Author Topic: What's on your walls?  (Read 535394 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: What's on your walls?
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2010, 11:42:26 PM »
That's it...  My wife won, I lost.  She took over the living room, I only have one poster frame left in the whole house.  Since it's drilled to the wall, this one's not going anywhere.  I just put my War of the Worlds poster in it.  Sorry for the poor photo, Iphones are not good in low light.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2010, 11:54:38 PM »
Awesome Thierry...
Chris

wonka

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2010, 11:55:15 PM »
Looks great, but would look even better with a Larry Bird poster in there...   :)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2010, 12:12:27 AM »
Hey, I'm redoing my office (will show pix later.)  But the intent is to have my Lakers jersey signed to me by Magic at the far end of the room, so that it's the first thing you see.  I'm painting the room burgundy, so yellow stands out, with a ceiling light directly on it.  Fuck posters.  My jersey is all I want.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2010, 01:05:06 PM »
Fuck posters.  My jersey is all I want.

Good, I'll swing by with a truck and help you clean out all that trash in your garage.    ;D

spacething

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2010, 04:22:27 PM »

I got the ABSURD sales sheet matted and framed today.  I usually don't go to frame shops for framing, but my friend works there and did the whole thing for $30.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2010, 05:54:10 PM »
Looks great spacething - nice choice of colours!
Chris

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2010, 03:05:28 PM »
I decided to make a change in one of my frames. From a very unappealing poster to a much better looking poster I think. Plus M. Night just pisses me off anymore.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2010, 09:02:02 PM »
Night is a hack, just one step above McG and Ratner.  People with no talent but balls the size of a Zeppelin.

Moon, on the other hand, is a remarkable little movie.  Good choice, little man.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2010, 11:29:35 PM »
Nice swap-out and upgrade, Chad.  MOON rocks.

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2010, 12:14:36 AM »
Thanks!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2010, 11:20:43 PM »
Mel, I am curious - how do you get your folded (or even rolled for that matter) posters appear to lay very flat within the frames?

Are the posters basically right upon against the plexiglass (i.e. squished tightly between backing and front)?

I have a smallish linenbacked poster that I can't even get to lay nicely flat with a matting and a secure backing!
Chris

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2010, 12:15:48 AM »
Mel, I am curious - how do you get your folded (or even rolled for that matter) posters appear to lay very flat within the frames?

Are the posters basically right upon against the plexiglass (i.e. squished tightly between backing and front)?

I have a smallish linenbacked poster that I can't even get to lay nicely flat with a matting and a secure backing!

The flip frames put very heavy pressure on the plexiglass poster and they'll flatten anything.  Plus I store all my posters flat, so that helps.

The main problem I'm having with framing is that the frames are exactly 27x40 (or 27x41).  Many posters are slightly longer than those dimensions.  Sticking an oversize poster in an undersize frame is guaranteed to create permanent compression waves.

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2010, 02:44:54 AM »
The flip frames put very heavy pressure on the plexiglass poster and they'll flatten anything.  Plus I store all my posters flat, so that helps.

The main problem I'm having with framing is that the frames are exactly 27x40 (or 27x41).  Many posters are slightly longer than those dimensions.  Sticking an oversize poster in an undersize frame is guaranteed to create permanent compression waves.

Robert at Spotlight Displays will make a custom snap frame for you. Just give him your dimensions and it takes a day or two longer per order. He's a good guy to work with.

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2010, 07:00:34 PM »
One year ago I just wanted to hang some stuff. I now have near 200 posters/lobby/stills and no idea how the hell that it happened. ...oh well...anyway...
A few months ago I started work on operation Frame And Hang My Crap. Im a poor working man so please be patient( I am hoping to win the lotto soon!). I wish I could hang it all....I love 100% of it. Even the $5 modern shit.

The first wall of the soon to one day be Eastwood room...Now sports two Belgians and one regular  :P

The first additions to a man cave Bond wall...A film festival, a Belgian and newly aquired 72 B2 rerelease.

The I dont know what Im going to with yet kitchen corner is as of now German and Belgian.....

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2010, 07:04:02 PM »
Lookin' good Zorba! 

So you only started collecting a year ago?

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2010, 07:17:13 PM »
Lookin' good Zorba! 

So you only started collecting a year ago?

Thanks!

Yep. About one year ago but I have been cramming.
Im sure you know that if you love movies and you start with this stuff that you are in big trouble  :)

I would post a wanted list but it would be in the six digits  :P 

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2010, 07:23:16 PM »
I hear you Z.  I've only been doing this for a few years and I'm already hooked.  My recent break was good though... I recommend everyone take them if they are feeling a bit obsessed with poster collecting.  I'm not done collecting by any means, but it has helped with prioritizing my efforts (and funds).

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2010, 10:35:22 PM »
Love the international paper, Zorba.  Especially the German DWW.

First year in this hobby is just foreplay. 
Break out the checkbook, you are in for a hard f##king now.   laugh1

Your place looks great, man.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2010, 11:45:36 PM »
The home looks good, Zorba.  Keep up the good work.  And if your girlfriend tries to tell you that you can't get a bunch of frames, just remember how Cartman deals with women.   :D

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2010, 11:26:25 AM »
What's that last picture, and more importantly, who's the girl?
My Personal Collection

guest8

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2010, 11:45:44 AM »
Todd Selby is a photographer .. So I can only guess at the identity of the people in the last photo .. Most likely being models hired for the photo shot.

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2010, 04:22:09 PM »
Redid the kitchen corner into a Dean Martin / Matt Helm tribute....Love Dino!  :)

The TV now has friends too. Tombstone takes over my quad frame. I know many of you hate linenbacking but  I really do enjoy my lb Godfather B2.

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2010, 05:38:45 PM »
I hear you Z.  I've only been doing this for a few years and I'm already hooked.  My recent break was good though... I recommend everyone take them if they are feeling a bit obsessed with poster collecting.  I'm not done collecting by any means, but it has helped with prioritizing my efforts (and funds).

I have been buying non stop. Its not good. Im in tazmanian devil buy everything mode...which wouldnt be so bad if I was cash comfortable.

How did you get yourself to take the break?....

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2010, 09:52:09 PM »
Redid the kitchen corner into a Dean Martin / Matt Helm tribute....Love Dino!  :)

The TV now has friends too. Tombstone takes over my quad frame. I know many of you hate linenbacking but  I really do enjoy my lb Godfather B2.

Congrats Z on your poster paradise....