand if you cant handle it being slammed back at you. End of the day, they are BITS OF PAPER..
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #231 on: June 12, 2011, 11:37:10 PM »
I agree, but Grey, you also need to realize that the folks here are a chunk of your core audience.  The promotion is fine, but some degree of active participation translates toward acceptance and probably shows up as improved results.
-Jay-

Offline greysm

• Hobbyist
    • Director of US Poster Auctions
« Reply #232 on: June 14, 2011, 12:40:49 PM »
I do get it and thank you for the input. I do appreciate it. BTW, if some of you have never received one of our catalogs, please drop me an email as happy to get one out to you for the upcoming July auction. I think you may enjoy receiving it.Thanks
Grey
greysm@ha.com

Bruce

« Reply #233 on: December 29, 2013, 11:17:05 PM »
I just re-read this entire thread. This was back in the days before there was any in-fighting here and it was so nice to read.

• Post-aholic
« Reply #234 on: December 29, 2013, 11:38:05 PM »
was this always the title of this thread????

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #235 on: December 30, 2013, 01:20:55 AM »
As far as I know, it's never been changed.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

• Post-aholic
« Reply #236 on: December 30, 2013, 01:53:53 AM »
I must have forgotten the thread. when I saw it in new posts I thought it was a comment in Mid-Auction woohoo

-------