Author Topic: What's on your walls?  (Read 535419 times)

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
Re: What's on your walls?
« Reply #2075 on: March 23, 2021, 01:32:41 PM »
Zowie! It had been a while since I last checked this thread as well. I was delighted to see so many nice additions. Thank you for sharing.
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline Heather_Mason_SH3

• Beginner
« Reply #2076 on: March 28, 2021, 10:55:35 PM »
I think my Slumber Party Massacre wall is coming along nicely. I'm probably going to replace the thatrical one sheet of the first film with the video store poster when it arrives. I'm also going to add the (unrelated) Last Slumber Party Poster I just got when I get the chance!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #2077 on: March 29, 2021, 06:23:31 PM »
VERY nice. i finally just saw the SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE trilogy a few days ago. Why are you swapping out your theatrical poster for a video one sheet for the first film?  I dig the wall, though. Cheers!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

• Beginner
« Reply #2078 on: March 29, 2021, 08:30:14 PM »
VERY nice. i finally just saw the SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE trilogy a few days ago. Why are you swapping out your theatrical poster for a video one sheet for the first film?  I dig the wall, though. Cheers!
The posters for 2 and 3 are both the video store posters, so I just want them to match up!
Unfortunately the poster size was just a tiny bit too big for the frame, so that will have to wait until I buy a frame for it.

I'd love to have the theatrical poster for Slumber Party Massacre 2, but that one might be a bit rare as I can't seem to find anything on it other than the fact that it has a different photo used for it. The back of my current video poster for SPM2 also advertises a theatrical size for it being available, but I've only seen the smaller one being sold.
I know a seller with the theatrical poster for SPM3, but I've held off on buying it for now.

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #2079 on: March 30, 2021, 05:23:23 AM »
Well, I dig your collection. I'm a bit late to the SPM thang. I do want the posters now (theatrical if possible), but am amazed at how pricey they are. Zowie! I do happen to have a poster (theatrical) for the third one apparently---and that was just an accident. (I had gotten the poster for SORORITY HOUSE MASSACRE and then saw the one for SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE 3. I thought it was all the same series until I took a second look at the posters and realized they were separate series that I had never seen before. I still have not seen the SORORITY HOUSE MASSACRE series...) Glad I have that third poster now.

• Beginner
« Reply #2080 on: March 31, 2021, 10:32:01 PM »
Well, I dig your collection. I'm a bit late to the SPM thang. I do want the posters now (theatrical if possible), but am amazed at how pricey they are. Zowie! I do happen to have a poster (theatrical) for the third one apparently---and that was just an accident. (I had gotten the poster for SORORITY HOUSE MASSACRE and then saw the one for SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE 3. I thought it was all the same series until I took a second look at the posters and realized they were separate series that I had never seen before. I still have not seen the SORORITY HOUSE MASSACRE series...) Glad I have that third poster now.
I regret not getting my hands on the Sorority House Massacre one sheet when I saw it available! You're lucky to have that one! The film didn't really catch my interest as much as the Slumber Party films so I just let it go...but it is a really good poster!
It seems to be a less common find along with SHM2, which I'm assuming is much rarer!

As for the prices of Slumber Party's one sheets...I think they're just ridiculously overpriced. No one is buying them at those prices and they're not even rare...you can usually find listings for the first film and they clearly aren't selling since it's always from the same sellers. I'll admit that I probably overpaid for mine...but it was a bidding war and I really wanted it!
The only one that seems to be really rare is SPM2's theatrical one sheet. I haven't seen a single one of those, while the small video poster has popped up a few times the last few months.
Overall the first film's poster is much more common than the other two films...but SPM3 seems to be much less desired and thus priced lower. I got mine at a bargain and the current one I see for sale is priced pretty decently.

Hopefully we'll both get what we want at reasonable prices!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #2081 on: April 01, 2021, 04:30:43 PM »
I regret not getting my hands on the Sorority House Massacre one sheet when I saw it available! You're lucky to have that one! The film didn't really catch my interest as much as the Slumber Party films so I just let it go...but it is a really good poster!
It seems to be a less common find along with SHM2, which I'm assuming is much rarer!

As for the prices of Slumber Party's one sheets...I think they're just ridiculously overpriced. No one is buying them at those prices and they're not even rare...you can usually find listings for the first film and they clearly aren't selling since it's always from the same sellers. I'll admit that I probably overpaid for mine...but it was a bidding war and I really wanted it!
The only one that seems to be really rare is SPM2's theatrical one sheet. I haven't seen a single one of those, while the small video poster has popped up a few times the last few months.
Overall the first film's poster is much more common than the other two films...but SPM3 seems to be much less desired and thus priced lower. I got mine at a bargain and the current one I see for sale is priced pretty decently.

Hopefully we'll both get what we want at reasonable prices!
I looked them up on eMovieposter.com. S-lumber Party 1 usually seems to go for a good price ($100+), but not (you are right) what those on eBay are asking.
SLUMBER PARTY 2 and SORORITY HOUSE 2 have apparently only had 1 copy each of the video posters on eMovie. That's it.
SLUMBER PARTY 3 is fairly easy to acquire.
There is a SORORITY HOUSE MASSACRE 3. It's rather elusive as it is also called HARD TO DIE and TOWERE OF TERROR. I've never seen any of the SORORITY HOUSE movies and the third (poster and movie) seem incredibly difficult to track down.
I liked SLUMBER PARTY 1 okay. At first I thought it was ridiculously dumb...and then, while watching, I learned it was originally supposed to be a parody. You can SEE that if you are watching for it and, to me, that made it more appealing. SLUMBER PARTY 2 was the odd one---and the one i think I liked the best.  But I don't quite understand what it is. Ha! The killer---a break dancin' rockabilly singer with killer drill in his very stylized guitar? WTF? Hilarious and bizarre. And...what? Is it all a dream, hallucination or what?
SLUMBER PARTY 3 seemed to be a just-in-name only sequel that was unrelated to the first two and only had the slumber party theme and drill killings to make it a sequel. Okay--but not really in the series, if you know what I mean.

• Beginner
« Reply #2082 on: April 25, 2021, 08:49:53 PM »
I was moving things around so I took to opportunity to capture two of my latest acquisitions that I previously missed - Hot Chili and Delivery Boys.
After that I put up two older posters that I've had but never displayed - at least until I get the posters I'm waiting for!
So here are the video release posters for "Once Bitten" and "You Can't Hurry Love".

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #2083 on: May 12, 2021, 12:44:53 AM »
Heather Mason, You can't go wrong with a nice Lauren Hutton poster! Okie

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2084 on: October 07, 2021, 10:50:48 PM »
I know it's old stuff, but I haven't bought anything worthy for quite some times and I wanted to see it again.

T
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 01:34:19 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #2085 on: October 08, 2021, 08:51:48 AM »
That French Laura poster looks beautiful, Thierry.  I didn't realize it was linenbacked though, what gives?  ;D

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #2086 on: October 08, 2021, 09:03:32 AM »
Cheers to the Thierry hates "French Grande"

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2087 on: October 08, 2021, 11:36:25 AM »
That French Laura poster looks beautiful, Thierry.  I didn't realize it was linenbacked though, what gives?  ;D

There are two known copies of this poster worldwide, one in Japan in bad shape, and mine, both linenbacked.  So when you find that folded copy, please please please give me a holler.  I'll be waiting.

:)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #2088 on: November 01, 2021, 10:15:15 PM »
It's nice it fits in your frame, T.  Nice to see it up on display.  Okie
There are two known copies of this poster worldwide, one in Japan in bad shape, and mine, both linenbacked.  So when you find that folded copy, please please please give me a holler.  I'll be waiting.

:)

T

Offline rumble

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2089 on: November 04, 2021, 04:00:41 PM »
We got a new house and have finally started getting some posters up on the walls...

Online Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #2090 on: November 04, 2021, 04:51:00 PM »
I've always loved that Pop Art imagery on the Italian poster for Diabolik, congrats!

Offline Starling

• Collector
« Reply #2091 on: November 04, 2021, 08:12:56 PM »
I also recently moved to a new place. Haven't hung anything yet, but I started missing the paper so I set up a little gallery wall.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #2092 on: November 05, 2021, 12:19:27 AM »
Rumble: Wow, your Diabolik reminds of some of the best serial posters from the 1940s!  It's very cool. 

Starling: I'd pay admission just to see the posters on your floor!

Okie

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #2093 on: December 30, 2021, 11:30:03 AM »
found these on my camera, not that old

^think the plan here was to put led lights behind the quad as it is double sided
i never got the leds and only the two toppermost are still up

^ginger wasn't up long. might put her up again soon

^anna is still up and the bird is still hanging on

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #2094 on: December 30, 2021, 02:16:01 PM »
That's a lucky bird, has quite a view.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #2095 on: December 30, 2021, 11:49:59 PM »
Wow, Redman!  When you decide to show some goodies on your walls, you blow the roof off!!! Very nice and thanks for sharing.  Okie
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 12:06:13 AM by okiehawker »

Offline DekeThornton

• Collector
« Reply #2096 on: January 02, 2022, 10:49:22 AM »
Hello, poster friends! It's been a while since I posted here. Lately, I've been filling my empty wallspace with travel posters and pictorial maps moreso than movie posters (though I still do have Mexican movie posters up on the wall).

Anyway, here are some newly-framed posters up on the wall.

A 1928 "Bicyclism" poster advertising the Science Museum in London for London Transport.

c. 1951 Mexico travel poster by Jorge Gonzalez Camarena

1933 "Spanish Main" map by Jo Mora for the Grace Line Company

« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 10:53:06 AM by DekeThornton »

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #2097 on: January 02, 2022, 03:03:55 PM »
Deke!  You came through with some very nice posters, indeed.  My favorite is your Mexico travel poster.  Those are really hard to find in nice condition, aren't they?  It looks fantastic!  Okie

Hello, poster friends! It's been a while since I posted here. Lately, I've been filling my empty wallspace with travel posters and pictorial maps moreso than movie posters (though I still do have Mexican movie posters up on the wall).

Anyway, here are some newly-framed posters up on the wall.

A 1928 "Bicyclism" poster advertising the Science Museum in London for London Transport.

c. 1951 Mexico travel poster by Jorge Gonzalez Camarena

1933 "Spanish Main" map by Jo Mora for the Grace Line Company

Offline DekeThornton

• Collector
« Reply #2098 on: January 03, 2022, 03:10:10 AM »
Deke!  You came through with some very nice posters, indeed.  My favorite is your Mexico travel poster.  Those are really hard to find in nice condition, aren't they?  It looks fantastic!  Okie

Yes, I like that one. It's a good reminder to stay healthy and eat fresh fruit.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2099 on: January 09, 2022, 12:34:01 PM »
https://www.channel4.com/programmes/britains-most-expensive-houses/on-demand/72380-004

For UK viewers.  This flat seller really knows his Bond shit.

Three Thierry hates "French Grande"s.  From Russia with Love, For Your Eyes Only, Octopussy in the living room. An Italian 4 Foglio Thunderball on the stairs, a US 30x40 Man with the Golden Gun in the Bedroom, another Italian 4 Foglio Dr No in the Living room. 

14 mins and 31 mins.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 12:44:29 PM by Simes »