Author Topic: finally framed  (Read 15126 times)

Karza

finally framed
« on: January 16, 2011, 09:59:55 AM »
Here is a link to some of my mondo stuff that I finally framed

http://picasaweb.google.com/Ken.Zent/Mondo?feat=directlink
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 10:15:33 AM by Karza »

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: finally framed
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 11:35:08 AM »
Very nice, Ken.
Really dig that GOLEM.  thumbup

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 12:17:14 PM »
very cool set up man!

Jonkino

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 12:33:01 PM »
Very nice, dig those walls. very retro look too. I wanna frame some of mine and put them all round the walls like that. When I get a new job that pays, that's just what I'll do. Are they all bespoke frames Ken - or do you have somewhere where you buy them of the shelf?

guest8

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 02:09:43 PM »
Looks great ! I cant wait until I start doing my own custom framing so I can get some of my odd sized pieces out ! :)

Karza

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 05:32:27 PM »
Thanks for the positive feedback, I was pretty suprised when my wife said that we should take down her monther's art and put up my movie posters in the media room. I wanted to get them up quick befor she shanged her mind. I still have a few open spots waiting for the Stout SW.

The 18 x 24 and 24 x 36 are off the shelf from Michaels the other I pieced together at Jerry's art o ramma.
the "Streets of fire" and "Last night at the Alamo" were frames I already had I just cut new matte board for them.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 10:42:24 PM »
What machine is under the Tron posters. I keep trying to figure out where I can shoe horn a pinball machine around here, just do not have a spot.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 10:46:28 AM »
I really like the black print of the Moon.  Oh, no, wait, that's the TV...  nevermind.

You should show your pictures to Mitch, Justin or Lisa at Mondo.  They love to see their stuff up on the wall.  They would probably add you to one of their blogs.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Karza

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 07:51:55 AM »
What machine is under the Tron posters. I keep trying to figure out where I can shoe horn a pinball machine around here, just do not have a spot.

The Pinball by the tron posters is Ballys "the lost world" on the other side I have Ballys "Bow and Arrow". I have an extremely long living room which makes it great for pinball and the eventual projector and big screen ;D

I may move the trons as I just picked up a McCarthy "Lost World" on the EB hook-up thread.

I'll send Lisa a link to the pics and see if she will post some on the blog, my media room is definitely all Mondo

Jonkino

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 08:25:46 PM »
Thanks for the positive feedback, I was pretty suprised when my wife said that we should take down her monther's art and put up my movie posters in the media room. I wanted to get them up quick befor she shanged her mind. I still have a few open spots waiting for the Stout SW.

The 18 x 24 and 24 x 36 are off the shelf from Michaels the other I pieced together at Jerry's art o ramma.
the "Streets of fire" and "Last night at the Alamo" were frames I already had I just cut new matte board for them.

Another question about your frames. What kind of glass you use? Do you put anything (backing board) between the back of the poster and the back hard board of the frame? And do you use these spaces that I read about? I'm knew to collecting silk screens (well for about 8 months now so maybe not so new) and I want to get some framed. I just need some tips on best way to frame when you don't particularly have frames who are not familiar with poster collecting.

Thanks for any advise you can offer.

Karza

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 01:12:44 PM »
I use conservation glass with these after reading about UV damage. I use spacers in the frames that don't have a Matte and I use acid free matte board behind some of the prints and acid free backing boards on others it just depends on how much room I have in the frames. A lot of the frames I have I bought years ago for other art projects so I'm trying to repurpose them as much as I can.