Author Topic: Pondering the most irritating shipping nuances :)  (Read 61 times)

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
Pondering the most irritating shipping nuances :)
« on: April 24, 2024, 11:17:21 PM »
So let me start by saying, I get the stuff in the shape advertised, and that is A+ number one, but as I open these packages I get beyond irritated, have actually ruined stuff unpacking... So here we go :)  Again, not a real dig on anyone mentioned ;)

#1 Irritation these days.... Emovieposter use of strapping tape! WTF, probably ruined a couple hundred dollars in posters over the years unpacking stuff wrapped with this crap. Painters tape, frog tape is your friend! There is no use for strapping tape in any hobby that has to do with paper, period.

#2 Irritation , haven't had one of these show up for awhile (hint) but Rich trying to get rid of 40 years of packing peanuts in every tube he sends. What exactly are those peanuts in the middle of the tube supposed to be protecting? ;)

#3 Irritation , this is more to do with the print word. Shoving a 4" tube in a 4"x4" box, how TF are you supposed to get these things out? Half the time the end caps are off and the print in flopping in the breeze in the box, I literally have to split the box to get the tube out to begin with.

Kind of kidding guys, posters get here as advertised is the key, the real irritation is the obvious toilet paper tubes, no protection triangle mailers etc...

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
Re: Pondering the most irritating shipping nuances :)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2024, 01:00:11 AM »

#1 Irritation these days.... Emovieposter use of strapping tape! WTF, probably ruined a couple hundred dollars in posters over the years unpacking stuff wrapped with this crap. Painters tape, frog tape is your friend! There is no use for strapping tape in any hobby that has to do with paper, period.

Any time I mention this I get told I am picking on Bruce, but it really is the thing I don't understand the most. There is almost no difference in price between painters tape and the sticky junk they use. I can only imagine Bruce bought a warehouse of it at closeout 20 years ago and is still trying to get rid of it all.
Accidents happen, and the tape they use is just waiting to ruin posters.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com