Author Topic: Holiday's thoughts....  (Read 16859 times)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Holiday's thoughts....
« on: December 17, 2009, 11:17:21 AM »
I haven't been collecting for as many years as others in the community.  But, during the 7 or so years that I have been collecting, I've followed boards like MPF and NS4 that have been around during that time.  I've also seen at least one other board come and go.  And, there's been other boards that died before I entered the hobby.

Rather than thy to buttonhole what other boards do, I think I speak for Thierry too in wanting to talk about what we're trying to do.  There is no board that meets the needs of all poster-collecting communities.  We would like to fix that with All Poster Forum.  So far, we set up the categories that you see.  There may be other categories created over time, and some of the existing categories may not survive.  But, Thierry and I want to provide a discussion space for all collectors.

I started collecting only double sided onesheet movies posters.  Over time, I have started collecting various foreign movie posters.  I also collect advertising posters and some commercial posters.  There's even a few music-concert posters scattered through the collection.  I have a few limited prints that would fit the graphic art posters section too.  The point is, I am a collector, and my collecting interests vary over time, usually expanding in the field.  I'm sure I'm not the only one out there with this experience.

There's another matter, too.  Censorship.  While this board will be moderated, it will not be censored so long as discussion relates to the topics listed.  No hatters are allowed.  That's pretty much the only rule.  Say what you want, post what you want, and be ready to take what you dish out -- so long as it relates to the topics at hand.  I am not thin-skinned and neither is Thierry.  There will be no banning on this board so long as you stick to the topics at hand.  If you really feel the need to talk about off-topic things, that's what the off-topic board is for.  I don't care what you put there, so long as there's no hating.

I'm sure Thierry will have something to say.  He always does....

Holiday
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Dr Hackenbush

Re: Holiday's thoughts....
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 07:26:22 PM »
No hatters are allowed

No hatters allowed!?  Damn your anti-haberdasher ways

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 08:12:48 PM »
 :)  That's what I get for rushing at work!

Welcome doc!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 09:15:58 PM »
"No hatters are allowed"

So does this mean I have to get rid of my extensive baseball cap collection?
Chris

linder1

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 09:23:01 PM »
Agree with your thoughts Holiday, and this was the spirit I intended on the long defunct MPC... I think this charter along with the inclusion of *all* posters may contribute to the value of an alternative venue.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 09:35:31 PM »
I've invited a good friend to join.  He has a collection of advertising posters that, to my knowledge, is the only one that rivals mine in terms of some of the rare items he has.   He collects nothing else.  To date, he's had no other forum to go where anyone gives a shit what he collects.  Now, he does.

And stop with the hat jokes you fuckers or I'll ban you.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

kauaitx

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 11:00:40 PM »

Well, I haven't had my say yet on the subject of Holiday's intolerance of people who wear hats.

Oh, I do love a good revolution.  In this case, it's also an evolution.  And Holiday and Thierry are perfectly suited to start it.

Jeannie

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 11:35:45 PM »
Why, because we both have fucked up names?
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Adz931

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 08:57:50 AM »
Cool as feck!

Well done Thierry and Holiday.

A lot of people are talking about this place . . . I agree with everything you have said above.

Ad

tele-tv

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 08:16:52 PM »
I've invited a good friend to join.  He has a collection of advertising posters that, to my knowledge, is the only one that rivals mine in terms of some of the rare items he has.   He collects nothing else.  To date, he's had no other forum to go where anyone gives a shit what he collects.  Now, he does.

And stop with the hat jokes you fuckers or I'll ban you.

Thanks Holiday.  Its about time I got my butt over here : ).  Oh and thanks bud for your King 'S'lut avatar.  Now I ccan't get that out of my head.  ;D

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 10:15:14 PM »
Damned glad you finally made it over here!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2017, 11:00:44 PM »
I have to say, this place is special.  I know you all know that, and in this moment, I feel humbled that you have all supported this site for these years. 

There were many people who did not think APF would survive. We spawned from a shit storm of a place (MPF), and then spawned in turn VMP.  There is so much history here, and for this site to survive going on a decade, it's incredible to say that APF is a part of the movie poster collecting culture.

Thank you all who have held the space for me to come on back :)  And Jeff, I have said privately to you my thanks for all of the good work you do here. Let me say it publicly too... THANK YOU!!!

And Theirry.... You're still an ass, and I still love you :)
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery