Author Topic: What did you just watch?  (Read 915498 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: What did you just watch?
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2011, 07:12:29 PM »
Source Code was a good idea that needed a much better execution.

That's what I heard.  A friend of mine was in the running to direct the movie and passed.  After seeing the final project, he regretted his decision.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2011, 08:03:36 PM »

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2011, 08:10:33 PM »
Thats pretty novel, the lousy t-shirt, I like it. I might do something like that for my site.

Is Rich still around?

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2011, 11:29:05 AM »
Watched Godfather pt2 again last night, always a jolly old film. Even better was House of fear, that we watched after Godfather 2. You cannot beat a good old B&W Sherlock Holmes with Rathbone and Bruce ( Nigel that is ), to top the night off. 
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2011, 11:32:48 AM »
Watched Social Network last night.  Good flick.  Don't know if I cared so much about the characters or the plot (I'm not on facebook and I don't blog or tweet), but I thought it was well crafted.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2011, 02:29:53 PM »
Don't know if I cared so much about the characters or the plot (I'm not on facebook and I don't blog or tweet)

That's the reason it didn't win the Academy Award, aside from not being the best movie of the year, of course.  Older Academy member simply didn't care enough.

T

Fell asleep to a 1975 episode of Columbo last night with Janet Leigh.  She plays a Gloria Swanson-like character who refuses to age and kills her husband when he refuses to sponsor her dance revival.  The fun thing about it is that she keeps watching a 1953 movie called Walking My Baby Back Home with Donald O'Connor and... a younger Janet Leigh.

Quite awesome.

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2011, 02:36:18 PM »
That's the reason it didn't win the Academy Award, aside from not being the best movie of the year, of course.  Older Academy member simply didn't care enough.

I figured as much.  Even if I had been more connected to the plot, though, it still didn't feel like best picture material...

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2011, 03:11:10 PM »
Man, I remember that Columbo Episode, I haven't watched any in years. Might have to catch a few. 

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2011, 03:27:38 PM »
I have them all on DVD and love to watch them again from time to time.  Peter Falk is the best.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2011, 03:33:57 PM »
watched ep 2 of game of thrones last night.. looks like hbo have pulled another great series..

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2011, 03:45:12 PM »
watched ep 2 of game of thrones last night.. looks like hbo have pulled another great series..

I agree. Its excellent.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2011, 01:08:55 PM »
Anyone like the recent Sherlock Holmes? you know the one with Downey jnr... We tried to watch it again last night and still cannot get away with it. I know I'm old as I prefer the Rathbone & Bruce series, but that said I really enjoyed the recent T.V. series with Benedict Cumberbatch. So I know it's not just an age thing.

Is it a really rubbish film... Luckily I had Beast from 20,000 Fathoms to save the night. :)

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2011, 02:55:53 PM »
Anyone like the recent Sherlock Holmes? you know the one with Downey jnr... We tried to watch it again last night and still cannot get away with it. I know I'm old as I prefer the Rathbone & Bruce series, but that said I really enjoyed the recent T.V. series with Benedict Cumberbatch. So I know it's not just an age thing.

Is it a really rubbish film... Luckily I had Beast from 20,000 Fathoms to save the night. :)

I didnt like it either. It was just off. The actors were all fine...the story just wasnt Sherlock Holmes.

Like you I loved the Rathbone/ Bruce movies. I especially have fond memories watching them all as a kid.
I also read all the books/stories( which are very different than the Rathbone movies) as sort of an extra credit project in H.S.

I know two different Holmes characters that I really enjoy and that movie didnt have either one of those.

Ogami_Itto

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2011, 08:20:28 PM »
i wasn't real sure if i should post this on here being in the movie talk thread but since you guys were talking up Columbo here it goes.

ive been watching the munsters lately, i just have one question. is it the greatest family comedy ever?

i just finished the first episode of the second season where herman gets fired, and i watched the dragula episode right before.

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2011, 11:20:05 PM »
Love The Munsters!  Been a fan of the show for decades.  That being said, watched THE KING'S SPEECH the other night and enjoyed it.  Wonderful performances by Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2011, 03:38:17 AM »
The Kings speech, I think I'll be checking that one out shortly...

The Munsters, now we're talking. I don't think I caught it first time around, it was probably second in 67/8. Unless that's when it was first shown in the U.K... Anyone know for certain. I know it was 64-66 in the U.S.   I do have the full 1st & 2nd series they are great to put on every now and then. I even have a few on 16mm. 

I still love the Addams Family, but the Munsters were my favourite. Greatest Family show ever....there was some great ones but it may just pip it. ;D

Ogami_Itto

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2011, 10:28:32 AM »
i am 23 and love the munsters, i liked it as a child but did not have cable  :( so now im watching them all in a row on netflix.

you literally cant go wrong with the munsters.
here are the reasons why
 the wemon

the cars

and granpa

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2011, 10:08:40 PM »
Limitless at the theater a few hours ago.  The coolest new movie I've seen in a while.  Highly recommended.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2011, 04:54:03 PM »
Just finished watching A Night at the Opera. If you can get past some of the singing (f/f button), you forget what a great movie this is, first time I have watched this in the last 5 years... Just checking here before I go top up the Wine, and put on one of my Favourites A night in Casablanca.  That reminds me I must get my Watch fixed...

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2011, 06:52:02 PM »
AUTOMATON TRANSFUSION. I saw this a few years back and I popped it in the DVD player for a re-watch last night. You zombie lovers will appreciate it.  It's low-budget but worth a watch.
Here's a trailer:

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2011, 04:40:36 PM »
Just finished watching A Night at the Opera. If you can get past some of the singing (f/f button), you forget what a great movie this is, first time I have watched this in the last 5 years... Just checking here before I go top up the Wine, and put on one of my Favourites A night in Casablanca.  That reminds me I must get my Watch fixed...

Agree great movie....Love the contract scene.

Thats what they call a sanity clause.

You cant fool me there aint no such thing is sanity clause.

Or something like that.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2011, 05:04:05 PM »
Summer is almost here :)

Saw Fast Five a few days ago (no comment), Thor on Sunday night...  It's going to be 2 or 3 movies a week until the end of August.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2011, 08:30:18 PM »
Summer is almost here :)

Saw Fast Five a few days ago (no comment), Thor on Sunday night...  It's going to be 2 or 3 movies a week until the end of August.

T

I thought Fast Five was pretty good.  A lot of intense driving scenes and good plot as well as actors.  If anyone goes to see it, wait to leave until after a couple minutes into the credits.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2011, 12:12:46 AM »
Just watched After the Thin Man... I had no idea that Jimmie Stewart was in it!

tstatum

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2011, 12:43:15 AM »
Watched both Love and other drugs and The Green hornet tonight nothing to write home about but I enjoyed both.