Author Topic: LOOKING FOR - Thai Fast Times at Ridgemont High poster  (Read 3661 times)

Offline CaprEazy

• Beginner
LOOKING FOR - Thai Fast Times at Ridgemont High poster
« on: July 27, 2021, 07:51:29 PM »
Hello everyone. New to the forum and semi-new to collecting Original movie posters. Lifelong lover of movies.

Anyway, I’m interested in buying any Thai movie posters anyone is selling but specifically that Fast Times poster with Phoebe.

Thanks.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Re: LOOKING FOR - Thai Fast Times at Ridgemont High poster
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 11:16:51 PM »
Welcome CaprEazy!  I hope you enjoy looking at some of the Thai posters and threads on the APF site.  Good luck in your search.  Please post any Thai posters you get.  Many of us enjoy them and collect them.  Okie

Offline CaprEazy

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 11:55:42 PM »
Yea Okie, I noticed you posting in the Thai thread.

This House II poster just came in the mail yesterday. Nostalgic watching this movie as a kid.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 12:06:12 AM »
Really cool House II poster, CaprEazy!  It definitely deserves to be also listed in the Thai Poster thread.  Okie

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2021, 05:02:06 AM »
Hello everyone. New to the forum and semi-new to collecting Original movie posters. Lifelong lover of movies.

Anyway, I’m interested in buying any Thai movie posters anyone is selling but specifically that Fast Times poster with Phoebe.

Thanks.

Hello! and welcome to the forums,

I collect Thai posters and you have good taste the Fast Times poster by Kwow is a really nice colourful one, best poster for the film IMO by a long way.

A few people on these forums have the poster but unlikely any of them would sell, I myself only picked the poster up just over a year ago and speaking with Thai collector's/dealers at the time  it's actually become pretty scarce "nowadays"

A few years ago it would show up a lot more often, but there seems to be a lot of Thai poster collector's out there and posters for 80's films always seem to be especially popular and sought after.

I wish you luck in your search and hope you can find it thumbsup.gif

Offline CaprEazy

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2021, 10:51:42 AM »
Thanks Test1!

I'm definitely more of a collector than a seller myself as it seems most people here are as well but I had to give the forum a try.

I agree with you about the best version. Great movie but the classic Spicoli/Sean Penn poster never did anything for me. The 80's genre has definitely been popular lately as that generation gets older.

I've been looking in the usual places and even sourced Phil who I don't think has been on this forum for awhile. I heard the Thai connections have gotten tighter because of the pandemic recently.

I'm sure one will pop up somewhere eventually. These posters always seem to put a devilish smile on my face when I see them...

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2021, 11:53:30 AM »
Thanks Test1!

I'm definitely more of a collector than a seller myself as it seems most people here are as well but I had to give the forum a try.

I agree with you about the best version. Great movie but the classic Spicoli/Sean Penn poster never did anything for me. The 80's genre has definitely been popular lately as that generation gets older.

I've been looking in the usual places and even sourced Phil who I don't think has been on this forum for awhile. I heard the Thai connections have gotten tighter because of the pandemic recently.

I'm sure one will pop up somewhere eventually. These posters always seem to put a devilish smile on my face when I see them...

Hey! mate,

Yes, I've been a member on these forums for a few years now (I think! hmmm.gif) and certainly in that time I don't think the regular members on here ever sell anything, so you are right in saying most on here are pure collector's.

Yes, I know Phil and have had a few things off of him in the past, but, usually that's always if and when he has DOUBLES of any poster or on rare occasions if you're lucky he might trade with you if you have a poster he especially wants, which is rare because he has a bigger Thai collection than most people I know, so it's not often you can offer something he does not already have.

As for Fast Times, I agree one should show up "eventually" if you keep looking in the right places, it's not the very rarest Thai 80's poster out there, far from it, but, believe me it has certainly got a lot more scarce than it used to be, just be prepared you "may" have to pay a little more than you'd expect to get hold of it if someone offers it to you.

John

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2021, 12:09:50 PM »
Thai posters are fun to collect.  I always love the added imagery on them.  But it's true that they have been pretty scarce lately.  I'm not looking for anything in particular, but I check the usual suspects from time to time and they have nothing to offer.  Someone, somewhere, is sitting on a whole big stack of them.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2021, 01:29:30 PM »
Thai posters are fun to collect.  I always love the added imagery on them.  But it's true that they have been pretty scarce lately.  I'm not looking for anything in particular, but I check the usual suspects from time to time and they have nothing to offer.  Someone, somewhere, is sitting on a whole big stack of them.

T

It's very much the added (& often totally unique) imagery on the Thai posters that got me into them, and I've been collecting them "on & off" ever since, that is of course the odd times decent ones show up, but, you are spot on they are far harder to find than they were just a few short years ago, certainly if you are after anything that has the slightest bit of rarity about it.

I think you will find there's a few people out there that are very much "sitting on a whole big stack of them" as you put it T, however trying to get them to part with any is another thing altogether.