Author Topic: Paul Mann  (Read 3299 times)

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
Paul Mann
« on: September 17, 2021, 04:07:19 AM »
Not sure where the best place to post this is so, moderators, feel free to move.

I believe there are a number of Paul Mann fans on here, who may be interested to know he has supplied the cover art to a forthcoming hardback edition of Quentin Tarantino's novel of his movie Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (the paperback edition came out over the summer with a different cover design).

A few more details here:

https://firewireblog.com/2021/09/16/harper-to-publish-the-hardcover-edition-of-quentin-tarantinos-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-on-november-9-2021/

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
Re: Paul Mann
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 09:07:14 AM »
It's great artwork. I attended an event in London a couple of weeks ago (thanks to Tob for the heads up) where Tarantino was discussing in person his novelisation of the movie. I'm not surprised this image was chosen - he made a point of saying that the segment of the movie he was most proud of and which he felt could not be technically improved upon was Cliff's visit to the Spahn Ranch.

Mark

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 12:59:28 PM »
Agree, really nice painting. Sounds like a good event, too.

Probably one for the collecting in other areas thread, but I wonder if anyone else on here collects film novelizations?

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 04:33:03 PM »
It's great artwork. I attended an event in London a couple of weeks ago (thanks to Tob for the heads up) where Tarantino was discussing in person his novelisation of the movie. I'm not surprised this image was chosen - he made a point of saying that the segment of the movie he was most proud of and which he felt could not be technically improved upon was Cliff's visit to the Spahn Ranch.

Mark

Glad you managed to grab a ticket and hope it was an enjoyable event. I agree on that scene, my favourite from the film. I like that Mann included some feet, I wonder if that was a request from QT  :)