Author Topic: Has Anyone Bought From - Original Vintage Movie Poster ?  (Read 4760 times)

Offline CinematicFanatic

• Beginner
Has Anyone Bought From - Original Vintage Movie Poster ?
« on: March 14, 2021, 11:08:40 AM »
Hi Everyone

As per the title, has anyone bought from Original Vintage Movie Poster before?

https://originalvintagemovieposters.com/

Thanks in advance.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Has Anyone Bought From - Original Vintage Movie Poster ?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 11:26:07 AM »
Never did, never will.

At first sight, looks extremely expensive.  Posters and shipping.  $50 to ship a folded poster to Euripe  thumbsup.gif

Also, they sell CoA for $35?  What, from them?  That made me laugh. 

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 10:10:37 AM »
I HAD them on my list of sellers for a short time.

And then they were removed due to being utterly expensive and my figuring I too would never buy from them.

Offline CinematicFanatic

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 11:09:54 AM »
Thanks both.

Only place that has come back with the poster I want, quite surprisingly quickly.

I've asked what price I would be looking at so I guess IF (Big if), it is reasonable, are they legit?

Offline ealingmovieposters

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 11:48:15 AM »
I have communicated with them in the past (to try and consign), they are one of the few places that have a physical store in Texas and I was thinking of consigning some John Wayne posters to them, but we couldn't agree terms.

They are expensive but I believe them to be legit and if the price was right I would buy from them, that said and looking at their prices it is unlikely I will ever do business there.

I am curious as to what 'title' you were looking for (if you want to share), as it is unusual to find a given poster from one source.
Regards

Ian

Offline CinematicFanatic

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 11:59:56 AM »
Most people know on here already, and surprisingly I am struggling to pick up:

A US One Sheet, double sided, Goodfellas poster.

Exhausted everywhere online, and there aren't even any showing on any auction sites at the moment.

If you knew of anyone / anywhere that had one, please do let me know  :)

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 12:52:51 PM »
It's going to be hard getting a genuine version of that particular poster at the moment, many bootlegs out there.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GOODFELLAS-1990-ORIGINAL-MOVIE-POSTER-1SH-MARTIN-SCORSESE-ROLLED-DOUBLE-SIDED/263267771405?hash=item3d4bfb640d:g:YSwAAOSwNchZ5mSo

$700 (link above) is the best I have currently seen (in rolled good condition) - I have seen ones going for over $1k

If you wait it out I think you should find something suitable on emovieposter.com but if you have to have it now then I am guessing $700 for a genuine one in V Good condition is the 'ballpark'.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 01:04:06 PM by ealingmovieposters »
Regards

Ian

Offline CinematicFanatic

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2021, 01:42:45 PM »
Others have said this poster goes for around $200. I'm UK based so if it came up under £200 that would be great! I do want one but because I've been informed they can be had for $200 I'm holding off on spending way above that (I see one in the UK for £600 and that is way overpriced apparently).

They can correct me if I am wrong but posters on that seller you linked, I've had a brief look and they all seem very overpriced. As I say, others can correct me if I am wrong on that but they appear to be, so just be careful in case you was thinking of personally getting anything from there.

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2021, 02:58:10 PM »
I understand, you want this poster in V Good rolled condition for around $200 (pounds).
If I see two, I will let you know (having purchased the first one)  ;)
Regards

Ian

Offline CinematicFanatic

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2021, 07:58:36 PM »
They can be had for $195:

http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/archiveitem/12118463.html

I’ve just got to be patient.

But yes.. if you do see one please let me know  :)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2021, 08:42:40 PM »
The real question is how soon you want it.  I am convinced you will eventually be able to get it at a normal price (~$200).  But it might take some time.  If you want it sooner (which I feel you do) you might have to bite the bullet and be done w it.  There is one on Ebay at $700 in semi decent condition.  You might want to offer $550 and see if the seller bites.  Or wait.  But ultimately, the time you spend searching it might be worth the difference.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2021, 10:08:48 AM »
Never hesitate to reach out to any seller/shop with YOUR price and then go from there.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,