Author Topic: April 2021  (Read 12917 times)

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
Re: April 2021
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2021, 12:46:36 AM »
Dancing Lady card is beautiful and rare.
I had one over a decade ago that came with a collection that also had a complete set from You Nazty Spy!
Sold them both the same evening I got them, but before I even shipped them out I got calls from 4 other Stooge collectors trying to cut the original buyer out (I declined all the other offers though).
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Online Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2021, 11:46:52 PM »
I just bought this stunning Italian 4F for a rather obscure independent movie, The Vampire (1957).  I love the bright red color that dominates the artwork and the font on the title.  The vivid painterly style of the figures really encapsulates the 1950s to me.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2021, 12:08:56 AM »
I sure like those colors and image on The Vampire as well, Antoine! For just a minute, I thought the vampire may have been played by actor Cliff Robertson.  I can just imagine Robertson now as an understated very scary vampire! Getting back to reality: have you seen this movie? I don't recall it.  Okie

Online Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2021, 01:44:35 AM »
I saw it a long time ago, I'd like to revisit it now that I own this poster.  I remember that it wasn't half as bad as I expected, and that it had an unusual explanation for vampirism that was steeped in pseudo-science (probably since it was made during the late 1950s at the height of the sci-fi boom, just before Hammer made supernatural horror popular again).

Offline Heather_Mason_SH3

• Beginner
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2021, 11:29:44 PM »
Two of my latest finds - video release posters for Kiki's Delivery Service and Madeline Lost In Paris.
These were a big part of my childhood and I still love them to this day, so I was very happy I was able to find them after a long search!
I'm not 100% sure on the authenticity of the Kiki poster because I can't find ANY information on the video poster and it's quite different from any I've ever seen - but the seller claimed it was an original and it does look pretty good!
I purchased two of the Madeline posters but due to an error on the seller's part, got a partial refund.

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2021, 09:36:01 AM »
Two of my latest finds - video release posters for Kiki's Delivery Service and Madeline Lost In Paris.
These were a big part of my childhood and I still love them to this day, so I was very happy I was able to find them after a long search!
I'm not 100% sure on the authenticity of the Kiki poster because I can't find ANY information on the video poster and it's quite different from any I've ever seen - but the seller claimed it was an original and it does look pretty good!
I purchased two of the Madeline posters but due to an error on the seller's part, got a partial refund.

Wonderful! Always love it when people find something that they have an emotional attachment to like this.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

• Beginner
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2021, 11:26:37 PM »
Wonderful! Always love it when people find something that they have an emotional attachment to like this.
Thanks. It definitely feels good to have them around. I have a few more that are special to me stored away due to lack of wall space and frames and the moment. Hopefully that can change when I get myself a bigger place in a few years.

Here are two of my latest acquisitions. US One Sheets for "The Mutilator", both the final poster and the original from when it was known as "Fall Break". "Mutilator" variant is signed by director Buddy Cooper.
It's not my favorite slasher, but it has one of the best pieces of artwork I've seen for a slasher!

Not pictured are a Canadian one sheet for 1985's "Hot Chili" and a US one sheet for 1985's "Delivery Boys". Was going to post a picture of them, but forgot to actually get one before swapping them out with The Mutilator.
Hot Chili was definitely one I was excited for because I never thought I'd actually find an original poster for it and it's one of my favorite '80s sex comedies.

I have a few more exciting finds on the way, again two of which I never thought I'd find. If I'm lucky, there will soon be a third!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 11:28:13 PM by Heather_Mason_SH3 »

• Beginner
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2021, 09:58:11 PM »
Here's one of the posters I was very excited for - 1984's Snowballing!
It's a highly underrated comedy with a fun cast of characters and actors/actresses. I wasn't sure I was ever going to find one of these because I couldn't find ANYTHING on whether a poster for this film even existed as it seems to have been direct to video. I wasn't even searching for it when I came across it on eBay, and it was VERY reasonably priced! Hopefully I'll get lucky someday with some of the other seemingly non-existent movie posters I'm searching for.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2021, 10:01:21 PM »
I don't know any of these movies but I love your enthusiasm.  This is what collecting should be about...   cheers

Also, I love Serial Mom!

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2021, 01:50:43 AM »
Here's one of the posters I was very excited for - 1984's Snowballing!
It's a highly underrated comedy with a fun cast of characters and actors/actresses. I wasn't sure I was ever going to find one of these because I couldn't find ANYTHING on whether a poster for this film even existed as it seems to have been direct to video. I wasn't even searching for it when I came across it on eBay, and it was VERY reasonably priced! Hopefully I'll get lucky someday with some of the other seemingly non-existent movie posters I'm searching for.

This is awesome!
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline Ratzkywatzky

• Beginner
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2021, 01:56:21 PM »

Shameless plug. This is available for sale if anyone is interested.