Author Topic: Poster size reference  (Read 14477 times)

Charlie

Charlie

Re: Poster size reference
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2011, 10:32:36 PM »
I'm just showing the sizes most commonly sought by collectors.  B3s and B4s are pretty obscure - I don't Holiday has any of either of those sizes.

Billboards are pretty obscure....

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2011, 08:19:06 AM »
Nice tool to have, but I agree B3s should be on there. I'm not a huge JP collector but I do have a few B3s. On a side note, love the Apocalypse Now B0s of Holiday's. I think there was 1 more released too, well there was in the B1 format anyway.

Bruce

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2011, 08:23:29 AM »
Mel, you did a wonderful job, and your efforts are appreciated by many,

Bruce

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2011, 12:12:08 AM »
One thing you may want to add to the Japanese section is also the vertical B0. One poster I can think of that you can use as a reference is The Godfather

Online kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2011, 01:57:11 AM »
Hmmm, I'll try another version:

Dammit Mel, dont let the peanut gallery sway you.  That Chariots of Fire B1 is rarer than any Amelie paper from any country.  I wish i still had one  ;)
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline Posteroid

• Collector
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2011, 02:57:30 AM »
I'm just showing the sizes most commonly sought by collectors.  B3s and B4s are pretty obscure - I don't Holiday has any of either of those sizes.

Japanese speed posters (inserts) are actually not obscure, they are far more common than horizontal B2 posters for example. Speed posters were printed for many movies from all the major studios until the mid 70's and I am selling them regularly through my website so collectors are interested in them (more than in chirashi).

Nakazuri are rarer. I think this is because they are used inside busses and trains, and only movies with considerable advertising budget can afford that (transport media is relatively expensive).

You have also forgotten B-bai posters (two sheets). They are not that common but if you go by collector popularity, they rank pretty high.

Armin

guest4955

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2017, 08:36:04 AM »
From MPC.guide with text from EMP: http://moviepostercollectors.guide/Sizes.html

guest4955

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2017, 08:43:28 AM »
Some collages I put together in Round 1 on MPC.guide. All images exactly proportional to actual size.