Author Topic: Need Advice on removing white crease on poster  (Read 4508 times)

Offline FanOfTheMovies13

• Beginner
Need Advice on removing white crease on poster
« on: March 05, 2021, 04:41:10 AM »
Hi guys! Just two days ago i purchased an Captain America the first avenger teaser double sided poster super happy it came in perfect condition, but after putting in into an poster file i accidentally made a crease on the poster a long white line on the middle of captain america's face any advice on how to make it look better / remove it. Thanks

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Re: Need Advice on removing white crease on poster
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 10:21:30 AM »
If you are not happy with the character lines in the face, try on the white crease some watercolour pencils (which are non permanent as can be removed).

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 03:08:32 PM »
I always wondered how people use those poster files without damaging the posters.  Now I have my answer ;)

Is this a hard to find poster or expensive?  I don’t know the price of things anymore.  Because I would suggest getting another one.  I don’t think the scratch can be fixed and it certainly ruins the poster.  But then again, I’m a purist.  Maybe some people don’t care.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline FanOfTheMovies13

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 08:53:05 PM »
It's hard to here in Singapore now i'm done with using those files lesson learned, But its not very obvious when i place the poster in my matt frame. I might try that water-colour pencil trick thanks!