Author Topic: Non-Alamo Graphic Art Movie Posters  (Read 659800 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Non-Alamo Graphic Art Movie Posters
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2010, 08:24:37 PM »
With that talent that is putting pieces together for that show you could sure end up dropping a ton of dough if you attend.

Thierry, can you get in line now, I will take 1 of everything.

Yeah, there are a few I'm going to get for sure.  Like BTTF, Iron Giant and Blue Velvet.  They look cool.

BTW, since I've got a couple of emails about it already, the answer is no, sorry, but I'm not getting anything for anyone.  After the Gremlins fiasco, I'm done over there.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2010, 10:13:06 PM »
BTW, since I've got a couple of emails about it already, the answer is no, sorry, but I'm not getting anything for anyone.  After the Gremlins fiasco, I'm done over there.

I predict the "it" you're referencing will be the next Stout Lebowski - the price is going to zoom to the sky....

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2010, 12:22:36 AM »
I shouldnt have started looking at the sneaks tonight. I should probably just power my machine off for a day to let everything sell out!

Offline jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2010, 01:21:07 PM »
Good discussion on EB forums about the upcoming Crazy 4 Cult show and some of the prints mentioned with links:
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=54426

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/07/01/cool-stuff-gallery-1988s-crazy-4-cult-4-preview-1/
http://jspiotto.blogspot.com/2010/06/crazy-4-cult-4.html
http://www.g1988.blogspot.com/

I guess online sale starts Sat morning.  Who knows what will be left at that point, but some cool stuff in the show for certain.  I already picked up a print for Serenity from the artist's site.  I loved the show and pretty much anything Joss Whedon does.  Too bad he isn't selling the LP version.  Hoping I can score a BTTF or Rushmore on Saturday.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2010, 05:22:16 PM »
Hype!  Hype!  Hype!

Sorry, just wanted to join the crowd.

guest8

« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2010, 05:40:45 PM »
Im down for a couple pieces .. but none of the art really strikes me ..

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2010, 11:00:40 PM »
I bet Thierry is already in line waiting for the Cult posters:

guest8

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2010, 06:25:36 AM »
When will they show all of the artwork that will be available from the show online ??

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2010, 09:30:02 AM »
When will they show all of the artwork that will be available from the show online ??

That's the $64,000 question.  A lot of people will be gunning for the Tan BTTF for sure, including moi.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2010, 11:41:44 PM »
Just went to the Gallery 88 opening.  Lots, LOTS of people.

Here are a couple pictures...

And what I got...

Eric Tan BTTF (#40/150)

Billy Perkins Blue Velvet (#9/100)

Iron Giant (#45/100)

Most of the original pieces in the exhibit were for sale, very few had prints made.  There were way more people in line than prints available, especially considering that they kept a few for tomorrow's online sale.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2010, 08:04:36 AM »
Congrats Thierry on the BTTF and others.  

The first BTTF mofo flipper has it for $500 on Ebay now.  Unfortunately, given all factors - the low print run, the quality of the print, the popularity of the artist and movie - I predict that will be the going price in the short and medium term, just like Tan's Lost print:

guest8

« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2010, 08:55:36 AM »
I had been keeping an eye out for the 1st ... Now I wonder when the Point Break print will pop up !!!! :)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2010, 12:49:05 PM »
I had been keeping an eye out for the 1st ... Now I wonder when the Point Break print will pop up !!!! :)

I almost bought it, but I'm not a fan of the movie, so I passed. 

I wonder when Gallery 88 will be putting their extras on line.  Today, I believe.  If you have a chance to get the BTTF print, I strongly recommend it.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2010, 12:51:24 PM »
Congrats Thierry on the BTTF and others.  

The first BTTF mofo flipper has it for $500 on Ebay now.  Unfortunately, given all factors - the low print run, the quality of the print, the popularity of the artist and movie - I predict that will be the going price in the short and medium term, just like Tan's Lost print:

That guy is making a mistake by not mentioning BTTF in the title.  Plus, it's too early since Gallery 88 will sell some more at $75.

T
My Personal Collection

guest8

« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2010, 12:57:05 PM »
I almost bought it, but I'm not a fan of the movie, so I passed. 

I wonder when Gallery 88 will be putting their extras on line.  Today, I believe.  If you have a chance to get the BTTF print, I strongly recommend it.

T

Im going to try and grab both .. Too bad you passed on the Bodhi print .. i woulda took i toff your hands ;)

I agree on the ebay listing .. I had been looking to see if any would pop up and I was trying bttf and back to the future .. but didnt find anything until Mel posted that screen shot .. So now I just search Eric Tan .. I think this guy will be safe though if the market will accept those prices he will sell .. Not everyone will get one from G88 today .. and his auction still has a few more days to go .. Now if it had been a 24hr auction .. He may have been in trouble ..

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2010, 01:03:40 PM »
I would assume that there were anywhere between 300 and 500 people at the Gallery yesterday.  I was #5 in line.  I could have been #1, but I didn't want to be the only schmuck standing at the door, so I went for a little stroll around the neighborhood (I live a few blocks away).  By the time I came back, four people were in line.

I wonder how many prints they put aside.  I know a lot of people are waiting for the drop, which could happen anytime, since it's already 10am.
My Personal Collection

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2010, 02:06:38 PM »
Expresso Beans is reporting "sometime after noon Pacific"

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2010, 03:26:47 PM »
Well my order for the BTTF Tan went through, after much stalling. So in theory I should be getting it.

Offline jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2010, 03:46:40 PM »
Me too.  I have my fingers crossed.  I also picked up the Todd Slater Rushmore.  I got the ones I liked.  

I will probably regret not picking up the Perkin's Blue Velvets, but I guess when it comes down to it, I just don't like that movie so much.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 12:12:33 AM by jpicken »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2010, 04:04:17 PM »
So everyone got what they wanted?  There is still some good stuff left.  I'm actually quite surprised that it was that easy to get BTTF, considering the amount of people who attended the show.  I wonder how many they put aside, out of 150.

http://nineteeneightyeight.com/la/4ccprintsx.html
My Personal Collection

guest8

« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2010, 04:12:59 PM »
Wooohooo!!! I got BTTF, Bodhi and Mallrats ! :)

Now WTF is Mondos problem ?!? If a place like G88 can pull off that large of a drop with only a slow check out then why the hell cant Mondo take some notes and follow suit!??

Offline jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2010, 04:29:15 PM »
Re: How many BTTF they put aside, who knows? 
One of the posters on the EB forums claims they had some left near the end of the evening.  Maybe the Tan's didn't sell out last night.

One that I was looking for was a Shaun of  the Dead print by Brandon Schaeffer that didn't make it through the gallery opening night.

Regarding still good stuff available, there certainly is.  Looking at the originals for sale, I wish a few more of them had been printed, but some of the items are pretty uninspiring as well.  I was able to pick up the three things I really liked.  I am happy.  That leaves more money for the next item from my wish list.

guest8

« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2010, 04:42:52 PM »
Re: How many BTTF they put aside, who knows? 
One of the posters on the EB forums claims they had some left near the end of the evening.  Maybe the Tan's didn't sell out last night.

One that I was looking for was a Shaun of  the Dead print by Brandon Schaeffer that didn't make it through the gallery opening night.

Regarding still good stuff available, there certainly is.  Looking at the originals for sale, I wish a few more of them had been printed, but some of the items are pretty uninspiring as well.  I was able to pick up the three things I really liked.  I am happy.  That leaves more money for the next item from my wish list.

I want your Clerks and Lost Boys posters!

Offline jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2010, 05:00:15 PM »
Thanks.

Jealous of your, The Professional 09 Visual Technicians

From last year's show, that one always catches my eye when I see it.