Author Topic: Star Wars posters!  (Read 667867 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Star Wars posters!
« Reply #2450 on: November 29, 2020, 03:34:36 PM »
Dude, we all have the same leads and you can still bid against me.  Truth be told, since I already own a perfect set, I will probably not bid as much and I will be easy to outbid.  But if i see something go for cheap, I’ll go for it.

Also, I don’t think a lot of people on this forum are into SW, judging from the lack of replies.  So it’s just you and me :)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2451 on: November 29, 2020, 11:52:38 PM »
Sorry Thierry! I forgot to say "congrats!" on completing your set  thumbsup.gif

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2452 on: December 03, 2020, 07:08:51 PM »
Well done, T. I knew that last Empire B1 wouldn’t elude you for long. I have 7 out of 12, but missing all the New Hope ones and not hopeful of being able to afford them! I have them in B2 instead.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #2453 on: December 04, 2020, 02:45:26 PM »
I may or may not have a set of these.............and I say that in all seriousness because I honestly don't know.  I got a bunch of em when I was living in Japan.  Unfortunately, I believe the one I am missing is the Ohrai, which is the best of the set.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #2454 on: December 05, 2020, 09:20:56 PM »
Return of the Jedi Yamakatsu Starfall Counterfeits

Many wonder if or when they would appear, turns out they are here now.

The attached images are part of something I have been putting together for quite some time to help identify not only Star Wars posters in general but counterfeits from originals. Rather than wait until I finish the site I thought this one should be shared now since it is such a large purchase and grail piece for so many collectors.

The fake is extremely convincing from images, nearly undetectable really. When they are compared in hand though the differences are clear. So far the ones I have found or heard of have come out of Japan via online auctions there. The one used for comparison here is from a seller using the ID atomo_disney.

The paper is too white and has a slightly higher gloss on the front than the original and the back which should be more of a matt is the same gloss as the front.
The printing is made from either a very high res photo or a full size scan. You can tell that the one is printed using an inkjet printer vs the offset printing used on the original. The printing is also slightly fuzzy leading me to think this is a photograph and not a scan.

I will add more details in time but wanted to get some of the information out now so others can watch out for them.

Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #2455 on: December 07, 2020, 12:36:30 AM »
Are they putting the commerce sticker on the fakes?  IMO, that is how it came, and collectors should be after examples that retain it.
Schan
My Poster Gallery

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #2456 on: December 07, 2020, 01:45:27 PM »
I have not seen any with it so far.  The majority of originals that I have had or seen do not have one either.
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2457 on: December 07, 2020, 04:29:33 PM »
I really don't understand this.  The undated version, maybe, but there are so many copies of this one out there.  I own 4, rolled and mint, so many other collectors do too, Bruce and HA have them for sale every week it seems, but they still command $2k.  No logic here.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #2458 on: December 07, 2020, 04:34:25 PM »
Yea, massive floating head

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #2459 on: December 07, 2020, 09:50:38 PM »
I have not seen any with it so far.  The majority of originals that I have had or seen do not have one either.

I guess mine is the exception, which makes sense in a way.  Anyone who was planning on keeping one in 'collectible' condition removed that thing right away.
Schan
My Poster Gallery

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2460 on: January 12, 2021, 07:35:50 AM »
Some concept poster art (for quads) by Eddie Paul from the upcoming Feref book were shared in this article on Little White Lies . Here is the Kickstarter for the book: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/feref/feref-unseen

« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 07:37:45 AM by Tob »

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2461 on: January 12, 2021, 08:37:48 AM »
Little White Lies is great!  Their podcast is often my go-to for dog walk listening thumbsup.gif

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2462 on: January 22, 2021, 06:51:28 PM »
I forgot to post this one.  I added it to my collection of B1s because it was there and the design/title was different.  It's not rare, it's a video poster of some sort, but it's a B1 and I want to have all the B1s that are not connected to tie-ins.  That's where the madness ends hahaha

T
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 06:55:00 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2463 on: January 23, 2021, 05:48:24 AM »
That's where the madness ends hahaha

You're sure about that?

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #2464 on: January 23, 2021, 04:54:18 PM »
You're sure about that?

I with Simes on this.
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
My Personal Collection

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2466 on: March 12, 2021, 03:57:40 AM »
Are they legit?

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2467 on: March 12, 2021, 11:24:56 AM »
#1 I don't think they are (another BS scheme) and #2, even if they were, WHAT'S THE POINT???  People will never meet her and end up with some ink on a piece of paper.  Oh, but maybe, maybe, she touched the pen the ink came from.  Yeah, that's worth 500€ for sure hahaha!

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Heather_Mason_SH3

• Beginner
« Reply #2468 on: March 12, 2021, 12:40:55 PM »
$500 for an autograph? No thanks! Not worth it, no mater the celebrity involved...plus as said above they aren't even going to meet her!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2469 on: March 12, 2021, 04:00:53 PM »
$500 for an autograph? No thanks! Not worth it, no mater the celebrity involved...plus as said above they aren't even going to meet her!

Autographs without meeting the celebrity are 1000% worthless, imo.  One, they were not signed to you (so what's the point) and two, you'll never know (NEVER EVER) if the autograph is real.  But that doesn't seem to deter some people for spending ridiculous amount of money on said autographs (case in point).  I once knew this man who was Cary Grant's assistant at some point.  He was old then and is for sure dead now.  But he did tell me that he signed all of Cary Grant's celebrity pictures while working for him.  There were so many and it was part of his job.  Those autographs now come with a CoA ( crying) and sell for $$$.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #2470 on: March 14, 2021, 10:03:30 AM »
SWAU is legit , yes........the price is high as she doesnt sign usually. There are also sgd books out there for 100$

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #2471 on: April 30, 2021, 06:05:18 AM »
Greg Elson of FL has forged Portmans/Obamas in books so thats something to be aware of
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 08:51:04 AM by Tang Lung in Rome »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2472 on: May 04, 2021, 05:55:37 PM »
It's May the 4th...  I had to get something.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #2473 on: May 05, 2021, 10:33:16 AM »
Congrats, I was stuck on a call and missed the empire sadly.
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2474 on: May 19, 2021, 06:48:27 PM »
Late in the game, I know, but I finally got myself a Dolby Rogue One OS.  That was a tough one to find.

T
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 06:50:20 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection