Author Topic: My website is online!  (Read 5100 times)

Offline ItalianBogart

• Beginner
My website is online!
« on: April 19, 2021, 08:11:30 AM »
Hello there!

finally my personal website is online. You can see part of my collection and many other things....

here : www.paolozelati.it

let me know what you think
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 03:44:00 AM by kovacs01 »

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
Re: My website is onpine!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 09:04:58 AM »
Fantastic collection Paolo!!! It must have taken you months to build your website. I've just skimmed through it now - many, many posters I have not seen before - I need to find half a day to go through it properly. I'm hoping you will be the "go to" person on this forum to help date Italian posters as there is so much confusion in the hobby regarding original and re-release posters.

Mark

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 09:51:20 AM »
Wow, what amazing collection, there are so many rare and stunning Italian posters, I'm really impressed!  Congrats on finishing your website, it's very well done too.  I will also spend many hours browsing through the many beautiful titles you have on there, so thank you for providing this link.   

Offline ealingmovieposters

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 10:32:06 AM »
Some great 40's/50's original (Italian poster) classics, including 'This gun for hire', 'Out of the past' and 'Sirocco' (Damasco) which don't come up for sale that often in the US, I really enjoyed browsing your Noir and 40's\50's classic images. Will visit again.
Regards

Ian

Offline mahmudf

• Hobbyist
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 11:15:53 AM »
Very nice posters and site

Offline AnthonyFR

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2021, 02:14:32 PM »
Italian posters are really fantastic !!

Too large but splendid !!
That sounds awesome

Obviously, I dream of owning this iconic poster of Bava 'Black Sunday' and the one for 'The Vampire Lovers' (as a fan of Hammer)...
Some 50s / 60s horror movie posters that I had never seen (Tarantula or The Mad Magician).

And the portrait of Rita Hayworth on the poster for 'Affair in Trinidad' is just stunning!
I want this poster in my room !! ;- )

Are there serious sellers of Italian posters on the net?

Offline ItalianBogart

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 03:09:28 PM »
Thanks everybody!

Mark: Yes, I spent months doing it, I wanted to include all my work, not just posters...BYW: only a very small portion of my collection is there! And yes: I can be the "man to go". Feel free to ask!

AnthonyFR: that poster is amazing...but even more amazing is the original artwork by Ballester that is on my wall! :-)

Feel free to ask me anything and thanks to all of you for your kinds words

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 05:49:05 PM »
This is what it's all about!!!

Absolutely AMAZING!!!  Your love for movies is in full display through this gorgeous collection of posters.  Italian posters are the best in the world and it's not hard to see why.

faint2.gif

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline ItalianBogart

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2021, 06:06:11 PM »
Thanks Thierry!  Wonderful words!

and yes, this is what it's all about!!!!! (for all of us I guess)

Offline Starling

• Collector
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2021, 08:41:26 PM »
Really fantastic site! Congrats on all the magnificent paper.

Petrified Forest, Gilda, and Big Sleep are DREAM posters! Can't believe you own them  bed1

Do you hang many around your place?

Again, thanks for sharing!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2021, 08:56:44 PM »
Something that I really appreciate too is that ALL the signed posters are signed to you, which means that you got them in person.  If you like signed posters, this is really the only way to go.  You were there, you met the people, like you say, some of them became personal friends, and that to me, is what signatures are all about.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline ItalianBogart

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2021, 08:12:46 AM »
Yes Thierry, that's it. I would not care at all about a "signature"...it's the personal relationship that is important.

I hope you guys checked also the Foreign Posters gallery: there is all my New American Horror collection, all signed by friends and people I interviewed during the 10 years I've been researching for my book "American Nightmares": 33 interviews I've done with all the most important directors of the period. Hoping to translate it in English very soon...

As for my house: yes I do have many posters on the walls! I had 2 national TVs coming here last week doing a special interview.

I will post more posters very soon, site will be always updated. But I'm doing the books too, so lots of rare posters won't be on the website...at least for now

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2021, 03:46:37 PM »
Yes Thierry, that's it. I would not care at all about a "signature"...it's the personal relationship that is important.

So so true.  It's a very refreshing take on this whole signature debate and one that I endorse thoroughly.  It has to be signed to you to mean something.  Otherwise, it's fake and meaningless.

T
My Personal Collection

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2021, 06:08:01 PM »
Wow! What an amazing collection, Paolo! So many beautiful posters  bed1

Very nice site too, the photos are very good and it's easy to browse. One piece of feedback - I can't seem to get all your Italian posters to show using Chrome when I select 'All'? It only seems to show 18 posters. But I can filter using the categories to see more, so it's ok.

I'm going back to look at more now...lovely. Never seen this one before, it's great:

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2021, 07:55:11 PM »
Tob, I Demoniaci is actually a somewhat obscure French film called Les Louves (1957).  The same artwork appears on the Argentine poster as well, with the title Las Lobas.  It's very striking indeed, very different from the French version, which is also pretty great in its own right.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2021, 06:50:40 PM »
Tob, I Demoniaci is actually a somewhat obscure French film called Les Louves (1957).  The same artwork appears on the Argentine poster as well, with the title Las Lobas.  It's very striking indeed, very different from the French version, which is also pretty great in its own right.

Thanks Antoine! Good info. The French version is nice too. I like that the art is also on the Argentine poster...I'm going to keep my eyes out for one (hopefully it'll be cheaper than the Italian!).

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Re: My website is online!
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2021, 12:49:38 AM »
Kabaam!  Very cool site and collection, Paolo!  Okie

Offline JCM

• Hobbyist
Re: My website is online!
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2021, 02:56:43 PM »
Absolutely incredible collection & site!